Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 pm 

My name is Bjarne Nybo, Denmark
Panorama Denmark.

For that purpose I have bought a motorized Panogear which is supposed to work wirelessly with my iPad Mini.
My Panogear works perfectly with Hand Control.

The problem is that I can’t get my Panogear to work wirelessly with my iPad via Wi-Fi.
When I try to connect my Panogear and the iPad Mini via Wi-Fi, the units will connect, but I don’t know how to control the Panogear from the iPad Mini.

I think I need something for/in my iPad or perhaps there is something I need to set up correctly. But what ?

Bjarne Nybo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 pm 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Panorama Denmark.

For that purpose I have bought a motorized Panogear which is supposed to work wirelessly with my iPad Mini.

The problem is that I can’t get my Panogear to work wirelessly with my iPad via Wi-Fi.
When I try to connect my Panogear and the iPad Mini via Wi-Fi, the units will connect, but I don’t know how to control the Panogear from the iPad Mini.

I think I need something for/in my iPad or perhaps there is something I need to set up correctly. But what ?

Bjarne Nybo

Perhaps you can find something here to help?
http://www.panoshoot.com/index.php/tutorials

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:14 pm 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Panorama Denmark.

Bjarne Nybo

The mororized Panogear is not directly compatible with iPads or Androids. You would need a dedicated app for that.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm 

mediavets wrote:
Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Panorama Denmark.

Bjarne Nybo

Perhaps you can find something here to help?
http://www.panoshoot.com/index.php/tutorials

Are you kidding?? =D :cool:

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 am 

I have sendt an e-mail to Kolor from 10 days ago, lets hope I will hear.
Klaus: I will follow the link. Thanks
Bjarne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 am 

klausesser wrote:
Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Panorama Denmark.

Bjarne Nybo

The mororized Panogear is not directly compatible with iPads or Androids. You would need a dedicated app for that.

best, Klaus

Do you have a link to the App. ?
Bjarne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:32 am 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
klausesser wrote:
Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Panorama Denmark.

Bjarne Nybo

best, Klaus

Do you have a link to the App. ?
Bjarne

Hey!

There is none. There ia device called "Panoshoot" - which Andrew mentioned already. This one is thought to communicate with wireless devices on trhe ine side and is plugged to the head the other side. Controlling is per browser. The thread to which Andrew linked clearly showes: it doesn´t work as expected. Dead horse as it seems. Nobody seems to take care of the disappointed customers any more . . . as far as i read.

Andrew is involved in some development regarding wirelessly control the Panogear - guess he can tell you.

WLan-controlling the head via a browser on devices like tablets or smartphones seems quite appealing - but there are many hurdles. A way might be to build an app for the iPad/Phone or Androids. But there is none so far.

Developing a really good working app is very expensive and takes much efforts. The numbers of Panogears in the world is too small to make it profitable.

And there are other problems:
1) there are areas in which you definitely are not allowed to use WLan devices and smartphones at all.
2) areas of much frequency-pollution - here the connection is extremely unstable.
3) different resolutions of the devices - scaling is an issue then.
4) updates of the OS or the browser - not sure your controlling of the head will work with them.

You might follow the posts here regarding the Panoshoot and judge yourself . . : viewforum.php?f=46

A friend of mine - very skilled engineer, headed a development departent at 3M and developer/manufacturer of the Panoneed.com head and the widely used T&C handheld controller - and i tested several ways of controlling a robotic head in a safe and comfortable way for several years.

We found - he as an engineer and constructor, me as a long-time advertising photographer - that the safest and most comfortable way is to have a device like the T&C attached to the head and being able to just start and stop by radio. All other controlling is done before the shooting very comfortably on it´s small touch-screen.

The device is as big as a cigarette package and weighs as much as one.

See it here: http://panoneed.com it´s the small grey device hanging on the head. This controller suits the Panogear/Merlin head also - as well as the Panoneed head - matter of firmware.

To make it clear: i´m very pleased by the device and i use it all day with the Panoneed - but what i write this is not meant as an advertising or promotion effort. That´s not necessary at all . . Josef has a hard time anyway to fulfill the orders he has already and asked me to not promote at t he moment . . . :cool:

I´m telling all that to make clear that it´s very complicated to build a safe and flawlessly running controller-app for the Merlin or having it run wireless via a browser . . . and there is no app for it at all.

I´m very much into this - but i never saw a single solution which runs as well as a cable-connected device. The only device which ran acceptable wirelessly was the Nokia N800/810 via Bluetooth. But i can´t live with it working professionally - it´s acceptable, but not relieable in all situations.

Hope this helped . .

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 pm 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
I have sendt an e-mail to Kolor from 10 days ago, lets hope I will hear.
Klaus: I will follow the link. Thanks
Bjarne

If you cannot get your Panoshoot to work (and you are not alone) I can only suggest you request a refund under Distance Selling Regulations; and buy an alternative controller.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 pm 

Here it is...
http://www.panoshoot.com/index.php/tuto ... ss-network
Bjarne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:02 pm 

But I will also try with a Camrange.
Bjarne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Bjarne

Are you talking about this?:
http://camranger.com/camranger-pan-tilt/
If so, in my opinion you'd be better off seeking an alternative controller (rather than the Panoshoot) for your Panogear mount.

You could choose from:

1. The T&C Touch Controller: http://www.typeandcolour.de/index.php?ln=en&tp=hhc_home

2. PandroidWiz running on an Android platform with the PapyMerlin Bluetooth adapter for the Panogear mount:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... androidwiz
http://www.papymerlin.com/interface-%C3%A9lectronique/
http://magasin.skivr.com/en/accessoires ... -head.html

3. Papywizard running on an N800 or N810 Internet Tablet with the Papymerlin Bluetooth adapter for the Panogear mount:
http://www.papywizard.org/
http://www.papymerlin.com/interface-%C3%A9lectronique/
http://magasin.skivr.com/en/accessoires ... -head.html

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:11 pm 

Can i turn my Panogear 45-90.o to "lay" it Down at my tripod.
Bjarne

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:11 pm 

Bjarne

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:13 pm 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Bjarne

???

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:19 pm 

Bjarne Nybo wrote:
Bjarne

As Andrew mentioned already: CamRanger cannot control the head. It controls just the camera.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:36 pm 

I mean manuel via my tripod.
Bjarne