Well I can't plug the bluetooth and the handcontrol into the same port as there is only one port for this.
So no - I haven't done that.
Running MAC OS Mountain Lion on MacBook PRO.
Running Panorama (HC software) in Parallels.
Yes, the HC has an LCD display.
Yes, everything was working fine, bluetooth and HC all working well.
It has just stopped for no reason.
The display works fine and everything turns on etc - it just doesn't go past the boot screen.
I can also communicate with the hand control (ie: upload and download) via computer so I am sure the HC is fine.
It appears to be the Panogear head that it faulty.
Camera: 5d Mk3 with various Canon lenses, 14mm, 16-35mm, 24-70mm, 8-15mm Fisheye are what I have been using.
"IT just stopped for no reason."
This is hard to believe. The Merlin is robust. mine for example felt down from 2m directly on wooden floor. Plastic does have some scratches, but works perfect, nothing is broken.
1. Did you ever plugin in the Merlin Handcontroller to port HC and additional at same time the TC controller to the AUX Port? - if yes - you can damage the Merlin according to merlin manual...
2. Did you ever use any version of batteries and at same time the external AC/DC Power plug? if yes - you can damage...
3. Did you plug external power supply to the OUT Port. if yes - you can damage...
4. what happens if you plug the TC handcontroller to AUX port - the HC Port is empty - and you turn the merlin on...
5. which version of TC do you use (shown in bootmenu)
6. check the batteries with a voltmeter to check if they are fully loaded. Maybe one is damaged and so in total the TC handcontroller does not get enough power from merlin (this happens quiet often is using the default battery system with simple AA/HR6 accus when they are getting lower 70 or even 80% capacity.)
7. check the default cable (5cm or so) for merlin<->TC handcontroller device. Sometimes, if cable does have 1 or 2mm gap there's "not enough" connection.
8. if you coonect your TC handcontroller via mini usb cable to your PC, does the default provided PC Software from Josef Graessle get connection to the TC or is there also the screen haning(http://www.typeandcolour.de/index.php?tp=Produkte&up=cont) one more source for the merlin, the developer of the TC handcontroller
9. why do you try to use the TC handcontroller and the bluethooth both connected to the Merlin (or do I misunderstand this)?
10. is the shutter cable from your Canon connected to the TC handcontroller or to the Merlin (both may work if some versions of TC handcontroller ROM is installed; only first version will work on some other TC handcontroller ROM versions...)
11. if you plug the merlin handcontroller to AUX and HC Port is empty, does the Head move by using the up,down,left and right arrow keys?
12. Same but with handcontroller plugged to HC port and AUX is empty? (both should work...)
Klaus, maybe Josef can email him a ROM update for his TC handcontroller, so this error source can be eliminated. If ROM update works and still hangs while booting than... the ball goes to merlin.