No parallax point capabilities in panogear  

English support for Panogear kit
no avatar
MFranquelo

No parallax point capabilities in panogear

by MFranquelo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Hello, recently i´ve been trying to get a perfect no parallax point for my nikon d7000 24mm f9
and im finding some troubles here :(, maybe someone could help :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see i can´t move my camera further to the right becouse the lens hits with the panogear.
i need to move the camera so the rotation axis matches the centre of the entrance pupil

Also if i want to configure the NPP for 18 mm i need to move my camera forward of the rail, but when i move it more forward the camera lens starts to see the little black thing on ther right, of the panogear
maybe i mounted something wrong ?
Any ideas ?

Thank you again :)
regards, Manuel.
Last edited by MFranquelo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 pm

MFranquelo wrote:Hello, recently i´ve been trying to get a perfect no parallax point for my nikon d7000 24mm f9
and im finding some troubles here :(, maybe someone could help :

[url]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8979/sinttulo2dr.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see i can´t move my camera further to the right becouse the lens hits with the panogear.
i need to move the camera so the rotation axis matches the centre of the entrance pupil

Also if i want to configure the NPP for 18 mm i need to move my camera forward of the rail, but when i move it more forward the camera lens starts to see the little black thing on ther right, of the panogear
maybe i mounted something wrong ?
Any ideas ?

Thank you again :)
regards, Manuel.

In that case you might try to mount the camera in portrait-mode. Or you get a different, flatter, mount for the Merlin (called "crown").
You can get it from "Telescope Austria" and surely some others.

I suggest first to try the portrait-mode (no handgrip on the camera). Maybe you´d have to modify the rail a bit - nag away a bit where the camera is fixed. I had it done on my Merlin when i switched from a 20D to the 5D2 - which is about 2-3mm higher.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
MFranquelo

by MFranquelo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you again klauss, i´ll try the portrait mode first, you always have responses for everything :cool:
bests, Manuel.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:08 pm

MFranquelo wrote:Thank you again klauss, i´ll try the portrait mode first, you always have responses for everything :cool:
bests, Manuel.

and mybe not using the L-bracket can also give you some additional millimeters,

such like this one http://www.typeandcolour.de/index.php?tp=Produkte&up=mount
or any other on internet (or even in combination the L-bracket and the one from above like shown at T&C page...)

EDIT: ok it seems your screen shows such bracket in combination with the L-bracket...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:11 pm

MFranquelo wrote:Thank you again klauss, i´ll try the portrait mode first, you always have responses for everything :cool:
bests, Manuel.

:cool: if you need a flatter mount (crown): http://www.teleskop-austria.at/shop/index.php?lng=de&m=2&kod=mont-sin-crn-nn&om=Natur-Fotografie

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
MFranquelo

by MFranquelo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 pm

What part of the Panogear is that part for ? the upper part where the camera lens touches the panogear ? sorry im a bit confused

Return to Panogear