is it possible for panogear to have exposure more than 2 minutes.  

English support for Panogear kit
no avatar
johnchoy

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

is it possible for panogear to have exposure more than 2 minutes.

by johnchoy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 pm

My works are about some stitching of night photography with each individual images with exposure time of around 2 mins. Can this motorised head handle it. Since I can't find the info about long exposure.

thx

John

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 pm

johnchoy wrote:My works are about some stitching of night photography with each individual images with exposure time of around 2 mins. Can this motorised head handle it. Since I can't find the info about long exposure.

thx

John

PapyWizard on my Nokia goes up to 120sec. I´ll check the T&C handheld and ask Josef. I´m convinced he can realize much longer times.

best, KLaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
johnchoy

Topic author
Info

by johnchoy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Thx KLaus for yr reply.

PapyWizard on my Nokia goes up to 120sec

is this 120 sec means the time lapse of the device. And my workflow will be to set the time lapse and camera exposure setting to 120 sec, then have a certain amount of stablisation time before the next exposure begin. I'm rather confused by the product specification and description.

Morover, Is the touch panel's handling the same as papywizard ?

In the meantime, I'm gathering info between panogear and gigapan before i made a move to acquire a motorised head.

THanks in advance for those who can give me an insight.

John

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:18 pm

johnchoy wrote:Thx KLaus for yr reply.

PapyWizard on my Nokia goes up to 120sec

is this 120 sec means the time lapse of the device. And my workflow will be to set the time lapse and camera exposure setting to 120 sec, then have a certain amount of stablisation time before the next exposure begin. I'm rather confused by the product specification and description.

Morover, Is the touch panel's handling the same as papywizard ?

In the meantime, I'm gathering info between panogear and gigapan before i made a move to acquire a motorised head.

THanks in advance for those who can give me an insight.

John

Just talked to Josef: the handheld can handle 99 sec. as it is. But it´s possible to get longer times when Josef changes the layout of the screen - there´s space for 2 digits only in that menu-box.

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 pm

klausesser wrote:PapyWizard on my Nokia goes up to 120sec. I´ll check the T&C handheld and ask Josef. I´m convinced he can realize much longer times.

best, KLaus

I see no such limit with Papywizard on my Nokia Tablet, nor on Windows XP.

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:11 pm

johnchoy wrote:is this 120 sec means the time lapse of the device. And my workflow will be to set the time lapse and camera exposure setting to 120 sec, then have a certain amount of stablisation time before the next exposure begin. I'm rather confused by the product specification and description.

This documentation will help explain the various parameters used by Papywizard to determine the shooting sequence timings:

http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Shootingsequence
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:PapyWizard on my Nokia goes up to 120sec. I´ll check the T&C handheld and ask Josef. I´m convinced he can realize much longer times.

best, KLaus

I see no such limit with Papywizard on my Nokia Tablet, nor on Windows XP.

Oops - seems i have an old version! Sorry!

best, Klaus

P.S.: yep - my version is 1.6.1. Didn´t want to use the newer versions because i mean they´re too uncomfortable for use in the field.
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
johnchoy

Topic author
Info

by johnchoy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Sorry not to say thanks to Klaus and Andrew earlier.

My panogear had arrived for a week and I think the learning curve is not gentle. After a week testing with it, I finally went for a night shot tonight.

Meanwhile , I was controlling the panogear with a netbook Asus Eee pc 2G. After having bought a higher capacity battery for the netbook, this almost 2 hrs night photo session was done successfully. The individual exposure time was 90 second and with 6 x 7 frames per mosaic, total capturing time was 1hr 15mins.

Anyway, after browsing almost all the info from the forum, I decided to purchase the TC controller and and it's on its way. Hope it would be faster with the TC contoller.

THx again
John