no avatar
All Terrain

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Canon EOS 5D II issues

by All Terrain » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:41 am

Hello all,

I have just received the Panogear motorised head and have ben struggling to make it work with my Canon EOS 5D II.

The head rotates into place once the start and end points have been identified. However, unless I release the shutter manually, the shoot always fails (with the supplied cable). THis kind of invalidates the reason for buying this motorised head...

Can anyone help me? I need to use the Panogear very soon but canot get it to function with my 5D.

Thanks.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Are you using Papywizard or the Touch controller?

Manual focus or autofocus?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
All Terrain

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by All Terrain » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:07 am

I am indeed using Papywizard 2.0 on my Mac via the bluetooth dongle as I wanted to operate the head remotely.

Everything on the camera is set to manual (focus and exposure).

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:32 am

All Terrain wrote:I am indeed using Papywizard 2.0 on my Mac via the bluetooth dongle as I wanted to operate the head remotely.

Everything on the camera is set to manual (focus and exposure).

You´re aware of having to connect the camera release cable to the Merlin i guess . . . are you sure to use the correct polarity? You might use an adapter from the 2,5mm jack on Merlin to the 3,5mm jack of the remote release cable.
I run a 5D2 with the Merlin and PapyWizard using my MacBook Pro via USB, or a Nokia N800 using BT or the TC handcontroller using the remote control cable to release the camera. It´s a short piece with the Canon-jack on the one and a 3,5mm female on the other end. A short cable with 3,5mm male jacks on both sides gives me the correct length.
Works fine in all cases.

Using the MB via BT i use the Merlin´s 2,5mm Jack and an adapter from 2,5 to 3,5mm to match the short Canon-adapter cable´s 2,5mm famale jack.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

fma38

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by fma38 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Do not use the 2.0 release; try the dev release, instead...
Frédéric