no avatar
pns

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

possible problem with cable?

by pns » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:18 am

greetings!

i'm the new owner of a panogear kit, but i cannot fire a canon camera, no matter what i try. what i've done:

- the head moves (no mechanical problems)
- the head fires a nikon camera (so the snap jack appears to be fine)
- the canon can be fired by a regular shutter cable release (so the camera jack appears to be fine)
- the problem exists with both the bluetooth thingy under papywizard and the touch control (so it's not a settings problem in papywizard)

i usually assume i'm doing something wrong, but in this case i'm pretty sure it's the canon cable that was provided. what can i do?

cheers,
pns

no avatar
pns

Topic author
Info

by pns » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 pm

just a quick update...

soon after my original post, a reply appeared relating a similar problem with a canon cable, but it soon disappeared...?

in the absence of feedback in the forum, i've sent a couple of emails to the kolor team, explaining the situation and asking for a replacement cable. no reply, so far :( .

i can't use the panogear kit with the camera i bought it for, so i'm rather unhappy about the situation. i understand the lack of response from the community (after all, it is not your job), but i am very disappointed by the lack of feedback from the kolor people.

cheers,
pns
Last edited by pns on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
pns

Topic author
Info

by pns » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 am

further (final?) update:

i've received a new canon cable -- thanx, kolor! -- and the head can finally fire the camera. it's not entirely consistent (meaning, sometimes it doesn't work), but at least it works most times.

cheers,
pns

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

pns wrote:further (final?) update:

i've received a new canon cable -- thanx, kolor! -- and the head can finally fire the camera. it's not entirely consistent (meaning, sometimes it doesn't work), but at least it works most times.

cheers,
pns

Try increasing the Pulse width high value - I set mine at 500ms.

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.