no avatar
Apapane

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

More TC controller help, please.

by Apapane » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:48 am

Klaus, Georg, Andrew,...

What must I do to keep all my camera lens data from disappearing from the TC controller? I enter the lens data, press "write lens data", and get the message that the info was successfully saved on the flash drive.
After I shoot a session, I download the .xml file, and close the Panorama program. When I go to shoot another pano, there is no lens data on the controller. What am I doing wrong?

Perplexed,
Richard

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 am

Apapane wrote:Klaus, Georg, Andrew,...

What must I do to keep all my camera lens data from disappearing from the TC controller? I enter the lens data, press "write lens data", and get the message that the info was successfully saved on the flash drive.
After I shoot a session, I download the .xml file, and close the Panorama program. When I go to shoot another pano, there is no lens data on the controller. What am I doing wrong?

Perplexed,
Richard

Hey Dick!

Writing lens data lets the data remain on the controller.
After downloading the xml only the xmls are gone (you have them already on your computer then).

Lens data are not touched by that.

Guess you might be mixing up some thing here!? In no way the lens data should be gone - i never had that happen, and i never heard somebody did. But in the beginning i made some mistakes using the procedere.

I suggest reading carefully the description - sure you did already - it might be misunderstandable. I talked to Josef to re-design it a bit to get more transparent and make a better description (he thinks as an engineer rather than a user).

He said btw. that you better should use the actual firmware 2.5 - with this you can go back ONE shot after breaking the process. In the last version you could stop and go again but you can´t go backwards before proceeding.

best to you, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Apapane

Topic author
Info

by Apapane » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:43 am

Klaus,

I can't find a link to upgrade to firmware version 2.5. - help please
My T&C Panorama Controller program is 1.0.0.2
That may be the cause of my problems!

Thanks in advance,
Richard (or Rick)

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 am

Good question...
Klaus, I run the 2.4.0.0 version. - a version with an extra feature: if shutter is not connected between T&C and Cam directly, but the shutter from the merlin to the cam than my version does log all images set in brackets but shutter is only triggered once at the cam (I use that to connect promote control device...)

does the 2.5.0.0 version also has this feature? (or was this feature a custom build fo me?)

for me it seems I cant upgrade firmware of the handcotroller (no external software found on homepage, and the T&C Panorama Control Software does not have an update button...)

would be great to be able to update the handcontroller with new new firmware...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:22 pm

I forwarded the link to this thread to Josef - he forgot his password to this forum . . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
josefgraessle

Info

by josefgraessle » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 am

Hallo Richard,
the stored lensdata must remain in the flash till you overwrite them with new one, or something on the controller hardware would be wrong. That you do not have to type them in everytime you want to change something on the data, you must save them on your PC, then you can load them whenever you want to make a change and edit them and program them into the flash of the T&C controller. Which T&C controller version do you have? You get this information on the controller display when you switch on the power. You should get in the left bottom corner T&C 1.4 or T&C 2.4. The 1.4 version can only be stopped during imaging, to make a brake if someone moves into the picture. The 2.4 version can be stopped and the last picture can be repeated. There is no possibility to upgrade from a 1.X version to a 2.X version. But if you do not have the .4 extension, you can upgrade. Send me an e-mail, then I can send you the necessary program. rgraessle@t-online.de
Georg's 2.4 version was only modifyed for him, as he wants to use the promote control and the promote control wants only one trigger for a bracketting, but in the xml file you need all brackettings. So the T&C controller triggers on the T&C connector for each bracketing, but on the head connector only one time.

no avatar
gloob

Info

by gloob » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Is there any possibility to have a look at the firmware data of the controller? Is it available?

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 pm

gloob wrote:Is there any possibility to have a look at the firmware data of the controller? Is it available?

cool question...;-)
(its commercial hard/software from http://www.typeandcolour.de/index.php?tp=Produkte&up=cont - not open source, so I've my doubts...)
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.