no avatar
Apapane

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Backwards movement of Panogear for grid panos

by Apapane » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am

Help, please,

How does one move the Panogear head backwards when taking a Grid panorama using the Hand Controller? I can't find any instruction in the Panogear Manual. I've tried all kinds of combinations of button pushing, but have found no recourse to this problem.

Thanks,
Richard

no avatar
Apapane

Topic author
Info

by Apapane » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:18 am

I'll take the lack of a reply as a NO, you can't move the Panogear mount in reverse with the TC Controller. Is it possible to do so when shooting a grid pano using papywizard?

Richard

Apapane wrote:Help, please,

How does one move the Panogear head backwards when taking a Grid panorama using the Hand Controller? I can't find any instruction in the Panogear Manual. I've tried all kinds of combinations of button pushing, but have found no recourse to this problem.

Thanks,
Richard

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:26 am

Apapane wrote:I'll take the lack of a reply as a NO, you can't move the Panogear mount in reverse with the TC Controller. Is it possible to do so when shooting a grid pano using papywizard?

Richard

If you mean 'Can you pause the shoot and reposition then resume shooting again' then yes you can do that with Papywizard.

You can pause the shot then relocate the head moving in either direction - in other words you could skip forwards as well as backwards - to any shooting position and then resume the shooting sequence; you can do this in either Mosaic (grid) or Preset shooting modes.

http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/UserGuideSvn#Shootingsequence

Papywizard will run in simulation mode with a merlin head so why not downlaod it and see how this Pause/Resume works? - choose the latest development version for you preferred platform:

http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/Download#Developementversions
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Apapane

Topic author
Info

by Apapane » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

Thanks Andrew. :)

I'll download the newest version, but I'll have to use my desktop, since I have no portable device.

Although one cannot perform that function remotely with a GigaPan model - yet - it was very easy to accomplish even with the pilot version (I've been at it since the beginning - one of the initial 7). I don't have an Epic-Pro yet, but I do have access to one. A colleague and I will evaluate the Promote Control, too, using his 5D2.

I'm also conducting experiments to evaluate a couple of hypotheses I have about setting the NPP and using values stored in the TC controller. I'll report on the results in another thread.

Aloha,
Richard

mediavets wrote:
Apapane wrote:I'll take the lack of a reply as a NO, you can't move the Panogear mount in reverse with the TC Controller. Is it possible to do so when shooting a grid pano using papywizard?

Richard

If you mean 'Can you pause the shoot and reposition then resume shooting again' then yes you can do that with Papywizard.

You can pause the shot then relocate the head moving in either direction - in other words you could skip forwards as well as backwards - to any shooting position and then resume the shooting sequence; you can do this in either Mosaic (grid) or Preset shooting modes.

http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/UserGuideSvn#Shootingsequence

Papywizard will run in simulation mode with a merlin head so why not downlaod it and see how this Pause/Resume works? - choose the latest development version for you preferred platform:

http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/Download#Developementversions

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:39 am

if I remeber well I did it with the Handcontroller... but now I'm in office & handcontroller is at home...
... will come back later today evening - in short: if I remember correct it should work with handcontroller too.

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey Dick!

I must confess to not understand what you mean! I´ll try to interprete: TC of course runs the Merlin in reverse - it shoots one row left to right and the next one right to left.
Or what do you mean?

If you mean just to MOVE without shooting: it´s also possible by using the direction-"buttons" before starting to shoot.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Apapane

Topic author
Info

by Apapane » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello Georg & Klaus,

What I ask is, can you move the Panogear Mount in reverse, say, halfway into a pano, in order to correct a previous shot? When I pause in the middle of a pano, independent of which direction the Panogear is moving, I want to back up several frames to correct for cloud cover, wind, people, etc.
I can go backwards in the menu, but can't fnid the correct entree'. I hope this "refocuses" my question. :)

Richard
Last edited by Apapane on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Apapane wrote:I want to back up several frames to correct for cloud cover, wind, people, etc.

I guess you can´t. But you can stop and proceed after a while when your problem is gone. In PapyWizard you can go back to which position you like and proceed from there as i remember, can you?

best, Klaus

fma38

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by fma38 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:47 pm

[Using Papywizard] Once paused, you can go forward or backward, to skip or reshoot pictures, using the too arrow-buttons, or by clicking on any little rectangle (this set the next position to shoot)...
Frédéric

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:07 pm

gkaefer wrote:if I remeber well I did it with the Handcontroller... but now I'm in office & handcontroller is at home...
... will come back later today evening - in short: if I remember correct it should work with handcontroller too.

Georg

sorry for late comeback...

did check the handcontroller. in all three modes you can pause and resume the current walkthrough. But if back arrow is pressed the current walkthrough is stopped and resuming is not possible. So going back to redo a image at earlier position is not possible.

Georg

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm

gkaefer wrote:So going back to redo a image at earlier position is not possible.

Using the latest 2.5 version you can stop, go back one shot and proceed then. Going back as far as with Papy isn´t possible.

best, Klaus