Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New Panogear: problems
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm 

Hi everybody,

I'm a new member and i work as a photographer in Italy.
I recently decided to buy the Panogear Head and received it yesterday.
I followed the user manual instructions, charged the ion batteries, inserted them in the battery connector, put the cover on on, connected the bluetooth transmitter (AUX), fastened and connected the camera and turned the power button on. But nothing happens. No lights, no transmitter blinking.
It's seems like there is no power at all. I tried with AA batteries with the same result.
The computer doesn' detect the head even connecting the bluetooth dongle. I'm using an Apple PowerBook Unibody 2009 with MacOs 10.6.4 and Papywizard for Mac 2.0.0., but i had the same result with a PC with windows XP.
Am I doing something wrong? How can i understand that the head is working and there is no hardware problem?
Can you help me please?
Thanks a lot,

Gian Marco Bianchi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:45 pm 

Hey Gian,

Few stuffs to check:
-> when you charge battery, you wait till charger led changes to green ?
-> be sure batteries are well in contact with each contact of white adapter.
-> battery adapter is well plugged on each connector on head ? sometimes on side it can be just in contact but not really attached to it
-> don't forget to put on the little red power button underneath head main body :D

Vincèn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 pm 

Hello Gian,

Welcome on board ... ;)

The first thing, I believe, is to remove the BT module and connect the hand-controler.
With the batteries in place, switch then the power ON and see if you get some of the button-leds of the hand controler lighting ...
Then try to command the head with the hand-controler.
Let-us know the results !

Gigapixel photography with Nikon D200 + Sigma 70-200 F 2.8 EX DG APO HSM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 pm 

Sorry for the delay.
Finally i spotted the problem. The on/off switch didn't work properly. That fixed, everything works fine in windows xp (powerbook and parallels desktop) with Papywizard 1.6 and bluetooth dongle.
In Mac Os 10.6.4 with Papywizard 2.0 i can connect to the Panogear, control it (with some delay), but when i launch a mosaic or preset sequence, the head stops after a couple of seconds.
Bluetooth bug?

Gian Marco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 pm 

agimbo wrote:
Sorry for the delay.
Finally i spotted the problem. The on/off switch didn't work properly. That fixed, everything works fine in windows xp (powerbook and parallels desktop) with Papywizard 1.6 and bluetooth dongle.

Why are you using Papywizard 1.6 with Windows XP?

You will find that Papywizard 2.1.20 offers more functonality - see Development versions:
http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/Download#Developementversions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 am 

I actually use MacOS, but having problems with bluetooth connection, i tried with Xp in Parallels Desktop. Now i use the external usb dongle in MacOs too and everything works fine with Papywizard 2.0 Mac.