Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 am 
Administrator

Hi Everybody,

During the 4th Autopano User Meeting, we showed some of the unannounced features that will be part of the new beta 1 launch.
Let's disclose them now.

1. NEW : UI. See the attached screenshot.

2. Improved color correction more simple.

3. 'Multiple viewpoint' support. Aerial shots, helicopter, drones, balloon, wall stitching, planar stitching, etc.

4. Manual editor point editor

5. Cortex rendering engine ( with awesome antighost improvements ). Again, see the attached screenshots.

6. NEW : HDR feature. Everything is integrated and simple to use ( I don't have any screenshots ... Will post some soon ).

7. Speed improvements. We are Intel partner and everything here is done with Intel expertise.

8. NEW : plugins on groups.
Neutralhazer -> a plugin to remove haze on any image with per pixel accuracy. See attached screenshots.
Openlens -> The new CS5 lens model system is integrated into autopano. So you can correct, lens distortion, CA, and vignetting before stitching with this plugin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:11 pm 

Thanks for the insight Alex - this is all very exiting stuff and can't wait for the beta. I like the new UI - very lightroom-esque!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:27 pm 

UK Pano wrote:
I like the new UI - very lightroom-esque!

Oh no - I HATE, HATE, HATE it.

I know this 'look' seems to be the height of fashion at the moment but it makes software almost unusable for those of us with ageing/failing eyesight. I have been quite unable to use Microsoft's Expression Web which adopted a rather similar colour scheme and which cannot be changed by the user.

Anyone with knowledge of design for max. useability would tell you that this is not good.

Please tell me that this dreadful colour scheme for APP/APG will be user-customisable to enable a light background and higher contrast foreground colour scheme.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 pm 

mediavets wrote:
Please tell me that this dreadful colour scheme will be user-customisable to enable a light background and higher contrast foreground colour scheme.

Don't worry, it's something you can customise easily, and you'll also be able to come back to "original" theme if you don't like the change :D

Vincèn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:35 pm 

vincen wrote:
mediavets wrote:
Please tell me that this dreadful colour scheme will be user-customisable to enable a light background and higher contrast foreground colour scheme.

Don't worry, it's something you can customise easily, and you'll also be able to come back to "original" theme if you don't like the change :D

Vincèn

Well that's a great relief. I feel better already! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 pm 

Moi, J'aime bcp la nouvelle interface car je préfère les interfaces sur fond noire... moins fatigantes pour les yeux !
Pour le filtre Haze, vu le résultat, c'est sympa... En gros, ca permet de rehausser automatiquement les fonds brumeux, c'est cela ?
Sinon, pour le HDR, y-a pas de photos de rendu, ou de l'interface... Dommage...
Allez, vite, sortez nous la prochaine beta/alpha/rc... vite vite vite.

Au fait, je pars en vacances début octobre, retour 10/10, donc si vous pouvez sortir votre nouvelle version pour cette date, ce serait cool, j'aurais comme d'hab des centaines de panos à  faire ;-) Un bon test pour savoir si votre version sera stable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:32 pm 

I'm really exited about the 'Multiple viewpoint' thingie, it should greatly reduce time spent in PS trying to fix problems with aerial stitches!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:16 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Openlens -> The new CS5 lens model system is integrated into autopano. So you can correct, lens distortion, CA, and vignetting before stitching with this plugin.

Not knowing this PS plugin, will it be possible to de-fish a single fisheye image?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:50 pm 

Hi Alex!

Will us MacUsers have such a cool background design too? :cool:
Really: looks good compared to the slightly old-fashioned appeal of current AutoPano . .

best to you and the team, Klaus (see you at the Photokina)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:29 pm 

klausesser wrote:
Will us MacUsers have such a cool background design too? :cool:

It should be as it looks to be done through stylesheet and standard web tools and languages ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 pm 

Whoo Hoo! I almost wet my pants in excitement while reading the list of new features. So many that I need. Thank you so much :D

Multiple viewpoint for aerial :D :D ( just in time, I will have some really good stuff to show soon )
Manual adjustments :D
Haze removal :D
HDR :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 pm 

Castillonis wrote:
Whoo Hoo! I almost wet my pants in excitement while reading the list of new features. So many that I need. Thank you so much :D

Multiple viewpoint for aerial :D :D ( just in time, I will have some really good stuff to show soon )
Manual adjustments :D
Haze removal :D
HDR :D

And Cortex-Rendering . . . . WOW, cute!! (Whatever it is . . seems to be some bike repair tool . . . :P:cool: )

GREAT NEWS - can´t wait for a working manual CP editor and plugins! The Alpha already is very promising!

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm 

Alexandre, UI looks absolutely cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:04 pm 
Administrator

Thanks Michael, I appreciate :)

I confirm that autopano will be skinable using a 'CSS' syntax. So it's really possible to change anything from color to font size, margin, weight, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 am 

Hello Alexandre,

I am purely speechless!!! Great improvements!

APG really is the BANG ! It´s the "all you need ro stitch perfect pano" application :D
Just can´t wait to get hands on a new beta and try it all . Great.

Best reagrds
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:00 pm 

Has the new Beta been released yet? Are you still testing and working on the Beta?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:01 am 

Castillonis wrote:
Has the new Beta been released yet? Are you still testing and working on the Beta?

Beta showcased during AutoPano Meeting last week-end will be probably released for public test during september (I hope myself for Photokina :D) but Kolor didn't confirm any official date of release of the beta, so be patient :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:40 am 

Vincen, Thank you for the clarification. I thought it might be possible that they had already released it due to the announcement on twitter. The list of enhancements is substantial and I will certianly be patient while the Kolor team works arduously to refine the code and test it. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:00 am 

UK Pano wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:

Not knowing this PS plugin, will it be possible to de-fish a single fisheye image?

Bumping for an answer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 pm 
Administrator

We support the fisheye model from CS5. It transforms any fisheye into a pure fisheye or in pure rectilinear. So yes, you can defish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:40 pm 

Thanks Alex for replying. Woo Hoo! My patching just got easier :) Roll on the beta!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:55 pm 

Bonjour à  tous,
Je n'ai pas fait attention le week-end dernier : parmi toutes les nouveautés et améliorations, le module d'importation Gigapan de la nouvelle version a t'il été modifié ?
Accepte t'il les panoramas pris en colonnes de droite à  gauche (et non de gauche à  droite comme c'est le cas standard) ?
Ca m'arrangerais : je reviens d'une prise de vue et j'ai un "petit" panorama de 1475 photos prises de cette manière à  assembler...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:54 pm 

PG wrote:
Je n'ai pas fait attention le week-end dernier : parmi toutes les nouveautés et améliorations, le module d'importation Gigapan de la nouvelle version a t'il été modifié ?
Accepte t'il les panoramas pris en colonnes de droite à  gauche (et non de gauche à  droite comme c'est le cas standard) ?
Ca m'arrangerais : je reviens d'une prise de vue et j'ai un "petit" panorama de 1475 photos prises de cette manière à  assembler...

Ben tu as trois réglages possibles dans le module d'importation Gigapan pour définir le sens du shoot :D c'est déja dans la version "normale" !

Vince

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:48 pm 

Effectivement, Vincent, 3... contre 4 dans Gigapan Stitch, et c'est justement ce quatrième mode que j'ai eu la mauvaise idée d'utiliser:(. Bon, ceci dis, ce n'est pas bien grave : j'ai écrit un petit programme pour renommer les fichiers afin de les remettre dans un autre ordre et le tour est joué.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 pm 

PG wrote:
Effectivement, Vincent, 3... contre 4 dans Gigapan Stitch, et c'est justement ce quatrième mode que j'ai eu la mauvaise idée d'utiliser:(. Bon, ceci dis, ce n'est pas bien grave : j'ai écrit un petit programme pour renommer les fichiers afin de les remettre dans un autre ordre et le tour est joué.

oui et pense à  modifier le réglage de ta tête pour qu'elle shoote dans un des 3 ordres pris en charge par APG :D