Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm 
Administrator

Hi,

I really want to wish everyone in Autopano community the really best.
For this year, I hope that every photograph will get that magic instant where all conditions are meet :
light, weather, nice feeling, good composition.

The team here is dedicated to make this year a giant step forward with the next release :
- We want a perfect standalone Autopano Tour ( this product gets really good feedback and we want to push it really forward )
- Autopano engine will get a brand new rendering engine ( with a new smartblend, yes )
Note : On development aspect, we are partnering with Intel to get a far better multi-threading support everywhere. We are also collaborating with nVidia on better GPU support everywhere too.
BTW : I won't give any detail nor any date, I learned about my mistake and I don't want to tell you anything that will be wrong in the future.

To be able to achieve these goal, we were recruiting more people ( we are 8 now ).
So every aspect of the product lifetime should benefit :
- new dedicated people for customer support,
- new developer for product improvement,
- new feature, etc

Paris 20 gigapixels project is going well and we hope to release it during February probably. Our main challenge is to build a really nice website.

I hope you enjoyed Panobook 2010 ? I've got some really good review of the book quality itself from professional, the pictures, of course, are just awesome.
For panobook 2011, we'll do another topic to get feedback and proposal for this year.

The world is panoramic ! Isn't it a sphere, right ?

Alexandre Jenny
Kolor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Hi,
I really want to wish everyone in Autopano community the really best.

Same to you and all at Kolor!

best to you, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 pm 

Same to you Alex and all your great team and great job you all do :) All the best for 2010 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
To be able to achieve these goal, we were recruiting more people ( we are 8 now ).
So every aspect of the product lifetime should benefit :
- new dedicated people for customer support,
- new developer for product improvement,
- new feature, etc

Alexandre Jenny
Kolor

May we 'meet' the expanded team?

Will any of them to focus on documentation and tutorials?

Best wishes to all the team,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 pm 

Sound nice !!!!

Best wishes to the APP team,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:21 pm 
Administrator

mediavets wrote:
May we 'meet' the expanded team?

Yes, we will present everyone in the new website that is planned for the launch of APT standalone.

mediavets wrote:
Will any of them to focus on documentation and tutorials?

Yes. One of the new guy is half time dedicated to tutorial creation expecially video tutorial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:46 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
One of the new guy is half time dedicated to tutorial creation expecially video tutorial.

Video-Tutorials are nice - somehow . . . But a written one is imho better! The best would be both of course.
It can be printed and read everywhere at anytime.
And you don´t have to struggle with sometimes
hardly understandable frenglish speach . . . :P;)

To dig deep into profound teaching such a complex application is very, very hard i bet!
Guess it can grow to some hundreds of pages in a handbook - like it comes with most of heavy challenging apps
as video-/audio-editing, 3D-animation apps like Maya, Cinema4D and so on.
I have some handbooks for Avid Media Composer, Combustion, Final Cut and some others . . . they seem to be one of the reasons
for their app´s sometimes enormous prices . .

So that´s really a complex theme . . .

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 pm 

Day 5...

Happy New Year to all at Kolor and the forum, looking forward to all the above and a few surprises.
May the sun shine and the moon rise for all in 2010.

Best
Gordon

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:43 pm 

And same to you Alexandre and the rest of the team!
And to all, may dust never settle on your sensors! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:28 am 

klausesser wrote:
[...] But a written one is imho better! The best would be both of course. It can be printed and read everywhere at anytime.

To dig deep into profound teaching such a complex application is very, very hard i bet! Guess it can grow to some hundreds of pages in a handbook - like it comes with most of heavy challenging apps as video-/audio-editing, 3D-animation apps like Maya, Cinema4D and so on.

This would be so huge a book that when finished it would be completely outdated :o In the early days of Autopano, as none or quite none was available, I wrote a complete documentation with the intent to improve it and update it latter: improvement of an existing documentation is not uninteresting but taking care of updates is extremely boring and for printed books it's very expensive (e-books will improve that.) Though they would have only a very small number of readers a series of application independent smaller books (one about parallax and NPP, one about perspective and projections, etc, etc) is perhaps the way to follow and, IMHO, after that application manuals would be somewhat easier to write.

klausesser wrote:

So complex that video tutorials, where many points are shown though they are not explicitly and unambiguously detailed, are probably the most efficient solution.

klausesser wrote:
[...] frenglish speach . . . :P;)

:lol: We should club together to offer Alexandre an application like Babylon (http://www.babylon.com) which can verify and translate any English or French word (and BTW can deal with many more languages) !

Actually, I use Babylon only to learn new English words because my free Opera browser highlight in red any inexistent word in my posts ...like klausesser, frenglish and speach. :P

Last edited by GURL on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 pm 

Ahahaha that made my day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:39 pm 

GURL wrote:
So complex that video tutorials, where many points are shown though they are not explicitly and unambiguously detailed, are probably the most efficient solution.

I agree. I found the Pano2VR video tutorials very effective.

Quote:
klausesser wrote:
[...] frenglish speach . . . :P;)

:lol: We should club together to offer Alexandre an application like Babylon (http://www.babylon.com) which can verify and translate any English or French word (and BTW can deal with many more languages) !

Actually, I use Babylon only to learn new English words because my free Opera browser highlight in red any inexistent word in my posts ...like klausesser, frenglish and speach. :P

I have had no problems with the English narration on APP/APG/APT video tutorials. I find the 'frenglish' accent quite charming.

As a British native English speaker I am so used to hearing English spoken in a wide variety of regional and ethnic-minority accents and dialects that it's not an issue for me. Perhaps it is more difficult for those for whom English is a second or third langauge?

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm 

mediavets wrote:
As a British native English speaker I am so used to hearing English spoken in a wide variety of regional and ethnic-minority accents and dialects that it's not an issue for me.

Are you saying you can understand Benny Hill? :)