This is a fix release for the latest release
>>> Download links here : http://www.autopano.net/en/buy-autopano/download.html
AUTOPANO PRO / AUTOPANO GIGA
* Fixed : deadlock in extended save as : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6103-apg-2.0.0-vista64-extended-save-as
* Fixed : circular fisheye not displayed : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6034-apg-v2-winxp32-gpu-settings-circular-crop-no-image-shown
* Fixed : crash gigapan : http://www.autopano.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=44267#p44267
* Explained and fixed : RMS : http://www.autopano.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=44263#p44263
* Fixed : claus import improved
* Fixed : crash during detection : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6202-apg2-win-xp-pro-crashes-during-detection-sift
* Fixed : gigapan : crash during detection : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6193-apg2-win-xp-pro-crashes-during-detection
* Fixed : Bug in filter import in German under mac
* Fixed : windows 7 support : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6178-compatibility-with-windows-7, http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6138-apg-2.0.0-win7x64-rc-working-report, http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6107-windows-7-x64-beta-crash
* Checked : papywizard : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6192-apg-v2-winxp32-gpu-papywizard-import-and-cp-detection
* Fixed : serialization issue : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6131-apg-2.0.0-xp-options-not-sticking
* Fixed : Move mode value change : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6134-apg2-winvista64-quad-core-8gbytes-ram-move-images-mode-bug-s
* Fixed : ctrl+s => save as instead of save : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6228-apg2-win-xp-pro-ctrl-s-bug
* Fixed : crash mac: http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6177-app-2.0-mac-32-bit-crash-during-optimisation-process
* Fixed : UI, aspect ratio not sticky http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6182-apg-v2-xp-sp3-nogpu-default-render-screen-ratio-change-un-sticky
* Fixed : raw under mac : http://www.autopano.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=44155#p44155, http://www.autopano.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=44162#p44162, http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6118-gestion-nef-du-d90-inexploitable
* Fixed : AP Pro - settings - render - Algorithms - blending - the '...' does not open a menu as it has in the past.
* Fixed : Also, same screen - jpeg quality pull down should not hide '12 maximum'. It is not noticable unless one scrolls down. The scrolling is for one single extra item and the pull down box should simply show 12 maximum without needing a scroll bar
* Fixed : Mac 64 bits : the registration was not kept
* Fixed : crash when rendering loaded panorama in batch renderer
* Fixed : Spanish language was missing
* Can't reproduce : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6077-app-2.0.0-mac-10.4.11-crash-while-finding-source-pictures
* Can't reproduce : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6055-apg-v2-winxp32-gpu-crop-not-working-correctly
* Can't reproduce : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6038-apg-2.0.0-linux64-no-hdr-color-correction-mode
* Fixed : resolution limitation of partial panorma (3072x1536) : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6102-apt-1.000-more-information-please
* Fixed : hotspot confusion when exported flash files began by a number : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6114-export-tour-to-a-file-with-a-name-starting-with-number-kicks-hotspots
* Fixed : height and width of preview picture was inverted
* Fixed : string fields of properties widgets were not saved if tool buttons were used just after changes
* Fixed : wrong "first panorama" on loading project when a project is already loaded
* Fixed : mac : use of accent string under Mac
* Fixed : Linux : wrong html template folder : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6161-apt-debian-64-bit-unable-to-use-html-template
* New : tool buttons of spot editor can be uncheck : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6136-apt-v1-winxp32-gpu-behaviour-of-buttons-in-hotspot-editor
* New : colour changes on multiple selection use separated alpha information : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6026-apt-v1-winxp32-gpu-multi-select-hotspots-colour-properties
* New : a default graphical object is exported with punctual hotspots : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6009-apt-rc2-winxp32-gpu-apt-point-hotspot-properties-display-object
Really have a look at this post. It's really interesting.http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6253-about-rms-value-on-fishey-in-v2.0.0
We did huge testing of smartblend here on all plateform ( from 1 to 3 gigapixels ) under laptops and desktop 32 and 64 bits.
Many time it worked directly without any issue. But sometimes it could crash.
The cause is identified under windows. We use file mapping for manipulating big panorama and it appears that this technic
is really system hungry. That's a know issue since smartblend was integrated into autopano. Now, with support of motorized
head, it becomes really an issue because creating big panorama is far simplier with these hardware.
So for the moment, we don't have a real solution but it only happen when doing really large panorama on small configuration
( 32 bits OS with 2 Giga RAM and the system beeing used for something else for example ).
So we have advises on how to achieve gigapixels rendering with smartblend ( BTW : multiband should always work ).
- be sure you have a lot of free space on the temp folder.
- do you use a lot of cache size ( 128 MB ) is enough in most case. It won't accelerate much the rendering in fact.
- reduce the number of core to use ( each core can use from 100 to 400 MB depending on the panorama )
- If you have 4 GB RAM and a 32 bits OS, switch the OS to the 64 bits version. You can then use the 4 GB. That's expecially true
for windows ( XP / Vista / Seven ).
- if the system hangs a lot, that's normal, it doesn't say that the rendering has crashes. It's a common problem with file mapping,
because these functions have a high priority in the system. So if you analyse the load, you can see that quite all the time is spend
in the system and not in the application in fact.
Anything that doesn't correspond to such case should work in fact.
Typical case we tried here and timing :
* Laptop, vista 32 bits, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB free drive
** 1.5 gigapixels, jpeg, smartblend : 12-14 hours
** 1.5 gigapixels, PSB, 16bits, integrated layer, smartblend : 2 days
* desktop, linux 64 bits, Q6600, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB free drive
** 1.6 gigapixels, jpeg, smartblend : 3-5 hours
* Laptop, mac 64 bits, Macbook pro 4 GB RAM, 150 GB free drive
** 1.5 gigapixels, jpeg, smartblend : 6 hours
We did quite 20 renderings, only one crashed during smartblend on the first configuration. But the same configuration did the same
panorama the second time when we launched the rendering again ...
So after having tested a lot, we have a pretty strong idea of what to implement for smartblend 2. This is the big project for end of
the year after the HDR.What's next
We will now concentrate during 3 weeks on only 2 topics :
- documentation, new videos tutorial, new features dedicated explaination
BTW : you can see the new layout on the wiki. I also would like to introduce a full main category for papywizard. Every comment is welcomed to the documentation sub-forum here : http://www.autopano.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=21
- feature definition and scheduling for next APP/APG/APT release