Thanks for waiting. The site update was a bit more complicated than expected because of the massive change in url, blog integration, wiki integration, etc.
But it's now, it's open.
So let's talk about the new versions. Many of the readers of this post have already tested it, I'm sure, so this is not really new for you, nevertheless ...What's new in Autopano Pro between 1.4.2 and v2.0.0
- new detection engine that works multithreaded, it's really faster with multi-core
- the detection engine can handle layout in the panorama ( we know before the detection that the panorama has a structure, for example, it's a single row ).
- stack feature for better detection of bracketed shoot
- the optimization engine has been totally changed for major improvement especially in big panorama. It could takes days to optimizes and now only minutes for panorama
over 1000 images with a better quality
- GPU support to get a real-time editor for the panorama.
- improvement advisor to help you solve issue quicker
- direct support of motorized panorama head : gigapan and papywizard basedAutopano Giga 2.0.0. This is a new product.
It's an improved Autopano Pro bundled with Autopano Tour, a virtual tour creation software.
Autopano Giga vers Autopano Pro :
- support of template to get a production proof workflow
- workspace saving / loading
- the big feature difference is still missing, it's improved HDR support. It will come in a near future in a free upgrade for giga user. We really would have love to provide you already this feature but the work to do the GPU was underestimate and it used all our ressources. HDR is now our top priority goal.
Autopano Tour : it's a virtual tour creation software that works over KRPano technology.
- flash export to be able to see the tour everywhere
- several panoramas,
- simple hotspots creation
- embedded images,
- auto-rotation, etc
This software works in 2 modes. The standard mode which is available without a KRPano license allows you to create virtual tours limited in size quickly.
The actually limit is 1024 per cube face which is already good for many virtual visits. If you want a bigger size or use all KRPano feature, Autopano Tour can be unlocked by registering a KRPano unlimited license in the software.
When done, you have access to multiresolution export as well as directly XML edition for a perfect control of the generated code. It's the best of both world : simplicity of edition and power of XML for extra feature.
We have 2 good news about Autopano Tour :
- We agreed with Klaus Reinfeld the author of KRPano, we can now raise the limit to 1200 per cube face. It will be available in a next release. This value is over the height of most screen resolution, so we decided to go with that one.
- On the webshop, you will soon have access to a really good bundle Autopano Giga with a KRPano license directly. It will be 259 euros instead of 279. KRPano license is at 70 euros in this bundle instead of 90 euros.Update process
Simple, it works this way :
- Each customer will get an email with promotion codes : this code will allow either a free buy of autopano pro 2 if your purchase date allow it, or at a 39â‚¬ price.
- With this promotion code, buy autopano pro 2 from the webshop to get the registration code. And yes, this order can have a 0 total ! That's normal.
- At the end, you'll get an email with registration codes.
For the full workflow, see the details, here : http://www.autopano.net/en/buy-autopano/updates.html
Good news 3 : normally, our policy says free update during one year. We were more generous and all customers after 1 april 2008 have access to the free update. That's one month more than our policy ( congrats to the luck April 2008 buyers ). What's next ?
First, there are still some little bugs we still need to close in this release ( devnotes
So we will concentrate during May in cleaning everything to be sure we can get a really good usable v2.0.1 for end of May.
We also want to take some time to optimize the edition because when you are editing big panoramas, we are pretty confident that the edition can be even more responsive.
The last work to do is to update the documentation for this next release. We'll release also some new videos tutorial on the new feature during this time.
During the same time, we'll start the integration of our HDR system in Autopano Giga. As said before, it's the top priority now.Website update
Please note these changes on the main website :
- autopano.fr doesn't exist anymore, it redirects now to www.autopano.net/fr
- same story for the wiki : the new url are www.autopano.net/wiki-fr/
. BTW : we'll change the main documentation page layout soon to make it more clear and integrate new tutorials.
- blog url : french : www.autopano.net/blog-fr
, english www.autopano.net/blog-en