I owe you some news, really. So what's up here ?
We have a lot of project currently :
- Panobook : we do this week the last review of the book. Cover, back, every images, syntax, etc. End of this week, it goes to the printer.
- Paris 20 gigapixels : we are waiting for the first week-end with good weather condition to shoot. Finger crossed
And the dev of Autopano Giga :
- Last week, we passed an internal integration stage with the new editor. That's huge. No more waiting when you edit a panorama. Isn't that cool.
Moreover, you can zoom at full resolution ! Awesome. I cannot wait to show you that
- Support for panorama head. A lot of work has been done too in this area. Now, gigapan can be stitched quite flawlessly, I just need to correct a little the code that handles unlinked picture for the support to be complete. We got really good result on that.
- We did also a lot of work in the optimizer, this may not be really seen in the final product, except in one feature that is now working again : local optimizing. When you need to patch giga panorama, that's really helpful because you don't need to reoptimize everything from scratch.
- Did I told you about flash export ? We will present you our tour tool soon. This tool is able to edit flash tour directly with autopano. This is one the feature of the Giga only version. A nice tool, easy to understand to make real virtual tour with hotspots, etc.
We are a bit late in the development, I'm aware of that, but we have made a lot of arrangement to be able to meet our release date.
Next alpha version with a lot of new feature is planned for 14 november. This will show you the new real time editor and tour edition. There will be one big feature missing for version 2, the plugin system to be able to integrate our new HDR technology. This is for alpha 3. Everything beyond alpha 3 will be bug fix only on new feature and doing user request on small features ( like UI small improvement, etc ).
I'll try to make you a video soon of the new real time editor. It worth the wait.
Edit : Here's the video ( a quickly produced AVI, sorry for cross-platform rules ... ) : http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/temp/alpha2.avi
What it shows : the speed of editor updates, the zooming factor. Both will allow a bunch of new features like for example adjustable projection modes, etc.