Autopano Pro 2.0 & Autopano Giga 2.0 comparison table + upgrade policy  

Official news, releases information, status updates.
Annonces officielles, nouvelles versions, avancement.
Rami
Kolor Team

Autopano Pro 2.0 & Autopano Giga 2.0 comparison table + upgrade policy

by Rami » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Dear all,

Here are the main features of Autopano Pro 2.0 and Autopano Giga 2.0, both planned to be released in (December 2008) (March 2009) April 2009.
The update and upgrade policy is detailed after this table.

Comparison chart

Prices / Update and upgrade policy

Autopano Pro will remain at 99 euros.
Autopano Giga will be priced 199 euros.

Special rates are proposed to current Autopano Pro users wishing to update to Autopano Pro 2.0 or to upgrade to Autopano Giga.

Autopano Pro 1.x.x to Autopano Pro 2.0

Any user of Autopano Pro who purchased a license at most one year before the release of Autopano Pro 2.0 will get the new version of Autopano Pro free of charge, as stipulated in our Update Policy.

Users who bought a license more than one year before the release of Autopano Pro 2.0 do not have to pay the full price of the new version: they can update to Autopano Pro 2.0 for 39 euros instead of 99 euros.

Autopano Pro 2.0 to Autopano Giga

Users of Autopano Pro 2.0 wishing to upgrade to Autopano Giga will not have to pay the full price of Autopano Giga: they will be able to upgrade to Autopano Giga for 100 euros (instead of 199 euros – standard price of Autopano Giga). To celebrate the release of Autopano Giga, Kolor propose a special price of 79 euros for all Autopano Pro 2.0 users, during the two months following Autopano Giga release.

Users who bought Autopano Pro 2.0 after the release of Autopano Giga will be able to upgrade to Autopano Giga for 100 euros (instead of 199 euros - standard price of Autopano Giga).
Rami

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:51 pm

I know it is early days but when do you expect to be in a position to describe more precisely how the two versions of V2 differ?
For example, what does 'extended Flash output' mean, in detail; and what does 'Virtual tour customization options and edition (should that be 'addition' or 'editing'?) of hotspots' mean?
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

marco-pano

by marco-pano » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Thanks Rami for this quite detailed list of differences between APP 2.0, Pro and Giga, also for Kolor upgrade policy that should make current APP users grateful :).

On each item, I guess it's too early to have very detailed information. By example, Flash export is certainly linked to KRPano viewer. As Kolor and Klaus have a recent agreement to work together, it's not possible to determine today how will be KRPano in December, I'am confident that this collaboration will give benefit to APP users and KRPano users.

Rami, as you are also involved in panobook project, I'll will read your post on this project too ;)
Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time

no avatar
OfF3nSiV3

by OfF3nSiV3 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 pm

hmm that ortographic function seems very interesting

no avatar
nebevolly

by nebevolly » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 am

great upgrade!expect it

no avatar
Bisonwerks

by Bisonwerks » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:02 pm

I have tried exporting .pano files to Flash, but have been unable to view them in Flash. Does one need to purchase the KRPano to do this?

Is there a tutorial handy on the site about converting the jpegs from AutoPano Giga into Flash movies?

taf

by taf » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi Bisonwerks

Open your file with IE or firefox

Beware, don't post anywhere, you have some forum where people will help you (http://www.autopano.net/forum/f2-using-autopano or http://www.autopano.net/forum/f10-bug-reports or http://www.autopano.net/forum/f19-app-2-bug-discussion for special post about APP Giga 2)
Look. There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up !

no avatar
JLukeW

by JLukeW » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:47 pm

The difference between the two versions looks about right except for one thing that I find rather frustrating -- the ability to save groups ("Workspace saving") is such a basic and important feature that to change an extra $100 for it seems ludacris.

no avatar
Michael Ezra

by Michael Ezra » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 am

What is extended HDR support?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am

The current HDR mode will be kept in autopano pro 2. Extended HDR support will concern a new plugin for fusion blending and a true Merge to HDR plugins to produce HDR files from bracketed series.

no avatar
Michael Ezra

by Michael Ezra » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks, Alexandre. any ideas what tonemapping options will be available?

no avatar
Nick Fan

by Nick Fan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm

about the function of "creation of templates for automated detention and stitching", will the stitching speed be affected by the precision of the motorized pano heads? You know the Merlin head is cheap while the more precise head is much more expensive. I wonder if the higher precision will be of any advantage.

thanks

Nick

marco-pano

by marco-pano » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:21 pm

Hello Nick,
I guess many APP users have some of your nice pano head.

And they all want to welcome you on APP forum :)
Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time

no avatar
beeloba

by beeloba » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Welcome Nick Fan 'the Hong Kong' manufacturer … and by the way Bill Bailey…
I'm Very proud to have helped fanotec in translating NN3's users guide and very happy for the incredible and non stop evolution of your pano equipment range sets.
I'll add that the contact with Bill was very nice…

Welcome to the the APP community…
You helped us a lot for the last two years…

Know, this is true that this Merlin/Orion and Gigapan panoheads are mobilizing a lot of people here…
Lots of work as been done by APP members, hundreds of brain storming pages can be found here… including Fma38 papywizard and the work of so many members, old or new !!

You did such a good job, that you deserve informations about all those new techs coming on and interesting so many people…
Last edited by beeloba on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Nick Fan

by Nick Fan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 am

Thanks Marco and beeloba for the warm welcome. But I surely have no intention to hijack this thread.
any one has a comparison of performance between the Merlin and other more precise motorized head? Is the stitching speed affected in regard to "creation of templates for automated detention and stitching"?

Nick

fma38

by fma38 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:45 am

It's hard to say, as the import template will only be available in the next alpha release... Merlin/Orion mecanical accuracy is about 0.1-0.3°. I think the final results will mainly depend on the lens focal. But I'm sure it will be a great help for the stitching process (control points can be checked in very precise areas).
Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:54 am

I will try to answer the question in another thread. I don't think it belongs to this one.

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t4910-panohead-comparison-of-performance-with-template-detection

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:39 am

Nick Fan wrote:about the function of "creation of templates for automated detention and stitching", will the stitching speed be affected [..]

Hello Nick! I keep using the NN3 you sent me :cool: it matches very well my light DSLR and my light tripod, thank you again!

Templates can be used to optimize control points searching and control points matching:
- faster: the stitcher program don't have to try matching CP from distant source images
- less errors: the stitcher program can avoid to find "stupid" matches between distant source images (this often occurs on a building where many identical parts can be found.)
Georges

no avatar
rodlaird

by rodlaird » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 am

It's now a year since the OP...
...any hints on release dates for us very "hungry" users downunder? Tweaking takes forever right now - your GPU-powered demo video has made me put all the "difficult" material aside until 2.0 "materialises". So the sooner the better for this Xmas miracle!

cheers
Rod in Oz

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:05 pm

rodlaird wrote:It's now a year since the OP...
...any hints on release dates for us very "hungry" users downunder? Tweaking takes forever right now - your GPU-powered demo video has made me put all the "difficult" material aside until 2.0 "materialises". So the sooner the better for this Xmas miracle!

cheers

...yes I am eagerly awaiting APG 2 and holding back work to see what it will do and if I need any additional HDR and/or Tour maker packages or not. I think there is great market potential to have all this in one package, although I am wondering where Lightroom and/or Photoshop will fit as this has to be be an important part of the workflow before generating flash and/or qtvr tours? So APG guys do your best, but any hints about when we will see would be appreciated.
Last edited by BrianLR on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rami
Kolor Team

by Rami » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi everyone,

A new alpha version will be released in about two weeks. It will include many new features, like Autopano Tour, the VR creation tool of Autopano Giga, the support of motorized panoheads, etc. Alpha versions are avalaible on this page.
The final version is now planned to be released in February. We delayed it a few weeks to be able to carry through all the other projects (Panobook, Paris 20 Giga) and deliver successfully completed new versions of Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga.

-------

Bonjour à  tous,

Une nouvelle version alpha sera mise en ligne dans environ deux semaines. Elle apportera plusieurs nouvelles fonctionnalités, comme Autopano Tour, l'outil de création de visites virtuelles d'Autopano Giga, le support des têtes panoramiques motorisées, etc. Les versions alpha sont disponibles sur cette page.
La version finale est maintenant planifiée pour février. Nous l'avons retardée de quelques semaines pour pouvoir mener à  bien les projets du Panobook et de Paris 20 Gigapixels, et fournir des nouvelles versions abouties d'Autopano Pro et Autopano Giga.
Rami

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:31 pm

Eagerly awaiting like a kid for the Christmas gift.

no avatar
snaefell

by snaefell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 pm

rami wrote:A new alpha version will be released in about two weeks. It will include many new features, like Autopano Tour, the VR creation tool of Autopano Giga, the support of motorized panoheads, etc.

That's a cool christmas gift :D

geek

by geek » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:01 pm

Finally, a new version at the horizont. I just hope APP2.0 makes it before the 18th of Februray :P

no avatar
BrianLR

by BrianLR » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:00 pm

Rami, thanks for the heads up. That will save me from checking your website twice a day now!

I have been checking out the current state of Tour software and and there is a lot of legacy stuff out there. Even products like 'Live Stage Pro' seems to be three years old and there are a lot of broken links on their website, so who knows what's going on there. Autodesk have taken over Realviz and it looks like they have dropped their tour product, and many of the other progs out there are old and don't work on the lastest OSs, viewers or plugins. Even Zoomify has MAC issues now. So here's looking forward to APG and hoping it will give us flexibilty, access to use PS and Lightroom in the workflow and to output to a variety of formats and viewers. That will truely be a gift.
Last edited by BrianLR on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Announcements / Annonces