Panorama Book 2008 - Upload interface open  

Official news, releases information, status updates.
Annonces officielles, nouvelles versions, avancement.
Rami
Kolor Team

Panorama Book 2008 - Upload interface open

by Rami » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:55 pm

EN
---------------------------------
Dear all,

The webpage to upload your photos for the Panorama Book 2008 is now open: http://www.autopano.net/panobook

Panorama Book 2008 is an exciting project of collective work to create a book containing the most beautiful panoramas of Autopano Pro users. Find out more on the project webpage.

Please let us know about any problem you may encounter, by posting a message in this thread: http://www.autopano.net/forum/t4038-panorama-book-2008-bug-page

FR
---------------------------------
Bonjour à  tous,

La page web de téléchargement de vos images pour le Panorama Book 2008 est maintenant ouverte : http://www.autopano.fr/panobook

Panorama Book 2008 est un projet collectif très motivant puisqu'il a pour but de créer un livre contenant les plus belles photos panoramiques des utilisateurs d'Autopano Pro. En savoir plus : page du projet.

Merci de nous faire connaître tout problème éventuel que vous pourriez rencontrer, en postant un message dans ce sujet : http://www.autopano.net/forum/t4038-panorama-book-2008-bug-page

--
Rami
Rami

marco-pano

by marco-pano » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Merci Rami pour cette bonne nouvelle :D qui concrétise le rêve d'Alexandre ici
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t3137-contribute-to-the-panorama-photo-book-of-the-year'
projet soutenu par les utilisateurs enthousiastes d'APP. Je, nous en serons.
Plus de précisions sur les formats, la taille, le profil de couleur... sont les bienvenues.
---
Thanks Rami for these good news :D that realize Alexandre's dream here
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t3137-contribute-to-the-panorama-photo-book-of-the-year
project making APP's users enthusiastic. I, we'll be there.
More info on picture format, size, color profile... are welcome.
Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time

yffic

by yffic » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:09 pm

J'en serais aussi.
En complément des questions posées par marco-pano, j'ai quelques questions.

J'avais compris que chaque autopano user aurait au moins un des ses panos dans le livre, de ce fait combien de pano dois/peut'on poster ? Dans le cas de post multiples comment sera choisi l'heureux pano élu ?

Je suis enthousiaste à  l'idée d'avoir un tel ouvrage regroupant une belle panoplie de panoramique !!!

I would be also there. As a supplement to questions put down by marco-pano, I have some questions. I had understood that every autopano to employ would have at least one of its panos in the book, of this fact how much of pano can/must we post?
In the case of post numerous how will be chosen the happy elected pano?

I really enjoyed the idea of having such work regrouping a nice collection of panorama!!!

Yves

Rami
Kolor Team

by Rami » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am

Hello,

We recommand to upload 300 dpi JPG images, with RVB color profile. Other image types are also admitted, giving their size is big enough for printing. Each image is limited to a size of 50 Mo ; therefore, do not hesitate to upload the biggest size of your panoramas.

Each user can send as many panoramas as he/she wants ; we will select the images to be published in the book at the end of August.
Use the occasion of the summer to shoot beautiful panoramas :D

------------------------------------

Bonjour bonjour,

Nous conseillons d'envoyer des images au format JPG en RVB et de résolution 300 DPI. Les autres types d'images sont admis également, tant que leur taille est assez importante en vue d'une impression. La limite de taille des images est assez haute (50 Mo par image), n'hésitez donc pas à  envoyer la plus grande taille possible de vos panoramas.

Chaque utilisateur peut envoyer autant de panoramas qu'il le souhaite, la sélection sera faite par nos soins à  partir de fin août.
Vous pouvez donc profiter de l'été pour faire de jolis panoramas :D
Rami

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:06 pm

"300dpi" is ambiguous, how many pixels width and height should they be max?
Mo = Mega octet = MB, right?

It's good that we can submit a couple, deciding which one is always a difficult job and I'm happy someone else will do it for me! :D

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:54 pm

DrSlony wrote:"300dpi" is ambiguous, how many pixels width and height should they be max?
Mo = Mega octet = MB, right?

It's good that we can submit a couple, deciding which one is always a difficult job and I'm happy someone else will do it for me! :D

300dpi is standard offset-print resolution. I guess A4@300dpi should be a good size - dont´t know the book´s overall size . . !?
A centerfold should be in A3@300dpi at least.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:09 pm

300dpi, without being told the designated physical space intended for 1 panorama, means nothing :]

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:36 pm

The book is 30cm width and 20cm height. Some pages can be unfolded, so the biggest panorama inside this book could be potentially 90 cm x 20 cm.
300dpi with that dimension is around 10000 pixels in width x 2400 pixels in height.
Now, the more the better, don't hesitate to provide more :)

BTW : for page commodity of page layout, we may crop some panoramas. So if we have more quality, it's better. About cropping, of course, we'll respect the composition and spirit of the picture, it's just to be able to fit the panorama is some aspect ratio, or because it has 5% top much in width or height, sometime like that. I hope you can understand this fact of page layout to fit in everything in a well balanced way.

I would recommend you to use jpg and tiff format only. If you have a profiled screen and want an accurate colorimetry, please flatten the profile in the image to a standard profile like adobe RGB 1998 ( prophoto should be avoided probably because it's too extended ).

About the number of panorama you can provide : Don't hesitate to provide many. The number of panorama of everyone we will put in the book will depend on the success of this project. If 20 users participate, you'll get a lot of pages each. If 200 users participate, it will be around 1 page / user, etc. So yes, for the moment, no limit in the number of panorama you can provide. In fact, the panobook interface allows you to upload / delete panorama as long as it is opens. So you can put 10, 15 there for the moment. One or 2 weeks before the dead line ( end august ), we'll have a good estimation of the number of panoramas uploaded and perhaps we will ask you to make a final choice of 3 panoramas for example, or more, or less depending on the success.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:33 pm

DrSlony wrote:300dpi, without being told the designated physical space intended for 1 panorama, means nothing :]

That´s why i mentioned A4 and A3 :cool:. No matter which size: it always has to be a given size @300dpi.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

John_Sauter

by John_Sauter » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:42 pm

300 pixels per inch is 11.811 pixels per millimeter, so an A4 picture would be 2480 by 3508 pixels, and an A3 picture would be 3508 by 4960 pixels.

John_Sauter

by John_Sauter » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:55 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:The book is 30cm width and 20cm height. Some pages can be unfolded, so the biggest panorama inside this book could be potentially 90 cm x 20 cm.
300dpi with that dimension is around 10000 pixels in width x 2400 pixels in height.
Now, the more the better, don't hesitate to provide more :)

I am finding the 50 MB limitation of the uploader restrictive. I cropped my panorama to A3 and compressed it in PNG format, using full compression, and managed to get it down to 48 MB. Reducing the resolution to 300 pixels per inch gets it down to 22 MB, but you did encourage higher resolution. My full-size panorama, at 14869 by 5352 pixels, takes 95 MB when similarly compressed. If you could raise the size limit to 100 MB, contributors would be more likely to reach your size limit of 10000 by 2400 pixels.

You recommended using JPEG or TIFF. Your uploader also accepts PNG, which I used because it is lossless and provides good compression. I hope this is acceptable.

phototrek

by phototrek » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:10 am

Yeah I run into the limitation as well. When I save a pano as JPG in maximum quality ("12"), I get more than 50MB. Would you prefer I save it with a smaller size, or lesser quality setting?

I also assume that we shall save the images without sharpening, which you will do as the last step once you have sized & cropped the image, to minimize artifacts.
Last edited by phototrek on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 27"
Canon Equipment

phototrek

by phototrek » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:29 pm

So I can't log in into the upload page. I have tried every combination of username and password that I can think of:
1) The same name & password that I use to log in here on the forum
2) The exact same email address & password as was sent to me when I bought APP 2.5 years ago
3) Various permutations of (1) and (2)

How do people log in? Is there a way to reset the password somehow? Clearly it's neither the same as on the forums nor as I was given in my order confirmation email 2+ years ago...

Thanks,
- Stan
iMac 27"
Canon Equipment

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:31 pm

You can get back the password by going to your account : http://buy.kolor.com/user
When we had switched to a new release of the website 2 years ago, we had to reset some password of really old account. It seems to be your case.

phototrek

by phototrek » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Excellent, I am logged in now, and read the contract. At numerous places it mentions the "duration of the contract", without actually specifying the duration. Did I miss something?
iMac 27"
Canon Equipment

Return to Announcements / Annonces