Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:58 pm 
Administrator

Hi,

Unfortunately, all versions are not ready yet ! I would like to release them today, but we'll have 2, 3 days of delay.
We're waiting to get some translations and we're also finishing the support for OpenEXR format ( input / output ).

A quick change logs :

- I checked a lot full HDR workflow : input in float format (HDR or OpenExr), output in HDR ( HDR or OpenEXR). It works perfectly without any loss. You can even use smartblend as long as you use HDR in input. Everything is working fine.
- Many new translations ! Amigos, das neue program is totally translated :) ( I wish I could put some Chinese sign here ... )
- LensID : this is huge, but it works only on unedited files straight from camera. The first case that is solved in the sigma 10-22 on a 5D. Now, it's a rectilinear automatically. I've put quick report tool to allow accumulation of data quickly. It does it like the camera support system, but I don't think it's the good way to do it, because you need an email and send it. I would like to use a standard HTTP POST, but I'm afraid of people that will think I'm sending personal stuff, because such technics are more hidden. Anyway. The report tool will evolve to a single HTTP post ( a single call like this one : http://www.autopano.net/populatelensid?lensid= ... ).
You can see the lens ID in the internal picture viewer : either it tells you directly what lens you have ( full description name ), either it gives you a list of possible lens ( we cannot determine the lens in a more accurate way ), or it doesn't show anything : no lens ID was found yet. BTW : brand supported : nikon and canon only. I need time to add support to other camera maker.
- Did I say I added many cameras ? No ! So I did. The camera database is now 1073. We are even starting to populate cell phones.
- 64bits versions. There are just great. We will provide both windows and linux versions ( not Mac, Sorry ). Some people have already tested the available win64 version and results are great. You can have a look at Bernhard Vogl work, it's amazing : http://hdview.at/speedtest/results.html => 64bits version is 50% faster than 32bits version.
- Many fixes : F1 key doesn't work, adding pictures with layers editors, CP editors, etc. Full list here : http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/Latest_Beta

Nice, isn't it ? ( I know you will tell no because it will only be available Tuesday or Wednesday ... :) )

Alexandre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:13 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Hi,

- 64bits versions. There are just great. We will provide both windows and linux versions ( not Mac, Sorry ).
Alexandre

I have understand that 1.4.1 will not be 64 bits compatible in Mac but do you plan to make later a 64 bits Mac version ?

Regards.

Yves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 pm 
Administrator

yffic wrote:
I have understand that 1.4.1 will not be 64 bits compatible in Mac but do you plan to make later a 64 bits Mac version ?

As soon as Qt is ready for 64bits Mac, we'll do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:52 pm 

yffic wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:
Hi,

- 64bits versions. There are just great. We will provide both windows and linux versions ( not Mac, Sorry ).
Alexandre

Regards.

Yves

THAT would be nice too . . . . :P:cool:

Until then we´re "the underdogs of stitch" . . (sounds great - i´ll unpack my guitar right now! Somebody to assist me founding a group of this name? :P)

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:55 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
- 64bits versions. There are just great. We will provide both windows and linux versions ( not Mac, Sorry ). Some people have already tested the available win64 version and results are great. You can have a look at Bernhard Vogl work, it's amazing : http://hdview.at/speedtest/results.html => 64bits version is 50% faster than 32bits version.

Wow, very impressive!

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:43 pm 

Thanks!

You tested some workflows in the new 64bit version, did anything change from my hdr workflow test?
For example is opening and rendering hdr files (like radiance, but now we can use the better openexr, yay!) quicker than opening tiff16? I know that generally all times will be a bit different, but the (i cant find a good word) 'ratio' will stay the same I think, so using tiff8 will still be faster than using tiff16, and using tiff16 will still be faster than using openexr... right?

Now I just NEED a batch tufuse gui or script that will parse a directory full of images into groups and save as tiff16. Unfortunately EnfuseGUI only saves as tiff8 :( and fma38's and my scripts only do the currently selected files, no grouping or batch :(

Anyway, yay! :D

Last edited by DrSlony on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 am 

Its Wednesday! Its Wednesday! Its Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:04 am 

DrSlony wrote:
Its Wednesday! Its Wednesday! Its Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday! :D

:rolleyes: I can wait!

Why?
- Inserserting a bug needs a few seconds
- removing a bug can take hours or days or ... as you certainly know some of them never die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:20 pm 

But someone needs to find those bugs, and that may very well be me! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 pm 

Is there will be a 32-bit version of Autopano Pro 1.4.1 ?I'm very interested in the new HDR workflow. But I can't install a 64-bit version on my 32-bit PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:04 pm 

Dear AlexandreJ,I have another question,will 1.41 include "Tone maping" feature ?
The new HDR workflow is good :input in float format (HDR or OpenExr), output in HDR ( HDR or OpenEXR),but if there is no "Tone maping" feature inside autopano pro,there will be some problem when you want to make 360*180 tone mapped shows.
I know that you can use another program such as Photomatix to do the "Tone maping",but it's not good when you do 360*180 images,the professinal HDR programs does not consider the edge of the image,when you tone maped a 360*180 images,then view it in a viewer such as devalvr,you will see the seam in the edges are very obvious.
Because the other HDR softwares do not blend the seam for a 360*180 images.Because they are not professinal for Stitch and blend.
So,really need "Tone maping" inside autopano pro,then the new HDR workflow will become useful in the normal work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:42 pm 

lc8b105 Photomatix does offer the option to blend across the 180 degree barrier, it just needs twice as much RAM then. Not that tonemapping in APP wouldnt be nice, just correcting an error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:04 pm 

But Photomatix doesn't handle a really big image, like APP can produce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:39 pm 

So,it's really need app to have tonemapping this feature,then we could make perfect 360*180 HDR tonemapped images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:13 pm 

True, I whined about this in my "HDR workflow test" post. For now you can tonemap your bracketed shots in a HDR program and save the tonemapped files (or tufuse them and save the tufused files) as 16bit tiffs, then stitch them. Results look great!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]