Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Autopano Team news
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:54 am 
Administrator

Hi,

We were a little quiet recently, that's true, because we are working hard on autopano server for the moment. This is a huge project and it currently needs our attention. Nevertheless, I still want to soon release a fix version for the 1.4 branch with for example RAW support of the new camera ( canon 40D, Mark3, Nikon D300, D3, etc ). We will add some new translations to this release.
About 64bits versions. We did a great job on it and it is working on windows and linux. But we have issue to get something ready for Mac. This is fairly new on the leopard system and needs to be debugged by the middleware guys before we can do something in this area. That's why, we will not wait until this has been done and release the windows and Linux before Mac version.
Another topic is the lensID. This seems something really not major, but in fact, it is. It will be the ground of a new project from us. So I spend a lot of time decoding, cleaning, to get something great and useable. I will make a post on that soon in future session. What will this feature change ? No more false fisheye lens detection ! That's a good point, but it's only the start of something bigger. Stay tunned !

Last part : the panoramic book. We're studying offer for the printing and publishing of the book. We will be able to make something really great. We are cleaning legal issues for this project and that's not the easiest part of the project. Anyway. All the team here is really proud to be part of the creation of that book. I often dreamed of such a beautiful book to promote the panoramic familly of photography. And now, we are doing it !

Best
Alexandre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 am 

Sounds good!

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:08 pm 

Hallo,
I find "Luigi" that translate in italian language all pano intruction ; can you help me?
Or another italian translator, the same for me.
Thanks
Wally

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Hi,Last part : the panoramic book...
All the team here is really proud to be part of the creation of that book. I often dreamed of such a beautiful book to promote the panoramic familly of photography. Best
Alexandre

Building software available for different OS in 32bit/64bit is certainly a challenge. And some OS, like Vista or Leopard are quite new and not really stable or fixed. I suggest not to put all power to adapt to the current version, next OS version may need to process again testing and adapting.
I really feel enthusiast with the panoramic book and hope this project will stay the Kolor top project in 2008. :D