Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 am 
Administrator

Main changes

This is release candidate version of Autopano Engine v3 and hopefully the only one. So one version before final release.

Memory optimization

Since beta 3, we are using the newly created crash report to fix and improve memory use for the application. We found some memory leak and some issues that will improve globally the engine.

Using during beta stage

We believe in our community and in our customers that have been supporting us for a long year on this version. The quality of a software application doesn't come only from the quality of the developer ( come on, still a bit ;) ), but from the quality of the communication between you and us. So for the v3, we decided to do the following:

You can try all alpha, beta of Autopano Pro/Giga for free during the pre-release stage of the products. You can even remove the watermark as soon as you have a legitimate v2 key.
All betas are limited in time. This Release Candidate version will expire end of December.

With this approach, you can already start to use v3 in production work ( at your own risk, of course ;) ). I hope that you will enjoy the v3 and report a lot of feedback on our forum about it.

Roadmap to the release

We are now in RC stage, so this mean bug only correction. We are still aiming a final version for end November.

Download here : http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2012/11/16/autopano-pro-autopano-giga-3-0-rc-1/
If you need full changelog, it is on the blog or here : http://download.kolor.com/app/beta/history ( just a reminder )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 am 

emm.. "..one version before final release".. sounds great.. but to suggest at this stage of the release.. ".. at your own risk, of course".. is a bit scary.. Sure hope the final release in two weeks time doesn't come with the same... 'risk factor..' :rolleyes:

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 pm 

Destiny wrote:
but to suggest at this stage of the release.. ".. at your own risk, of course".. is a bit scary..

Well - that´s in the nature of pre-releases, ya know . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 pm 

I guess so.. and seeing it on the kolor blog suggests it's about there... But for me.. I will get all excited when I see the ptp V2 beta being made available.. I have my name down for the first copy..:D I will be happy to play with that at my own risk...

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am 

renan wrote:
We are still aiming a final version for end November.

Reste plus qu'aujourd'hui ou demain :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:50 am 

· We spent a lot of time on one complicated linux bug : it has been found and will improve PSB file support on that platform ( needed only for gigapixel ).
· Camera and lens database has been upgrade to support all latest cameras : Nikon D600, Canon 6D, etc.
· Windows : this version is the first version that is signed, so you won’t get anymore warning issue when installing under Windows 8. The work will be done on Mac too, but not finished.
· Integration of all our communication channels under ‘F1′, help shortcut. So please, hit F1, just once to see it.
· After optimization, the layout of the panorama could switch back to default one scrambling the adjustement you did to make it straight. It should now be better in this area.
· Support of image offsets were added in file format that supports it. This is cool but really only for image geek. What does that means ? If you export the panorama and reprojected images in rendering, the size of images which are part of the panorama is not the same as the panorama. In the individual images, you now have an exif tag that says the offsets X, Y of this image to the zero of the panorama. This is quite nice to post-process individual images after autopano.
· GPU support cleaning. We are quite happy now with the latest shader code as it supports several hardware and driver versions.
· Some other minor fixes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am 

Guilhem wrote:
renan wrote:
We are still aiming a final version for end November.

Reste plus qu'aujourd'hui ou demain :P

Comment cela il ne reste plus que demain ou aujourd'hui !
Ben non, il reste encore 12 mois!!! (Nov 2013)

A moins qu'il ne reste plus que 18 jours.... avant la fin du monde (le 21 décembre 2012. :lol: )

Last edited by kalain on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm 

I fully support Kolor if they have decided to postpone the release untill they are absolutely sure it is stable and for >99% bugfree. All tests that need to be done need to be done.

No point in rushing things because some people take a statement like "We are still aiming a final version for end November" and start using that in a, exuse moi, childish way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:56 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
I fully support Kolor if they have decided to postpone the release untill they are absolutely sure it is stable and for >99% bugfree. All tests that need to be done need to be done.

No point in rushing things because some people take a statement like "We are still aiming a final version for end November" and start using that in a, exuse moi, childish way.

Easy HansKeesom, I totally agree with you and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one .;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 am 
Administrator

Final is upcoming because we are ready for...
Since RC1 we have fix must of bugs and received crash dumps.
We know that some crashs or bugs will appear in final version. But we think it's sufficiently stable for most of usage and computers.
We also know that final version will be more used and it's better for detecting crashs and correcting them.