Forum unaccepted behaviors  

Official news, releases information, status updates.
Annonces officielles, nouvelles versions, avancement.
AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Forum unaccepted behaviors

by AlexandreJ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi,

I really hate to do that, but sometimes, a forum just is like real life, we need to raise the voice.

There were some unaccepted behavior in the forum, mainly trolling. There are enough threads in the forum which are open for not using such behavior.

So, the creator of a thread has a question or demand, or an advise : this is the topic we are talking about. Posting regularly in threads with totally different topics is not accepted.
BTW : don't be personal either. It isn't accepted as well.

Let'st be gentleman here :)

Take care,

Alexandre

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:Hi,

I really hate to do that, but sometimes, a forum just is like real life, we need to raise the voice.

There were some unaccepted behavior in the forum, mainly trolling. There are enough threads in the forum which are open for not using such behavior.

So, the creator of a thread has a question or demand, or an advise : this is the topic we are talking about. Posting regularly in threads with totally different topics is not accepted.
BTW : don't be personal either. It isn't accepted as well.

Let'st be gentleman here :)

Take care,

Alexandre

to get some idea what you're writing about: what is "trolling" - I cant find any usefull translation I can apply to the only closed thread on the forum I found.
and to be honest I cant comprehend the closing of account(s) after reading this (temporary) closed thread (inclusive the meanwhile deleted posts).

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 am

Here's wikipedia explanation : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
---
In the present matter, all concerned post were deleted. Concerned users were warned and unbanned this morning.

no avatar
hankkarl

by hankkarl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Trolling is a fishing term meaning you put some bait out and let it drag through the water behind your boat, hoping a fish bites it.

On line trolling is when someone puts out (flame)bait and hopes for a reaction.

The rules here: http://www.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-091210-037.pdf are pretty good ones.
Last edited by hankkarl on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 pm

hankkarl wrote:Trolling is a fishing term meaning you put some bait out and let it drag through the water behind your boat, hoping a fish bites it.

On line trolling is when someone puts out (flame)bait and hopes for a reaction.

The rules here: http://www.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-091210-037.pdf are pretty good ones.

You think it´s "trolling" to discuss technical items controversally? I don´t. Nothing more happened in the closed thread.
So i´m afraid to get banned each time i say things somebody might not like like and he/her then starts to complain about me for "trolling" . . .
That´s kind of stupid, sorry - i´ll better avoid ANY to some extent controversal discussion here in the future . . .

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
hankkarl

by hankkarl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Sorry Klaus,

I hadn't seen the thread that was deleted. And there have been several controversial and heated threads in the past.none of those had been trolling. (And I think I was part of more than a few of them).

But I do remember a guy who came on 3 or 4 or 5 years ago (Grapedrink?) who was doing things that were not good. IIRC, that was trolling (or griefing or something).

Return to Announcements / Annonces