Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:50 pm 

@Destiny: the newsletter is planned to be sent this week.

@jespersen: we just have to change the text in the "My Updates" page, but anyway when you click on order, you can see that you actually order the latest version. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm 

'[bo wrote:
']Great work Alexandre and the whole Kolor team!

, as the free nodal point is the main new feature I'm going to use...

Couldn't find anything on the nodal point, mind explaining.

http://redhillsmedia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:44 am 

billjones wrote:
'[bo wrote:
']Great work Alexandre and the whole Kolor team!

, as the free nodal point is the main new feature I'm going to use...

Couldn't find anything on the nodal point, mind explaining.

Kolor changed the name from Free nodal point - it's now called Multiple viewpoints. You will find this option in Settings/Optimization.

Should help with handheld panos where camera may move between shots and potentially with such things as aerial panos shot from a moving plane and stitching scanned images of maps.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:37 am 

oh... but what about teacher licences... Most software developers providegreat discount prices to teachers. We just have to provide our Teaching Licence... I do not need it now but the FUTURE!!.. When I have to pay for upgrades... I teach ICT so I would love to promote kolor software when ever I can...

Destiny

AlexandreJ wrote:
BTW : for schools, we have educational prices. Contact us to learn about them.

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
(on February 3, 2011 at 8AM):

The manual is finished in French and it will be translated into English within 2 weeks. If you already want to have a look and use google to translate it quickly, here's the link : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-fr/action/view/Support_technique

Looking at http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Main_Page I still see the pdf for the 2.0 version of the manual. Is the 2.5 version in a different place? If not, do you have a new estimate for when the English translation of the manual will be available?

Last edited by John_Sauter on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:22 pm 

John_Sauter wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:
(on February 3, 2010 at 8AM):

The manual is finished in French and it will be translated into English within 2 weeks. If you already want to have a look and use google to translate it quickly, here's the link : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-fr/action/view/Support_technique

Looking at http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Main_Page I still see the pdf for the 2.0 version of the manual. Is the 2.5 version in a different place? If not, do you have a new estimate for when the English translation of the manual will be available?

John,
another posting kolor said that french docu is ready and the english is in translation...

2.5 french: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-fr/action/view/Documentation_Autopano_Giga_2.5
google translated: seems that page is so coded that google cant translate the page!!!

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 pm 

Thanks for the new version.
One question: How much time do I have to decide, if I want to buy the upgrade version from APP to APG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:24 pm 

i cant register panotour 1.5 with my autopanogiga 2.5 serial.

whats the problem?

answer:

i have generate a new serial for panotour 1.5 in my profile/ my serials section of kolor-website.

works fine .... thanks

Last edited by stschulze on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 am 
Administrator

snaefell wrote:
One question: How much time do I have to decide, if I want to buy the upgrade version from APP to APG?

Such upgrade path is permanent : it's just the difference of price ( for current version of APP and current version of APG ).
We do sometimes good prices on upgrades from an old version of APP to the current APG. It doesn't seems that was the question asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:18 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Such upgrade path is permanent : it's just the difference of price ( for current version of APP and current version of APG ).
We do sometimes good prices on upgrades from an old version of APP to the current APG. It doesn't seems that was the question asked.

My question is, if the time for the lower update price vom APP 2 to APG 2.5 is limited. So if I have to decide by the end of March to buy the upgrade for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 pm 

Hello, I've browsed through the posts here and have to say this is all dissapointing and still confusing. I have been trying the demo of APG 2.0 for a bit now and loved that it included the panotour feature... to me that justified the 199 Euro price which is way more than what I paid here in the USA for my Skywatcher (aka Merlin/Orion) Panohead ($185 USD).

My interests are for 360x180 pano's and I liked the Autopano tour. So here it is, payday for me, and I was ready to sink my 199 Euro for the product I was trying (AutoPano Giga with the tour app) only to find out that everything has changed and for me for the worst.

The website is very confusing because all the advertising still says the virtual tours are part of the Giga program but under features the tour program isn't mentioned anymore. So, it appears that if I want the program I was expecting to buy for 199 Euro, I now have to spend 299 Euro for the same thing!?! This makes no sense and is going to cause them to loose a sale.

Now, I see I can get AutoPano Pro and AutoPano Tour for 199 Euro but that is the same price I was supposed to get AutoPano Giga with the tour program for.

what the heck is going on here?

Celestron Skywatcher Panohead (firmeware version=010981), Papywizard, Nokia 800 (OS2008), Win 7 64 on Sony VIAO, Canon 7D, 40D, 30D with Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS, 24-135mm F3.5 IS, Sigma 15mm F2.8, Vivitar 7mm f3.5 Fisheye for Canon (manual lens), Sigma 135-500mm f3.5/5.6.
Focus Time Lapse and Spherical Pano's/pano tours (Autopano gig and Tour). Dynamic Perception Dolly with MX2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm 

Am wondering if I am the only one here having problems with Kolor's new pricing structure and marketing of AutoPano Giga/Tour programs? I was one who downloaded the Demo of Giga 2.5 which came with Tour and was demoing it before the change (I have both which came advertised as one program). After trying the programs I decided to save my money and buy it.... 199 Euro is a lot of money for me at present. As a side note, I had bought the Merlin/Orion Pano head here in the USA.... I bought this after reading posts on this forum and have been using it for Time Lapse. After trying the Giga/Tour program I was excited about using my Pano head with it. Imagine my shock when payday arrived and I found that if I wanted the same software that I was supposed to be able to buy for 199 Euro now split and costing combined 298 Euro!!!

I've been in contact with Kolor Customer support and so far they have been unsupportave and even confusing. They have gone as far as to deny that there was any reference to Giga coming with Tour on their website... and after I pointed out numerous links they removed them. Then they told me that the new AutoPano Pro was the same as the old AutoPano Giga without the Tour.... is this true??? Is AutoPano Pro 2.5 the same as the old AutoPano Giga 2.0???

I found it odd that Apple just announced the release of the new and vastly improved IPAD 2.0 and that with all it's improvements they are selling it for the same price as the previous one. Many others in the computer industry do the same fair thing. What Kolor did is killing a guy like me and am just wondering am I alone here?
:(

Celestron Skywatcher Panohead (firmeware version=010981), Papywizard, Nokia 800 (OS2008), Win 7 64 on Sony VIAO, Canon 7D, 40D, 30D with Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS, 24-135mm F3.5 IS, Sigma 15mm F2.8, Vivitar 7mm f3.5 Fisheye for Canon (manual lens), Sigma 135-500mm f3.5/5.6.
Focus Time Lapse and Spherical Pano's/pano tours (Autopano gig and Tour). Dynamic Perception Dolly with MX2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:02 pm 

skyml wrote:
Am wondering if I am the only one here having problems with Kolor's new pricing structure and marketing of AutoPano Giga/Tour programs?
:(

No - I commented on it when APP/APG 2.5, and Panotour and Panotour Pro, were first released:

http://www.autopano.net/forum/p76415-2011-02-03-10-32-44#p76415

Here's Alexandre's (Kolor) response:

http://www.autopano.net/forum/p76441-2011-02-03-13-00-08#p76441

It was well known - before the final release of APP/APG 2.5 - that Autopano Tour was to be replaced by two products, Panotour and Panotour Pro, (to be marketed separately) and that APG 2.5 would not be bundled with any virtual tour authoring software. What users didn't know was exactly when APP/APG 2.5 would reach final release (although one could guess/sense that final release was likely to come soon after RC1 and RC2); nor did users know what the licence fees for Panotour and Panotour would be.

Kolor had also promised that existing licence holders of APG/APT would not lose out when APP/APG 2.5 were released and Panotour and Panotour Pro replaced Autopano Tour - and indeed when APP/APG were released then existing APG/APT licence holders received a free licence key for Panotour and if the existing APG/APG licence holder also had a krpano licence he/she received a free licence key for Panotour Pro.

Had you acquired your APG licence before the final release of APG 2.5 you would have been in luck. Unfortunately delaying the purchase has left you facing a much higher cost.

I don't think your comparison of pricing between Kolor software and Apple iPad hardware stands up for various reasons. Software and hardware pricing policies/models have never been the same.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am 

Mike,
As Andrew explained, we announced the separation of our image stitching software and our virtual tour software several months ago.
Our website should be entirely updated now. If you found that it included misleading information that refrained you from buying our software please contact our team: http://www.kolor.com/contact.html
Best,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:13 am 

mediavets wrote:
not least because the original iPad was (as are most Apple products) hideously over priced in the first place.

Sorry Andrew - that´s nonsense. One of the widely discussed things - at least among people with knowledge - about the first iPad was it´s surprisingly low price related to the technology you got for it.

Constantly repeating like a prayer mill that Apple´s prices are "hideouly overpriced" shows a lack of knowledge of details about the relation of costs and what you get for it. Please realize that buying an Apple product not necessarily means to be a complete idiot . . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:38 pm 

Just an update...... Kolor has followed through in superior customer support and allowed me to purchase APG 2.5 with APT 1.5 for the price of APG 2.0 with Tour.

Since APG 2.5 is only a minor upgrade according to Kolor and other posts in this forum, it was sad (and confusing) to hear of the major change in APG 2.0 buy the removal of the Tour program. I still feel, as other do here, that the future customers.... especially the hobbyist... are going to be seriously discouraged by the division of the two and by the new added costs. Kolor says that APP 2.5 is much more like APG and that buying APP 2.5 and APT 1.5 is very much like having APG 2.0 with the tour as was previous. Truth is, it's still not the same. APP 2.5 still is not APG. Making the compromise isn't that easy.

I do know that things would have been less confusing had Kolor spelled out their intentions in removing Tour from APG directly on the product info and purchase pages of thir website (for example "Hey there, we're removing Tour from this program and selling it solo for way more money so buy it now before the change comes!"), this fact alone might have motivated more sales prior to the release of this new version with it's changes. But then again, none of us knew when the release was going to come either.

All I can say now is that it was never clear to me that Tour was going to be split from APG and sold seperate nor was I aware of the major price increases in the split and yet Kolor stepped up and did the best thing a company can do and supported it customers and in my case obtained a new loyal customer during a difficult product transition. Thanks Kolor!

:D