Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Gif files in PTP
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:35 pm 

Hi, just a suggestion: the possibility to integrate gif files in PTP, just to have some animation without needing video, and this is also available in html5/javascript.

Post subject: Re: Gif files in PTP
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 pm 

Hi...

Not possible since an animated GIF request the web protocol of the Hyper Text Markup to allow for animation.. Animated GIFs to be viewable in HTML5 I think need to be processed differently.. Not sure.. If you want to showcase an animated GIF, you can add it to a HTML page and use the website box to view it.. You can remove the boarders etc too.. The only way to use it as a hotspot would be to add a mask and then add deep linking address to that.... AFAIK.. but then you have a hotspot link within a hotspot link so no point...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:24 am 

Hi destiny, thank you for your reply . It was just a suggestion. Flashificator do that, but it's flash only. anyway, if i find a method by using web box, i will tell you. Thanks, and have a nice day.

an other thing, destiny, may you have a look at my site, and tell me what you think?
if yes, it's here : http://www.gabrielacoca.fr

I love your pano in the caravan with the object 360 !

Thanks, and have a nice day.
Gabriel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:55 am 

Hi Gabriel...

I had a quick look.. The Renault Car VR is excellent but I would not have the intro image showing so long.. I think also you need to keep your build size down to 9'ish since at the moment the panos act very sluggish.. I am sure that due to your building them at too high JPG quality.. The Car VR with all the hot spots is excellent too but I would not be using Little Planet or a lens flare with a car....

I checked out the Prince Hotel in Parish.. Its not clear and I think for this kind of hotel it needs to be.. I think you might have used a very high ISO.. I suggest for inside, keep it down to 100 ISO, F16 and where ever the shutter takes you... That's my suggestion other might have other suggestions.. Once you capture you pano, process it in Photoshop and use the Sharpen and Sharpen Edges Filters.. That will make a lot of difference.. Also, if you shot in RAW use the Lens Correction and Auto remove the Chromatic Aberration.

You are doing very well..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:16 am 

Hi Destiny,
Thank you for the time you take and for your reply, it's really kind.
You have put your finger exactly where i cannot see there is a problem, and it help me a lot.
My panos are generally between 10000 and 15000 pix wide, when you tell 9 inches, do you mean 2700 pix wide ( it's 9 inches @ 300 dpi )?
Can you give me the final reglage of the equirectangular to give to PTP, i mean length, resolution and format.
Here is my process: shooting using 15 mm fish-eye, 10 photos ( 6 horizontal + 1 zenith + 2 nadir at 180° with the head + 1 with the arm of the tripod at horizontal to patch the head after ), all that at -3,-1,0,+1,+3, in raw.
Put all that in camera raw, defringe the chromatic aberrations ( but it doesn't work very well, if you have an advice using auto remove, i 'm very interested ), then make the HDR for every image using photoshop or a other one *, then stitch all the images using APG, open the equirectangular to Pano2vr to make cubic faces, patch or reconstruct the nadir ( i never understand how to use the tool of automatic mask in APG, and if you have a tuto or a url to show me, it will be helpful ), reverse the cubic faces to equirectangular, open it in photoshop, duplicate the layer, turn it into desaturate, apply high pass with 2>radius>6, change the fusion mode to overlay and move a little bit the opacity ( but if you have something to tell me about using Sharpen and Sharpen edges, i am all ears ).
The Prince hotel is just a test, it was my first work with flashificator, and now i have to do it with PTP, if you are interested, i will send you the url when it's done.
I have a dream about integrating object 360 into a tour, you have done that so well ! for my side, i have once make it ( if you want to have a look, go to " les freres daum - vase au pavot ) into the list up-right into this pano : http://www.gabrielacoca.fr/wp-content/uploads/testmdmd/mdmd.html, but it's not the integration i would like to do, more like into the peugeot car ( http://www.gabrielacoca.fr/wp-content/uploads/peugeot/presentation/build.html )but with a direct possibility to move the object ( like you do in the caravane ), without using the arrows of the keyboard, if you have a way i have to look at, it will be very kind.
* Maybe you already know this soft, and if not, i think you will be interested, his speciality is to make "natural" HDR, and he make the job. It work only on Mac, here is : http://www.marscaper.eliotis.com.
Have a nice day, Destiny, and thank again for your help.
Gabriel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 am 

Hi..

HDR can look nice but you need to be careful not to over do it.. The strange glow around object is not a nice look for me..

I have not tested that HDR software so I just downloaded the trial.. I use Photomatix Pro, which has batch processing and many options.. Most pre process using this software and then use APG to stitch....

With the "9", I do not mean the physical size of your pano since that does not matter... Its the optimising value.. You can see that in PTP during the build.. "jpg quality"

When you use RAW, I use the Photoshop RAW plugin.. It has an option to automatically clear Chromatic aberrations in the lens correction.. Just select all you images and then tick the option to fix..

With HDR, its a bit of a confusion.. True HDR cannot be seen by most software apps.. I use Showcase which accepts a 32bit image so I can view it but I can only use it for rendering.. To view it, you need to change the image mode from 32bit to 16bit to see the HDR.. Some software can view 64bit but that hundreds of trillions of colours. I tend to stick with LDR and use EnfuseGUI which is free and I like it.. The issue is, light blow out from windows depending on where you live in the world.. In Australia the White Light is very intense to very hard.. When you set your Light balance its really White Light Balance, which is Colour Balance.. If you put the colours of the rainbow on a disc and spin it round, it will turn White... Due to the high white levels in Australia, I tend to set my VR Drive to 2EV but even 3EVs is good when there is a lot of white light in the scene.. White light is a killer of image.. Better to set the EVs lower levels and edit in RAW... Once you have too much light you cannot get the features back but you can do better with the dark EV... There is a lot more to it than this but that is just a quick overview..

I will process a bracketed set in this software you suggest and let you know how I go...

Keep up the good work.. A car VR is not an easy task to get right.... I think you are well on your way in this...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:29 pm 

Hi..

I tested the Marscaper and to be honest I wouldn't waist my money on it.. You are far better off with Photomatix.. I am a bit restricted with my options with a Mac. I think there might be better HDR software but its for it would be for a PC..... I tested a few HDR software apps a few weeks ago and was not impressed.. They claim to do wonderful things but in reality they are hard to use and output rubbish... Always make sure you test out a demo..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:42 pm 

Hi ...
I have to download and try photomatix then ... i think he can do something "natural" too.
Ok for the "9" , i understand where is this reglage, but 10000 pix wide for a pano seem right to you?
I just DL enfuse GUI wich i didn't heard before.
Thanks for all these tips Destiny, it is helpful.
Gabriel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:47 pm 

gabriel wrote:
Ok for the "9" , i understand where is this reglage, but 10000 pix wide for a pano seem right to you?
Gabriel.

It all depends on how much 'zoom in' capability you wish to offer.

Multi-res. tiling can handle any input res.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:52 pm 

10,000 is not an issue with PTP.. It slices up the images in a similar way as with Zoomify and places the sliced images into sub folders.. The only thing to remember is the download time.. Physical size is never an issue for this reason....

Have fun with enfuseGUI.. its easy to use, works very well and its free but it outputs only LDR..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:08 pm 

i'm actually on enfuseGUI, it seem very interesting , thanks for sharing.
Gabriel.