Testing phase - Fox business school.  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
sjosyula

Testing phase - Fox business school.

by sjosyula » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:47 am

Hello,

I am currently working on a 360 tour for my school. ( I dont have kr pano as we do it for non profit)

Well, here is what I was able to do. I am very low on resources so, could rent a fish eye, just for a day. and I had to photograph the entire 7 floors of the building.however this is just the draft copy. I am looking ahead to rent it for few more days and redo.

The animation shows 9 areas in the building.

Known problems :
1. out of focus in certain places ( that was the first time I ever used a fish eye)
2. I shot in Av mode so, some areas have exposure problem.
3. No post-processing was done to the spherical images, as I am still in the phase of buying photoshop elements 7

Problems I am not able to solve,

1. I posted my first 360 a few weeks ago,

http://megaswf.com/view/4dc2984c255c0d47ddbe0773e13c33b3.html

where I was suggested to convert them to 2:1.

So, After rendering the panos for this project I converted them into images of size 10000 px wide. Then, I just increased the canvas height wise to make it 2:1

Then imported the panos to tour weaver, and made it 360x180 degrees. So, the nadir area is not a big black spot. To eliminate the spot all together i decreased the vertical view to aprox 160 degrees but for some reason the view gets severely affected and looses originality.( i dont have better words to describe it ) however, because of the vertical offset the top view was getting chopped off..

i played with settings for a while, and could not figure it out..

in-short I want to eliminate the nadir altogether.

I am still learning to please do not hesitate to rant or ask me for any more info..

this is the test link.
--------------------

http://whatdidiclick.blogspot.com/2010/03/httpsites.html

-------------------

Hopefully if I can explain my boss that I can correct those errors I might be able to rent the lens again for a week and get the photoshop elements 7 commissioned for the computer I have

Thanks,

Sandeep

no avatar
sjosyula

by sjosyula » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 am

Please read

"So, the nadir area is not a big black spot " as So, the nadir area is a big black spot.

You can see the problem areas at the "Jasmine cafe", "large TV area" and " elevator lobby"

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:56 am

Hopefully if I can explain my boss that I can correct those errors I might be able to rent the lens again for a week and get the photoshop elements 7 commissioned for the computer I have

Thanks,

Sandeep

Not much of an 'advert' for a business school if it can't afford a few hundred dollars for software is it? ;)

Where does Tourweaver come into it - it seems you have used krpano?
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:04 pm

sjosyula wrote:Known problems :
1. out of focus in certain places ( that was the first time I ever used a fish eye)

What camera and FE lens were you using?

2. I shot in Av mode so, some areas have exposure problem.

I guess you now know that it's recommended to shoot using full manual exposure for panos?

Problems I am not able to solve,

1. I posted my first 360 a few weeks ago,

http://megaswf.com/view/4dc2984c255c0d47ddbe0773e13c33b3.html

where I was suggested to convert them to 2:1.

So, After rendering the panos for this project I converted them into images of size 10000 px wide. Then, I just increased the canvas height wise to make it 2:1

Why did you not change the pano FOV to 360x180 (ie. to produce a 2:1 equirectangular) in Autopano Pro/Giga BEFORE rendering?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
sjosyula

by sjosyula » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Not much of an 'advert' for a business school if it can't afford a few hundred dollars for software is it? wink

Where does Tourweaver come into it - it seems you have used krpano?

hello mediavets,

I am very new to this subject of creating 360 degree panoramas and since I did not getting the desired result ( as I dont know hoe to use it efficiently) I was trying some alternative tools. however "tour weaver" is not related to APG ( what was i thinking?)

Thank you for the screen-shot.

Let me rephrase my question

Please take a look at this 360 X 115 pano I made

http://astro.temple.edu/~tuc18479/Center_city_2.swf

( It is HDR pano and again, the colors are not proper )

You can see that, I just have to render it and export flash using auto pano tour. You can also observe that, the portions I dint cover - the area where the tripod was and the area above me, were chopped off and what is displayed is the final view.

The above pano was made using a EF 18-55mm lens.

So, I rented our a fisheye lens for a day and took the spherical panoramas of my school. which are 360 X 150 .

What I understood from the workflow of APT is that.....for example... if I had to chop off 30 degrees of view from the nadir, the software chops away 30 degrees of view from the zenith ( is this correct ?) However if I make the offset value to be zero, I get a distorted view at the zenith.

I highly appreciate your patience to go through 101 questions like these.

Thanks again,
Sandeep

no avatar
sjosyula

by sjosyula » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Picture 1 : distorted view
Picture 2 : Corresponding settings
Picture 3 : Correct view
Picutre 4 : Corresponding settings.

Incase of picture 1, the nadir area of the pano is not included, but the zenith is distorted
Incase of picture 3, the nadir area is included, ( a big black spot) but the zenith is perfect.

I have no idea, how to get a perfect zenith with the nadir not included.

thank you.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 pm

sjosyula wrote:Incase of picture 3, the nadir area is included, ( a big black spot) but the zenith is perfect.

You ALWAYS need to have a 2:1 image to get a non-distorted sphere. If you don´t integrate a nadir you don´t get a 2:1 image rendered.

So there are 2 ways to solve the problem:

1) open the rendered image in Photoshop and expand the canvas to 2:1. This way you get a black nadir hole which you can retouch in the bottom-cubeface.
2) you can crop the image in APG. This way the ratio is written in the EXIFs. APT reads the EXIFs and sets a vertical offset so that you get a sphere - which has a limited downlook angle but no distortions.

The best way of course is to shoot a nadir additionally.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:36 pm

sjosyula wrote:Let me rephrase my question

Please take a look at this 360 X 115 pano I made

http://astro.temple.edu/~tuc18479/Center_city_2.swf

( It is HDR pano and again, the colors are not proper )

You can see that, I just have to render it and export flash using auto pano tour. You can also observe that, the portions I dint cover - the area where the tripod was and the area above me, were chopped off and what is displayed is the final view.

The above pano was made using a EF 18-55mm lens.

So, I rented our a fisheye lens for a day and took the spherical panoramas of my school. which are 360 X 150 .

What I understood from the workflow of APT is that.....for example... if I had to chop off 30 degrees of view from the nadir, the software chops away 30 degrees of view from the zenith ( is this correct ?) However if I make the offset value to be zero, I get a distorted view at the zenith.

I highly appreciate your patience to go through 101 questions like these.

Thanks again,
Sandeep

See - http://www.autopano.net/forum/p45565-2009-05-18-00-54-09#p45565

Does this help you understand the issue?
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

Return to Virtual tour gallery / Galerie de visites virtuelles