It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Virtual visit villa bali
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 am 

:) Hi,
I m new in this forum, find the link of virtual visit a villa at bali :
http://www.360villabali.com/virtual360/mertanadi/2010_03_17HD/FULL2HD_bis.html
What you think ?

Last edited by 360bali on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:16 am 

360bali wrote:
http://www.360bali.net/visite%20virtuelles/Villa%20modern/visit.html
What you think ?

You should think about a better lens - without so much CA . . . :cool:
And meditate about using HDR!

Very nice home!

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 pm 

360bali wrote:
What you think ?

Welcome to the forum.

What camera, lens and pano head did you use?

Did you use some HDR or exposure blending?

I like the way you have planned and photographed the tour, and the way you have designed and used the hotspots, and the way you have mixed stills with the panos in the tour.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm 

mediavets wrote:
I like the way you have planned and photographed the tour, and the way you have designed and used the hotspots, and the way you have mixed stills with the panos in the tour.

You hit an essential point, Andrew! I think important is a kind of "functional aesthetic" - which means a good functionality presented in an aesthetical way.

We discussed that point over and over here at 360impressions.de - it´s clearly a matter of taste - and we are still debating:
how sophisticated do we HAVE TO be and how sophisticated to be is profitable? And after all: what visual and functional quality can we afford to be identified with and present to a client.

So let me say a few critical words regarding this actual case as an example:

A pano should be handled - in my eyeslike a "classical" photography from some point of view.
Would you EVER accept a "classical" photography of an interior where lots of red dots are placed on walls, windows and doors?
Would you EVER accept an interior photography where looking to the outside is so heavy overexposed?

Sorry, 360bali: i´m not aiming your work in special.

What is panorama-photography all about: just information/lots to see? Here it is definitely superior to "usual" photography.
But ist that enough?
What about style, sensitivity, aesthetics, design, visual consequence - the "classic" photography thing?

Negotiating with clients i often hear:"well, we tried having interactive panorama photography several times - but the results were of such a bad visual aesthetics that we decided better let good photographers take "usual" but sensitive and perfectly styled photos . . . . and leave interactive panorama photography to the "cheapos" . . . . "

That´s a sense you can find everywhere at serios clients. We sometimes have a hard time to convince them that there are ways to do the job in a way "usual" high-quality photographers do - and that this kind of professional work can´t be done inexpensively of course.

I´m a "classical" advertising photographer. I´m used to high standards an also used to sophisticated production methods.
Shooting interactive panoramas often seem to be handled in a "hit and run" kind of shooting - and that´s the way the results look afterwards.

Just my 2 cents about that whole thing panorama photography . . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:20 am 

:( hi mister klaus,

I m sorry, effectively, i think my pano can't be please at everybody,
this pano is my third and i did many error, but i happen every day,
so thank you for your comment
Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 am 

mediavets wrote:
360bali wrote:
What you think ?

Welcome to the forum.

What camera, lens and pano head did you use?

Did you use some HDR or exposure blending?

hi, thank you for your compliment,
so i use exposure blending before use autopano, i did many many test and i think is (for me) the better solution
Maybe, you will like this virtual visit (the area swimming-pool/garden) : http://www.360bali.net/visite%20virtuelles/Villa_mertanadiHR/Villa_mertanadiHR.html

Now you have my material below

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 pm 

360bali wrote:
:( hi mister klaus,

I m sorry, effectively, i think my pano can't be please at everybody,
this pano is my third and i did many error, but i happen every day,
so thank you for your comment
Regards

Hi 360bali!

;)
As i mentioned: i didn´t aim at your pano. I just had some controverse conversations some hours before i posted about the "being" of panorama photography in general and in spite of real estate resp. indoor-panos in special.

Maybe it was the wrong place to post my reflections about this conversation in your thread - i apologize for that!

best to you, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:51 pm 

360bali wrote:
hi, thank you for your compliment,
so i use exposure blending before use autopano, i did many many test and i think is (for me) the better solution
Maybe, you will like this virtual visit (the area swimming-pool/garden) : http://www.360bali.net/visite%20virtuelles/Villa_mertanadiHR/Villa_mertanadiHR.html

Now you have my material below

Regards

This one is much better.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:36 pm 

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:

You hit an essential point, Andrew! I think important is a kind of "functional aesthetic" - which means a good functionality presented in an aesthetical way.

We discussed that point over and over here at 360impressions.de - it´s clearly a matter of taste - and we are still debating:
how sophisticated do we HAVE TO be and how sophisticated to be is profitable? And after all: what visual and functional quality can we afford to be identified with and present to a client.

A pano should be handled - in my eyeslike a "classical" photography from some point of view.
Would you EVER accept a "classical" photography of an interior where lots of red dots are placed on walls, windows and doors?
Would you EVER accept an interior photography where looking to the outside is so heavy overexposed?

Sorry, 360bali: i´m not aiming your work in special.

What is panorama-photography all about: just information/lots to see? Here it is definitely superior to "usual" photography.
But ist that enough?
What about style, sensitivity, aesthetics, design, visual consequence - the "classic" photography thing?

best, Klaus

Klaus,

I do see your point(s).

One question is whose aesthetic should one adopt/target?

The aesthetic of the tour creator or the aesthetic of the target audience?

These could be quite different, the Bali example being a case in point.

I presume the Bali property tour is aimed at selling, or letting the property, to foreigners.

Here are the stats for nationalities of tourists to Bali:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Indonesia#Statistics
"Three quarters of Indonesia's visitors come from the Asia-Pacific region, with Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Japan and South Korea among the top five countries of origin. The United Kingdom, France, Germany and the Netherlands are the largest sources of European visitors."

Which national aesthetic should the tour creator adopt/target to maximise the appeal and effectiveness of the tour?

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm 

klausesser wrote:

best, Klaus

Klaus,

What do you think of this one - done by a pro:
http://www.robertharshman.com/360vr/vr-5.html

There are hotspots but they are a little more subtle than red dots.

Is this any more acceptable for/to you?

Andrew