Dubai 360  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
gkaefer

Topic author
Liked in: 15 posts
Info

Dubai 360

by gkaefer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:28 pm

http://dubai360.com/#!s=1313-burj-khali ... pixel&l=en
Kolor blog: http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2015/01/19 ... tual-tour/

I saw the initial pano some months ago and I was massive impressed.
Now its a complete tour.... a wonderful piece of art.
Congrats!

One Point I realized after hopping from one pano to the next... they all Show Dubai @ different Dates. On one pano a skyscaper is already finished on another pano the same is on the way to be built. This is indeed one Point of a puzzle you wanna Explorer more ;-)
For point on this development it would be perfect if the creation date could be visible on each pano...

One Point I was really disappointed about is the big Nadir logo on the burrj Khalifa pano. Now with this huge logo ist just another Areal pano that could be taken from heli or from a drone. No longer it is visible that the pano was taken by climbing (outdoor) several times up to the Peak of the Tower...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

Re: Dubai 360

by Cliquetsy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:22 pm

The nadir bugged me too! It's huge and square and incredibly distracting.
Still an amazing view though.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:59 am

Georg you are so right about that nadir. I told them several times to change that, it is so huge.
So glad you have the same feeling as me.
---
Yes, the panoramas are from different moment. The shooting took one year and a half to catch them all and as everything is going so fast there, you probably catch some new skyscrapers in one panorama that you don't have in the other one.

Virtuel Rundtur

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Yes it is a very impressive tour. Amazing image quality and amazing views.

Could be fun to know what kind of camera and lens they used...

But I just cant understand why it is not possible to search for pano's within the tour...

If I want to look for a certain hotel or place, it is impossible to find, if i don't know physically where it is. It's like Google Maps without a search function :-)

// Henrik

gkaefer

Topic author
Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:52 pm

Alexandre, the CMS created for the Dubai Tour... will it be available for the public in any form? (for free, as seperate kolor product) if yes... is it a seperate solution or will it be available as plugin for existing platforms like wordpress etc?

Liebe Grüße,
Georg

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:Yes it is a very impressive tour. Amazing image quality and amazing views.

Yes - definitely. But the presentation in my eyes is far too much overfreighted with visually irritating items - which
minimizes any elegance.

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:Could be fun to know what kind of camera and lens they used...

I couldn´t find any information technical-wise or about the author - but afaik he used a mid-format camera, if Gérald was the author.

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:But I just cant understand why it is not possible to search for pano's within the tour...

If I want to look for a certain hotel or place, it is impossible to find, if i don't know physically where it is. It's like Google Maps without a search function :-)
// Henrik

I agree.

best, Klaus

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm

This pano is awesome but its lost in the maze of hotspots and tacky graphics.. None of which even match.. I feel it would be better to start the Tour with them hidden as well as a feature to hide related hotspots so only a minium of hotspots were displayed.. The entire Tour is just too busy.. Even the social media graphics seem to be an after thought.

Destiny..

no avatar
Morgan

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Morgan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello,

yes, it's really impressive as it's more than 1900 panoramic photos but you mentioned video and I've seen them on the preview in there website but I cannot see them now on the VT. Where are those 360 videos?

By the way, watching more than 1900 panoramas in this kind of "boring" place is not my cup of tea, but I have to admit it's a huge work. That's the only place on earth where people are able to pay so much for so less profitable stuff ;-)

By the way, as questioned by Georg and others, may we have information on the hardware configuration and more importantly on the possibility to see soon the CMS used to create that VT?

Thanks and congratulations.

Morgan

no avatar
Briger

Info

by Briger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:37 am

Any Feedback for the CMS Questions?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:08 pm

For the moment, it is not available for general use, but that is the plan at some point to provide a online CMS for general usage.

no avatar
Briger

Info

by Briger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Thank you

Pat