EVR NYC | Nightclub Tour | NYC  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
sasha_che

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

EVR NYC | Nightclub Tour | NYC

by sasha_che » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Hello guys,
for your consideration is a recent virtual tour me and Max (Octavias) did for a newly opened nightclub here in NYC
any comments or suggestions on improvement are more then welcome.

http://acmbphotography.com/EVR/EVR_VT.html

Thank you,
Alex

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 am

Hi Alex and Max.... Getting better.. ;)

Stitching is a tab out but not too bad... You notice if I look at the paintings .. The curtain on the first pano needs fixing up.. If you use bracketed shots.. I suggest you use the clearest image and try to merge it onto you pano making sure you line it up.. Your sharpens is just about right..

I would be putting a nice little hotspot next to the drinks and food on the bar to open a nice jpg with a close-up and some text.. Using PTP V2 its will animate out very nicely... ;)

You need to be proud of this.. it can only get better.. I know how much effort you two put into your work.. so.. well done..

Destiny..

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:48 am

sasha_che wrote:Hello guys,
for your consideration is a recent virtual tour me and Max (Octavias) did for a newly opened nightclub here in NYC
any comments or suggestions on improvement are more then welcome.

http://acmbphotography.com/EVR/EVR_VT.html

Thank you,
Alex

Hey Alex!

Nice done! Good mood!

I definitely would leave away the very confusing pattern of the navigation-bar - it´s too much because it mingles with the structured ground in an irritating way.

Zoom doesn´t work - everybody today knows how to move in a pano so the left-right, up-down arrows are redundant when the zoom buttons doesn´t work also.

The very bright lights on the bar: are they drink-menues? If so they should show some content instead of being just extremely bright.

I like the cool big window! :cool:

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
sasha_che

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by sasha_che » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Destiny & Klaus your feedback is always much appreciated

Destiny - that curtain would not stop moving while we were shooting lol, but i do have one picture where its straight, i will fix it for the final version.we actually shot all of this little details like food, painting ect... great minds think alike as me and max were planning to do just that - alot of elements in the club will be clickable as close-ups.
I have this project in PTP v2 as well, it looks awesome ;) - Thank you for your comments our goal is to always get better and never stop :)

Klaus - i agree for the pattern, i was trying to make it look unified but the more i look at it the more i realize it was a bad idea it needs to go
yes the bright lights on the bar are LED menus, i will soon post a revised version of this tour with the menus properly exposed.
As far as arrows of navigation, i would disagree that most people know what to do....we do because we live and breath virtual tours, ive been speaking to alot of business owners and people here in NYC and you will be surprised on how many people dont even have the slightest clue on what it is and how to use it....i personally only put three buttons in the menu:Music on/of, fullscreen and autorotate on/off - but we have to consider that majority of people that will view this tour wont know what to do

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm

sasha_che wrote:As far as arrows of navigation, i would disagree that most people know what to do....we do because we live and breath virtual tours, ive been speaking to alot of business owners and people here in NYC and you will be surprised on how many people dont even have the slightest clue on what it is and how to use it....i personally only put three buttons in the menu:Music on/of, fullscreen and autorotate on/off - but we have to consider that majority of people that will view this tour wont know what to do

Agree. But then you also should make the zoom-buttons work! :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Octavias

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Octavias » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Zoom Zoom Zoom! ahhaa

Thanks guys and gals! As usual, awesome comments and we will get to work and improve this project. We already have lots of new ideas that we are discussing right now on how to improve the theme in general!

Best,

-Max
"The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words."
http://www.acmbphotography.com/ - website
https://www.facebook.com/ACMBPhotography - facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MaxBolotovPhotography