It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm 

http://www.360impressions.de/KLapheckFull/

700mpx per node.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 am 

Great work Klaus, perfect spheres, this time i'm impressed (and that is not that easy as you know), what lens/aperture did you use?

Greets, Ed

Olympus OM-D with HLD-6, Fuji GX680, Samyang 7.5, Olympus 9-18, Sigma 19, Panasonic 14-45, Nikon 50 1.4 on Novoflex with tripod mount, Nikon 80-200, Panasonic 45-200, Fujinon 135, Fujinon 80, Fujinon 65, Fujinon 50, Gitzo Gilux Reporter 2, Sirui Ballhead and Panosaurus 2.0 NNP adapter, Arduino Uno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 am 

I personally found the interactivity nauseating.. I have never seen that effect before..

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:13 am 

That is a command in KRPANO (zoom to hotspot if memory serves, but KRPANO docs still suck as they used to) and a choice.....I could also live without it Des.....but I have a strong stumach, so only smiles at my side.

Greets, Ed.

Olympus OM-D with HLD-6, Fuji GX680, Samyang 7.5, Olympus 9-18, Sigma 19, Panasonic 14-45, Nikon 50 1.4 on Novoflex with tripod mount, Nikon 80-200, Panasonic 45-200, Fujinon 135, Fujinon 80, Fujinon 65, Fujinon 50, Gitzo Gilux Reporter 2, Sirui Ballhead and Panosaurus 2.0 NNP adapter, Arduino Uno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 am 

From some of my code:

>onclick="looktohotspot(get(name)); loadscene('scene_Wout Berger small',null,MERGE,BLEND(1));"<

It is the looktohotspot(get(name)) command that is causing the problem, in conjunction with the fact that these pano's/spheres are hugh....so if it starts to look at a hotspot it swings to full zoom (making poor Des part with her diner :-)) which is a lot indeed (the zoom not Des's diner :-)) since Klaus did a magnificent job with his equipment.

So without the looktohotspot(get(name)) things would work out better indeed.

Greets, Ed

Last edited by Artisan S. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am 

Artisan S. wrote:
Great work Klaus, perfect spheres, this time i'm impressed (and that is not that easy as you know), what lens/aperture did you use?

Greets, Ed

Hi Ed!

Thx! :)

best, Klaus

PS: 35mm Nikon @f8

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:27 am 

Destiny wrote:
I personally found the interactivity nauseating..

No problem at all. There´s a good reason to do it this way.

Destiny wrote:
I have never seen that effect before..

Well - there always is a first time for everyone . . . :D

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 pm 

Thanks and youre welcome Klaus,

What is the good reason to zoom into the hotspot (and make Destiny nauesious, allthough that in itself could also be a good reason for you Klaus. since the two of you (still) don't seem to get allong that well :-)),

And on the "I have never seen that effect before" well, autorotation combined with 700 Mpixel spheres, combined with Look at Hotspot, is not uncommon but not that common either. But you have done it more (see the VR tour of the designer lights store).

By the way, just asking, how is the legal situation resolved since Konrad Klapheck (unlike El Greco) is verry much alive and could claim secondary image rights in Germany.

Greets, Ed

P.S. the invitation to a beer (or Alt) still stands, Klaus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
Thanks and youre welcome Klaus,
What is the good reason to zoom into the hotspot

I don´t care what makes Destiny "nauesious" (what a word) at all.

Zooming to a hotspot in our philosophy makes sense in a tour when you can see the target from the point you are. Not seeing the target we don´t zoom to a hotspot an use blend instead. Strategic decision. Matter of taste.

Artisan S. wrote:
And on the "I have never seen that effect before" well, autorotation combined with 700 Mpixel spheres, combined with Look at Hotspot, is not uncommon but not that common either. But you have done it more (see the VR tour of the designer lights store).

Well - i´m not sure what she meant at all: the zooming or the different than usual projection. She wasn´t specific.

Autorotation in a hires tour has a reason too (i don´t do anything without having a good reason to do it ;):cool:): I sometimes start very wide-angled (first scene Klapheck is 110°). Of course that is bad when the "camera" pans because teh paintings get very distorted. Nobody likes that much. So when trhe rotation starts the angle narrows to about 60/70° - which lowers the distortion a lot.

I changed the projection-mode: especially architects, but also artists who´s pictures are shown, complain about the extreme distortion which occurs with the default angle of 90° on verticals as soon as you move up or down.

Artisan S. wrote:
By the way, just asking, how is the legal situation resolved since Konrad Klapheck (unlike El Greco) is verry much alive and could claim secondary image rights in Germany.

Legal things are well set by the museum, the artist and VG-Bild-Kunst. As long as the exhibition runs and one or two weeks beyond the tour can be displayed publicly. After that only in private.

Artisan S. wrote:
P.S. the invitation to a beer (or Alt) still stands, Klaus.

Anytime! :cool:

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.