Experimenting with car  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Experimenting with car

by Nelike Imagery » Wed May 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi all,

was playing around with my car to test what I'm able to create :) Nothing fancy or new, just wanted to show.

http://imaginefinland.fi/virtualtours/autoesittelya/

Use the buttons on top.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/

no avatar
marin

Info

by marin » Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 am

How did you achieve the image around the car? Did you use gigapan or other software?

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 am

krpano 'MAKE OBJECT droplet'

The more images you have the better it will look...

I tried to sell the concept to car sales mobs but they were not interested.. Which amazed me.. Even an inside car VR.. No interest at all, yet if done right they can look really nice.. I haven't given up on it though.. Perhaps in time it will be seen a good interactive marketing media.

Good on you for giving it a go Jesse.. I can certainly see the merit in this.. Its a pity car dealers cannot.. I have been given the "get lost" attitude by the car sales mob up the road. They told me that they do all al their own photography.. The problem with that story; No, they do not do what I was offering.. So, they phoned me last week to advise me that my car was due for a service.. I told them that I will not use them anymore.. I am a local business... they are a local business.. I have supported them for years but they do not support me.. So why should I support them.. Then my dad received a call for a service on Monday.. He told them the same..;) My girlfriend will tell them the same too.. We just do not get them.. Its just a few photos.. We were not charging them, it was a freebee.. We just needed a nice new car to use as our showcase...

Anyway.. thats my story.. I would be keen to know how to get on with with all this..

Destiny...

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 am

Exactly what i did Destiny, the Krpano object tool. That is my car, just to see if i can do it. Wasn't that hard. We are getting similar stories as what you just told. For some reason people eather don't see or don't want to see the potential in this. Which is really sad. Hope they will wake up but most likely it's too late.

Regards,

Jesse