Quality house tour  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Quality house tour

by Nelike Imagery » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 am

Hey,

I was testing my new shooting technique for my panoramas and shot this beautiful house! Use the menu on the left to quickly navigate. See it here:

http://imaginefinland.fi/virtualtours/esimerkkitalo/

Feedback is appreciated.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja
Nelike Imagery
www.inelike.fi
Latest panoramas: http://inelike.fi/aiheeton/latest-panoramas/

no avatar
strategy7

Info

by strategy7 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:54 am

Some minor error stitching maybe because your nodal point is not set at 100%
I will suggest to take 2 shoots for every frame , one to have windows not overexposed and merge the 2 on the final equirectgangular 360x180
Just to show what I mean : http://pizzaecore.com/virtual_tour.php
Fiore

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi,

thanks for the feedback :) In fact, these are shot with 9 brackets. The main reason why windows are blown is because there is snow outside and sun was shining. No matter how i try to merge them, windows are still mostly white. The shine snow and sun can create is amazing. Im sure more brackets won't work eather. Only way is to process the windows manually in photoshop.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Nelike Imagery wrote:Hi,

thanks for the feedback :) In fact, these are shot with 9 brackets. The main reason why windows are blown is because there is snow outside and sun was shining. No matter how i try to merge them, windows are still mostly white. The shine snow and sun can create is amazing. Im sure more brackets won't work eather. Only way is to process the windows manually in photoshop.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

Hi Jesse!

You did NINE bracketing steps? Then you definitely shouldn´t have such overexposed areas. How did you process the brackets?

I suggest to compensate the very strong CAs before stitching.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Klaus,

With 9 brackets i also thought i wouldn't have over exposed areas. Main thing is, it's snow outside so there is nothing else than white. But do they look too exposed for high brackets? I use Oloneo photoengine for tone mapping. I try to play around with tone mapping settings but so far, this is the best looking i've got out of it.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

no avatar
strategy7

Info

by strategy7 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

HI Jesse, I think you need just two set of exposure. One for the windows and one for the internal ;-) then with layer on photoshop you copy the windows areas in the first one internal 360x180 photo .
This is my workflow
Fiore

bzh360

Info

by bzh360 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:48 pm

I agree with Stategy 7.
I'm using the same WF or I shoot two layers in 360 that are stitched separatly (or partial sitch if areas are covering 2/3 images as bow-windows) and then merged in PS with a smooth mask. I apply in fact the same WF as for standard images an not only for over exposed areas... It works also for dark zones. :cool:
An example below
http://www.uncoinchezsoi.net/visites-360/jardin_larmorplage/virtualtour2.swf
Go in the 2nd & 3rd room - "la Cuisine - Le Salon " Kitchen and Loundge

Kenavo.
Toegha Prod. - Createur d'Images Elargies et Rotatives.
http://corryvreckan.fr/test/index.html - Follow us on Facebook

no avatar
jeradg

Info

by jeradg » Wed May 09, 2012 7:56 pm

bzh360 wrote:I agree with Stategy 7.
I'm using the same WF or I shoot two layers in 360 that are stitched separatly (or partial sitch if areas are covering 2/3 images as bow-windows) and then merged in PS with a smooth mask. I apply in fact the same WF as for standard images an not only for over exposed areas... It works also for dark zones. :cool:
An example below
http://www.uncoinchezsoi.net/visites-360/jardin_larmorplage/virtualtour2.swf
Go in the 2nd & 3rd room - "la Cuisine - Le Salon " Kitchen and Loundge

Kenavo.

I mostly examined the La Cuisine room, and it looks really good.

In your process of merging, how do you compensate for the light that is coming through the window? I have made some attempts of my own to selectively merge the window sections on to the images that already look correct, but the light that comes in and reflects off the floors (or counter top in this case) always seems to cause a problem. There are harsh breaks or obvious differences in lighting for areas surrounding my windows irregardless of which images I choose for those areas.

no avatar
TukulCR

Info

by TukulCR » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Jesse I am just getting started and I love your work. How do you achieve that sharpiness on the image? Do you mind telling what gear are you using for that house shot? camera/lens/pano head?

no avatar
t0m

Info

by t0m » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 am

Hi Jesse,
Nice work ! I have a question: what is the size of the final virtual tour you've uploaded ? I mean, how much space does it take on the server ?
Thanks, have a nice day !

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi t0m!

The size of the tour is 144MB :)

Regards,

Jesse

no avatar
villarosen

Info

by villarosen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi!

How do you get the Nadir patch to move around?

Regards, BB

no avatar
leifs

Info

by leifs » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 pm

For some reason or another your pano is screwed in Opera.
I'm using Opera v 12.01 and my own APG/PTP panos has no problems like this.

leifs

Olympus OM-D E-M1, Leica 25mm f1.4, fisheye, zooms, primes
Seitz VRdrive2
2x Intel Xeon E5-2660, 128GB RAM, Win7 64bit, SSD RAIDs

MikeMcFarlane

Info

by MikeMcFarlane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 am

I love the 'boys' football room! And your interface is elegant and clean. Personally I'm not a fan of nadir patches, but then I shoot a lot of landscapes so often want a more natural look.

re. comments above on exposure, it is slightly unusual to see such bright windows now, but if it was very bright outside with snow then maybe that is the way it looked or you want it to look? I use Photomatix to produce HDR shots which get stitched. 0EV, -2EV and +2EV normally gives enough detail and I try to use subtle HDR processing to keep the look natural rather than HDR, not that I always succeed. I have a write up at http://www.moosooboo.com/the-joy-of-360-images-and-a-how-to-on-360-virtual-tours/ if you want more detail.

Anyway, nice tour.
Bio: Generation fluxer - farmer, mechatronics engineer, project manager, climbing shop manager, landscape photographer, programmer, virtual panographer, cyclist, life lover.
Twitter: MikeJMcFarlane
email: moo@moosooboo.com
www: www.moosooboo.com

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Nelike Imagery wrote:Hi Klaus,

With 9 brackets i also thought i wouldn't have over exposed areas. Main thing is, it's snow outside so there is nothing else than white. But do they look too exposed for high brackets? I use Oloneo photoengine for tone mapping. I try to play around with tone mapping settings but so far, this is the best looking i've got out of it.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

Hey Jesse!

Then you must have set the values for the highlights to a wrong level - they should have full tonal range. Half a stop underexposed would be fine - no matter
it´s snow or whatever :cool:

best to you, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

Topic author
Info

by Nelike Imagery » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:01 pm

heh, long time since i have posted anything and so much comments on this one! Alright:

@Leifs, that looks really weird since it haven't happen to me and i only have used small xml coding in this tour. So nothing major. Might be flash error, happens sometimes.

@MikeMcFarlane, awesome read you have posted! Even tho i knew already almost all of it but still good to read it and remind :) It's not my house, just a house decorated by a house decorator who has been buying pictures and some panoramas from me. Haven't tried to touch those panoramas for a long long time, maybe i even shouldn't. Now im more advanced than back then so i might do even decent job.

@Klaus, 9 brackets with 1 step difference. Next time i should try with half, maybe i succeed better in those conditions. Never the less, now that panorama doesn't look that good anymore to me as it used to. I'm now officially in my very own panorama business! Started 10.9 as Passoja Design. Virtual tours, photography and design for print and web. Will let you guys know when there is more to know :) But you can still check out my FB page and couple pictures i took while was on a holiday. facebook.com/passojadesign.

Regards,

Jesse Passoja

no avatar
JBel

Info

by JBel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey Jesse,
first of all, it's a geat job! :)
may i ask you how did you do the menu on the left?? :)
thanks in advance :)

no avatar
Passoja Design

Info

by Passoja Design » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am

Hi!

Designed in illustrator, hand coded with xml by me :)

no avatar
JBel

Info

by JBel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

how did u linked the menu to the picutres?? :)