Destiny's Very First Pano Tour and Nadir Patches....  

Share what you've done with Panotour or Panotour Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres avec Panotour ou Panotour Pro.
no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Destiny's Very First Pano Tour and Nadir Patches....

by Destiny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:51 am

Hey, I like to hear from anyone to let me know how my first pano tour works on Mac and PC....

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/DPS/XtremeVRs/XtremeVRTour/XtremeHobbyVRTour.html

It should all centre automatically but I want to make sure it does...

Thank you

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 am

Sorry.... I forgot to upload a java file, so it might not have worked... kolor teach help just informed me... I now hope its all ok...

Thank you kolor team...

Destiny....

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 pm

PS... forgot to tell you... I did everything using apg and ptp.. even the nadir patch... I hope I can remember how I did it all.. :)...

I was really fussy about my Nadir Point setting and it paid off.. I achieved on average a 3.8 RMS.. a couple of them were 4.22 but that was my fault I forgot a couple of rows of images so I had to improvise.. I also have to learn how to do the bracketed shots so I don't get lots of light from the windows.. Its all a big learning curve.. ;) To be honest, I do not think I would have achieved the same results if I did not have the new NN4.. it was just great.. so easy to use and accurate settings every time... The Nadir Adaptor was also great.. it allowed my to create my patches really easily... The only thing I wish I had was the Easy Leveller.. I am sure it will help in getting it level without playing about with the legs which can move during rotation of the NN4.. Especially when swivelling the Nadir Adaptor out which is quite ridged to turn, but I guess it has to be...

D...

no avatar
lorenzzz

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by lorenzzz » Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 am

Hi Destiny !
I just wondering..
Did you use fisheye lens for this project ?

Lorenzo

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon May 02, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Lorenzo... Yes, I used the Nikon 10.5 fisheye with a Nikon D90... It works really well with the NN4...

My setup is great for small paces too....

Destiny

lorenzzz wrote:Hi Destiny !
I just wondering..
Did you use fisheye lens for this project ?

Lorenzo

no avatar
rbackhaus

Info

by rbackhaus » Fri May 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Very good destiny,
A few small stitch errors,..once you learn to bracket you'll be able to eliminate a lot of the white,...good job with the custom work as well.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat May 07, 2011 3:38 am

Thank you so much for looking at my tour.. I realise I need to learn the bracketing thing.. I have just fine tuned my stitching so now I can try the bracketing shots.. Far too much light came through the window.. but I am learning through my mistakes... I am very happy with my first attempt at nadir patching too.. not perfect on a couple of them but its a learning curve for sure...

So much to learn.. so little time..

Destiny

rbackhaus wrote:Very good destiny,
A few small stitch errors,..once you learn to bracket you'll be able to eliminate a lot of the white,...good job with the custom work as well.
Last edited by Destiny on Sat May 07, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
T5BER

Info

by T5BER » Sat May 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Destiny,

Did you design and add the control buttons for your tour yourself?

Thanks

Steve

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun May 15, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Steve.. I sure did... I made them in Photoshop from nothing... I used the Styles... Very easy to do but very time consuming... After I made them I edited the xml script to make them fit how I wanted them to.. the end Info button is a pain... script only accepts full dimensions.... unless i make it again taking off .2...its just a tab higher as is... by .1, one day I will change it...

Destiny...

T5BER wrote:Hi Destiny,

Did you design and add the control buttons for your tour yourself?

Thanks

Steve
Last edited by Destiny on Sun May 15, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
tived

Info

by tived » Mon May 16, 2011 3:15 am

Very nice D!

Henrik

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Destiny,

How did you get these perfect nadirs? Do you shoot a seperate nadir shot? do you do a lot of postprocessing?

At the moment I shoot 2 rows of 6 at +50 and -10 and then slide the tripod 1 m into the direction of one leg, then extend the leg about 10cm and make my 13 th shot. Not always succesfull though.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon May 23, 2011 6:45 am

Hi Hans... I amazed myself too... These were my very first Nadir patches... I used the Nodal Ninja Nadir adaptor to take the Nadir image...
I just moved the tripod back and then took the image.. I then put it into apg and stitched them..... I did it as a bracketed shot... just the nadir.... the rest of the images I stitched a normal... I forget so many things I do so I cannot remember all the setting I used in apg... I should have written them down....

When I did my car Nadir patch I put my elbows on the seat to steady and took several photos.. I managed to get one that stitched almost perfect... My car VR has a couple of bad stitched but this is my first car VR too... I will make sure that my next car VR is much better with bracketed shots to resolve the lighting issue... I should have used bracketed shots for my first pano tour as well... but we live and learn....
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/CarVRs/DestinyCarVR.html

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Mon May 23, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.