Creatung links to views in apano  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Tour is very community driven.
no avatar
mediavets

Creatung links to views in apano

by mediavets » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:55 pm

The Warsaw pano has a number interesting features in it's display UI - I particularly like the button in the navigation bar that enables the viewer to generate a link to the current view - see screenshots.

Here's that example:
http://www.warszawa360.pl/index_en.html?view.hlookat=170.85&view.vlookat=13.74&view.fov=1.8

This would be a really interesting tool/feature to have available (via APT); for example, to assist with the creation of 'tours-within-a-pano', and/or to create a series/panel of 'viewpoint thumbnails' such as is offered with this pano. I could also envisage a development of this to emulate the clever and engaging Snapshot feature in the Gigapan viewer.

Once you had created such a series of view points it would be (conceptually) only a small step, or so it seems to me, to provide a means of linking these viewpoints togther, with display timings and audio narrations and text captions and transition effects to create an auto-run tour within a single pano, or several panos.

Here's a simple example of the sort of thing I have in mind - this one was done by scripting the Gigapan viewer I think?:
http://www.byteswithbite.co.uk/kilgore/org/auto/9802.html

I could also envisage a development of this to emulate the clever and engaing Snapshot feature in the Gigapan viewer.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Archive - Autopano tour future