Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:55 pm 

The Warsaw pano has a number interesting features in it's display UI - I particularly like the button in the navigation bar that enables the viewer to generate a link to the current view - see screenshots.

Here's that example:
http://www.warszawa360.pl/index_en.html?view.hlookat=170.85&view.vlookat=13.74&view.fov=1.8

This would be a really interesting tool/feature to have available (via APT); for example, to assist with the creation of 'tours-within-a-pano', and/or to create a series/panel of 'viewpoint thumbnails' such as is offered with this pano. I could also envisage a development of this to emulate the clever and engaging Snapshot feature in the Gigapan viewer.

Once you had created such a series of view points it would be (conceptually) only a small step, or so it seems to me, to provide a means of linking these viewpoints togther, with display timings and audio narrations and text captions and transition effects to create an auto-run tour within a single pano, or several panos.

Here's a simple example of the sort of thing I have in mind - this one was done by scripting the Gigapan viewer I think?:
http://www.byteswithbite.co.uk/kilgore/org/auto/9802.html

I could also envisage a development of this to emulate the clever and engaing Snapshot feature in the Gigapan viewer.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.