Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 am 

I use APT to create a basic tour and than I adopt it with krpano features currently not included in APT.
What is really unpleasant is the fact that if I recreate a tour with APT the output overrides also my handmade adopted xml files...

It would be perfect to have the feature inside APT to load one userdefinded xml file (maybe using always the same name, eg. user.xml or krpano.xml) This xml file could b empty by default and saved under APT directories. If a user adds his own krpano code to this file than it get merged while creating the tour with APT. Of course its not possible to use krpano features inside this userdefinde xml which are covered by the APT software itself - to avoid double definitions)
And glorious would be a pulldownmenu inside APT where this userdefinded xml could be choosen from a list of handmade xml files so its possbile to create own templates holding different features or different project definitions. APT could take the choosen userdefined xml file and save it allways with a predefined fixed name inside the final created APT tour...

regards,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm 

I vote for this feature too, would expand APT much more in terms of features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 am 

In a way this feature already exists : menu templates. The name is not self explanatory but it does what you say : include a personalized code in the tour.
You can define your own plugin, actions, data in those files and they will be reusable in the whole visit (included in the main xml).
We are thinking about a way to allow more user interaction with this feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 am 

Adrien F wrote:
In a way this feature already exists : menu templates. The name is not self explanatory but it does what you say : include a personalized code in the tour.
You can define your own plugin, actions, data in those files and they will be reusable in the whole visit (included in the main xml).
We are thinking about a way to allow more user interaction with this feature.

hmm.
tested with unregistered and registered version with and without krpano unlimited domain license with APT 1.1.0 beta6 on win7 32bit

I created a tour named testtour.
and I used html template simple, java and javawithfullscreen
and I added 2 blocks autorotation and context menu to the default template navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml following code exapmles:

Code:
<menu>   
    <plugin name="in" url="graphics/btn_plus.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-160" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorz,-1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="out" url="graphics/btn_minus.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-120" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorz,+1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="left" url="graphics/btn_left.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-80" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorx,-1);" onup="set(movevectorx,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="right" url="graphics/btn_right.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-40" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorx,+1);" onup="set(movevectorx,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="up" url="graphics/btn_up.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="0" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectory,-1);" onup="set(movevectory,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="down" url="graphics/btn_down.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="40" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectory,+1);" onup="set(movevectory,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="home" url="graphics/btn_home.png" blendmode="normal" keep="true" align="bottom" x="80" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="lookto(get(panoview.h),get(panoview.v),get(panoview.fov),smooth(100,20,50));" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="openfs" url="graphics/btn_openfs.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" align="bottom" x="120" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="set(fullscreen,true);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
    <plugin name="closefs" url="graphics/btn_closefs.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" visible="false" align="bottom" x="120" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="set(fullscreen,false);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
    <events onenterfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,false); set(plugin[closefs].visible,true);" onexitfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,true); set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);"/>
    <plugin name="autorotation" url="graphics/btn_autorotation.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" align="bottom" x="160" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="switch(autorotate.enabled);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
</menu>
<contextmenu fullscreen="false">
   <item name="item1"
         caption="About the Photographer..."
         onclick="openurl(http://www.jedermann.at);"
         />
</contextmenu>
<autorotate enabled="true"
            waittime="1.0"
            accel="1.5"
            speed="10"
            horizon="20"
            tofov="150"
            />

ok final pano tested with embedded and tested without embedded xml. in all above variations, the code added was ignored.
manually putting this code into finally created testpano0.xml within the <krpano></krpano> block will show the contextmenu...

so it seems that external code added is ignored from APT while creation of the tour,

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 pm 

By the way Beta 7 of APT 1.1 is out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:21 pm 

You have to include your code within the <menu> tags:

Code:
<menu>   
    <plugin name="in" url="graphics/btn_plus.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-160" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorz,-1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="out" url="graphics/btn_minus.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-120" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorz,+1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="left" url="graphics/btn_left.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-80" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorx,-1);" onup="set(movevectorx,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="right" url="graphics/btn_right.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-40" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorx,+1);" onup="set(movevectorx,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="up" url="graphics/btn_up.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="0" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectory,-1);" onup="set(movevectory,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="down" url="graphics/btn_down.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="40" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectory,+1);" onup="set(movevectory,0);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="home" url="graphics/btn_home.png" blendmode="normal" keep="true" align="bottom" x="80" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="lookto(get(panoview.h),get(panoview.v),get(panoview.fov),smooth(100,20,50));" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="openfs" url="graphics/btn_openfs.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" align="bottom" x="120" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="set(fullscreen,true);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
    <plugin name="closefs" url="graphics/btn_closefs.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" visible="false" align="bottom" x="120" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="set(fullscreen,false);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
    <events onenterfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,false); set(plugin[closefs].visible,true);" onexitfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,true); set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);"/>
    <plugin name="autorotation" url="graphics/btn_autorotation.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" align="bottom" x="160" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="switch(autorotate.enabled);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
<contextmenu fullscreen="false">
   <item name="item1"
         caption="About the Photographer..."
         onclick="openurl(http://www.jedermann.at);"
         />
</contextmenu>
<autorotate enabled="true"
            waittime="1.0"
            accel="1.5"
            speed="10"
            horizon="20"
            tofov="150"
            />
</menu>

this will show the contextual menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 pm 

Quote:
You have to include your code within the <menu> tags:

testing with APT 1.1.0 beta 7 and also if I - as suggested - nest the <contextmenu> block inside the <menu> block it still does not work.
(also doublechecked the adobe flash global security settings...) I also tested it with other sourcecode like editor plugin... also dont work.

to remember: i go to the menu template dir. where APT stored the navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml file and than add some xml code (seperate xml block or like you suggested inside the menu block...) than I create the tour with APT 1.1.0 beta 6+7 (xml files not embedded). in none of the resulting files the added sourcecode can be found in resulting output

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am 

Depending on your text editor this may be due to right protected folder within which are located template files. On Windows you have no right to write in C:/Program Files/Kolor/AutopanoTour/templates/menu.
You first have to copy the xml elsewhere, modify and save it, and then place it back to the template folder (administrator privilege required).
To make sure this is the issue : check in your main xml file to see if the menu template code has been copied in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:23 am 

Adrien F wrote:
Depending on your text editor this may be due to right protected folder within which are located template files. On Windows you have no right to write in C:/Program Files/Kolor/AutopanoTour/templates/menu.
You first have to copy the xml elsewhere, modify and save it, and then place it back to the template folder (administrator privilege required).
To make sure this is the issue : check in your main xml file to see if the menu template code has been copied in it.

So is Kolor settings access rights on that folder and others when Kolor programs are installed? If so it seems you've screwed up as far as this is concerned?

I am getting the feeling that APT doesn't do enough via the GUI to satisfy many people (and certainly not professional users) and yet equally it doesn't make it easy for people who want or need to embellish APT generated XML files by hand coding either. One might say it's 'neither fish nor fowl':
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/neither+fish+nor+fowl.html

I appreciate that it isn't easy to balance ease of use and functionality but I'm not clear (is Kolor?) just what sort of user APT is targetted at.

At present ease of use is quite good but functionality is still really very limited IMO; so beginners will be able to get something 'basic' up and running without too much trouble but they will soon become frustrated by the limited functionality offered via the GUI (compared to what the krpano Viewer is really capable of) when they see what others have achieved by hand coding.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 am 

Adrien F wrote:

ok - ;-((( thats an explanation and is true for Windows 7 Ultimate (in this case a 32bit version).

I edited the file
C:\Program Files\Kolor\Autopano Tour\Templates\menu\navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml with Ultraedit. and it did the job, saving it was ok. closing ultraedit and restarting ultraedit and opening the above file again shows the content I saved before. BUT if I go to the folder with windows explorer I see that the creation/altering date is untouched and if I do open it with editor.exe it shows me the naked original xml file as I would never have touched it before.
giving the directory or the file itself admin rights does nothing change. As you described copying the file to a non windows woodo captured folder, changing the content there and moving the file back to original place and finally accepting windows request that admin privs are needed for this "rude" userbehaviour - than finally the changes made in the file will not be lost and the tour will be created as intented. wow - some microsoft developers must be funded by apple to invent such "windows features"... ;-))

ok - next APT version I'll instlal will be installed outside the C:/Program Files/ default folder...

PS: andrew: this is not a kolor feature... its one and only windows security feature to protect the user for whatever...

thanks for your patience...
Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:56 am 

mediavets wrote:
At present ease of use is quite good but functionality is still really very limited IMO; so beginners will be able to get something 'basic' up and running without too much trouble but they will soon become frustrated by the limited functionality offered via the GUI (compared to what the krpano Viewer is really capable of) when they see what others have achieved by hand coding.

The main problem is the lack of GOOD and UNDERSTANDABLE documentations for beginners. I iknow it´s not easy to communicate such things - but what i read as "tutorials" or descriptions rarely don´t do more than to describe what it IS - and not what i can do with it and how i must do it to get a result i want.

I saw very attracting examples - described in a way experienced insiders on the fly realize how to do . . . but absolutely non-understandable to new users.

I myself needed months to come to the point i am - and am far away to do things in a way i´d like to do. KRPano-Forum is very helpful and especially Klaus helps in a very good way.

But you have to learn the "bottom lines" yourself - like learning to walk, to read or to ride a bicycle . . . :cool:

Kolor is giving a fine start with APT - very few people would start by using the KRPano-Viewer/Tools otherwise, very few people even know it.
So let APT grow - it´ll surely come to a point of more and better understandable integration the KR-Tools and their advantages.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:29 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
[

PS: andrew: this is not a kolor feature... its one and only windows security feature to protect the user for whatever...

thanks for your patience...
Gruesse,
Georg

Why, oh why, does the State and now even Microsoft feel obliged to try and save us from ourselves....how are we to learn if we are never allowed to screw up?