Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:35 am 

Our server went down and we had to transfer all data to a temporary solution, now when I try to open my Autopano Tour files I get an error message 'Can't create image from file:' so I loose all my tour work and Autopano opens with a fresh file, no images, no hotspots, no nothing!

How can I reconnect the file so I can get everything back again?

Autopano Tour Version 1.0.9.0

Last edited by enviroimmerse.com on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm 

If you have placed all files and folders in the same relative positions in the file structure, and given the the same names, on your new server then I don't see why it wouldn't work as before. Are you quite certain you have done this?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm 

I have no way of putting the files in the same location, as our internal server is down and we managed to copy everything to another drive, is there a way of relocating the files once the link is lost as with many other software programs.

Last edited by enviroimmerse.com on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:10 pm 

enviroimmerse.com wrote:
I have no way of putting the files in the same location,.

That's not what I said. I said in the same relative positions (to each other) and with the same directory and file names.

Can you not reconfigure your web server so that the structure looks the same even if on a new drive?

Did you have no backups?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:26 am 

Why is there no way of relinking to the files if they have been moved? This seems to be a simple solution that many companies employ within their software. I've also become more mobile now working from a MacBook Pro and would like to access the files from an external 1TB drive, how do I then relink the files to the Autopano document.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:03 am 

enviroimmerse.com wrote:
Why is there no way of relinking to the files if they have been moved? This seems to be a simple solution that many companies employ within their software. I've also become more mobile now working from a MacBook Pro and would like to access the files from an external 1TB drive, how do I then relink the files to the Autopano document.

I don't understand what it is you are trying to do. The links in a VT are all relative AFAIK so there should be no problem relocating a tour so long as you maintain the relative locations of the files.

Have you lost some of the output files generated when creating the APT virtual tour?

If not then what is the problem?

Perhaps you are talking about files used to create the tour (source materials)? If that's the case then the way to avoid losing track of the location of these files (in case you later need to recreate ro modify a tour) is to use the Extended save as... feature which will copy all the source files for the toutr into a single location. But I guess it may be too late to do that for this tour now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 am 

I think if you read the title of the post and the contents correctly you will see I am talking about the 'Nadir Patch' so yes it would be the 'source materials'. I am using Version 1.0.9.0 which I stated in my first post and I don't see any 'Extended save as' feature, please clarify.

One thing I really don't understand why Autopano Tour doesn't have the simple feature of giving you the option of relocating any missing files or any links that have been broken. Until this happens to you its all fine, but when it does, its so frustrating that you have to recreate the virtual tour all over again. Please consider this in future upgrades.

Last edited by enviroimmerse.com on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:05 am 

Hello,
In the latest versions of the software (beta versions) available on the forum, we propose the user to set the location of a file when this one is not found. Hence the answer of mediavets who is used to those latest versions. There is no such feature in the 1.0.9 version.

However, in APT 1.0.9 you can still specify the location of your files by editing the .apt project file. This file is an xml storing all the paths to the resources used in the project.

If resources and project file are stored on the same disk, then files paths are stored in a relative format so you can move the project structure from a place to another.
Else, file paths are store in absolute format, specifying the hard drive name. In this case you would have to manually edit project files.

If you want to, you can try to open the project file with the latest beta version (available here : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta) and you will be asked the path to your files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 am 

enviroimmerse.com wrote:
I think if you read the title of the post and the contents correctly you will see I am talking about the 'Nadir Patch' so yes it would be the 'source materials'.

I sense that perhaps I have all along misundertood your original post and that the 'server' you refer to is not a Web server on which you hosted 'delivery' files, but a server on a local network on which you stored your source files.
Quote:
I am using Version 1.0.9.0 which I stated in my first post and I don't see any 'Extended save as' feature, please clarify.

Err....my mistake, I find that V1.0.9 doesn't have the Extended-save-as feature, but V1.0.9 has long been superceded by much superior V1.1 beta versions, which do (see screenshot) - the latest of which is V1.1 beta 11:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t9903-apt-1.1-beta-11

And as you will now be aware Autopano Tour will itself shortly be superceded by PanoTour the latest beta (V1.5 beta 1) of which can be had from here:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t9902-panotour-panotour-pro-v1.5-beta-1

Quote:
One thing I really don't understand why Autopano Tour doesn't have the simple feature of giving you the option of relocating any missing files or any links that have been broken. Until this happens to you its all fine, but when it does, its so frustrating that you have to recreate the virtual tour all over again. Please consider this in future upgrades.

There may be no no need to recreate the tour all over again - all you need to do is find (or recreate) the missing nadir patch image file and place it in the correct relative location of the server; or as Adrien suggest you can edit the .apt project file. Unless of course you chose to Embed all data and have no source backup - in which case you are as they say 'screwed'; and without a backup you will have to recreate the tour.

But of course this won't happen to you in future because you will be using the Extended-save-as feature, won't you; and/or you will not choose to Embed all data - will you? ;)

If you do find yourself having to recreate the tour it would be worth considering using Panotour V1.5 beta1 to do that as this (Panotour) is the future. If you already have APG and a krpano licence then you will very shortly be able to generate a free licence key for Panotour Pro.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.