[APT V1.1 beta 9] What determines size of Map 'icon'?  

This forum is fully dedicated to Autopano Tour. Bug report as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
mediavets

[APT V1.1 beta 9] What determines size of Map 'icon'?

by mediavets » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 pm

What determines size of the Map image 'icon' - ie. when the Map image is 'closed'?

At present I find that in the 'closed' state it is far too small to be identifiable as anything worth clicking on by the casual tour viewer.

I would like several additional features for the Map:

1. To be able to specifiy the size of the Map image when 'closed', and whether it is displayed at all when 'closed'.

2. To be able to set the Margin value independently of margins for the Navigation bar and the drop down menu (aka Panoramas list).

3. To have the option of an additional Map open/close button on the navigation bar - it would seem more consistent to have a control for the Map on the Navigation bar.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Adrien,

I'm bumping this in the hope of getting a response.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 am

mediavets wrote:What determines size of the Map image 'icon' - ie. when the Map image is 'closed'?

At present I find that in the 'closed' state it is far too small to be identifiable as anything worth clicking on by the casual tour viewer.

The size of the closed state map is 50 pixels and it is not settable from user interface.

mediavets wrote:I would like several additional features for the Map:
1. To be able to specifiy the size of the Map image when 'closed', and whether it is displayed at all when 'closed'.
3. To have the option of an additional Map open/close button on the navigation bar - it would seem more consistent to have a control for the Map on the Navigation bar.

This already has been noted in our to-examine list. While I don't always reply, I try to read all user input! ;)

mediavets wrote:2. To be able to set the Margin value independently of margins for the Navigation bar and the drop down menu (aka Panoramas list).

If you have the same menu pattern every time, why don't you hard code them into a personnal menu template? This way, the margin will only apply to drop down menu and map, and your menu will lay where you set it.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 am

Adrien F wrote:
mediavets wrote:What determines size of the Map image 'icon' - ie. when the Map image is 'closed'?

The size of the closed state map is 50 pixels and it is not settable from user interface.

Well IMO that makes the Map feature unusable. Such a disappointment when it would appear to be a relatively simple matter to offer the user the ability to set the closed size via the GUI.
Adrien F wrote:
mediavets wrote:I would like several additional features for the Map:

This already has been noted in our to-examine list. While I don't always reply, I try to read all user input! ;)

I feel that it would be more helpful if you did respond. Otherwise there's no way of knowing whether the message has been read, let alone whether you intend to take any notice/action. Some insight into the 'to-examine' and the 'to-do' lists would also be of interest.

Adrien F wrote:
mediavets wrote:2. To be able to set the Margin value independently of margins for the Navigation bar and the drop down menu (aka Panoramas list).

If you have the same menu pattern every time, why don't you hard code them into a personnal menu template? This way, the margin will only apply to drop down menu and map, and your menu will lay where you set it.

Well, because the whole purpose/goal - at least for me - of APT is to be be able to do everything I wish via the GUI. I have no interest in coding XML nor Javascript. If I was interested in such things, and competent with such things, why would I have any interest in APT?
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

+1 me too
Why do we need a gui?
so we don't dig our head in the code else everything can be done via xml.

Return to Archive