Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:20 pm 

Hey... Where is option COMPUTE IMAGES in beta 9 AutoTour?

Hmmm... i think that it's feature in beta 9, but when i put one or two images on every export i must wait to compute images.

After 1 hour testing i see that AutoTour sometimes compute pictures, sometime don't. I did not change any parameter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:22 pm 

goranbeg wrote:
Hey... Where is option COMPUTE IMAGES in beta 9 AutoTour?

Hmmm... i think that it's feature in beta 9, but when i put one or two images on every export i must wait to compute images.

After 1 hour testing i see that AutoTour sometimes compute pictures, sometime don't. I did not change any parameter.

Adrien mentions this in his description of APT V1.1 beta 9 features - New features, Import/Export :
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p65360-yesterday-14-33-29#p65360

"** only necessary panorama are exported"

I believe this means that APT only exports/re-exports pictures when it needs to.

Do you feel that this is preferable to having a manual control?

I'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:13 pm 

saying sometimes pictures are created and sometimes not...
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p65402-today-03-32-18#p65402
my thirds screenshot... no images were created, and this folder was empty before newly created so their was a need to create them....
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:36 pm 

or do you search this feature: see screenshot...?
("Ausgabe" = "Export")

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 am 

mediavets wrote:
Do you feel that this is preferable to having a manual control?

I'm not sure.

Hmm... i don't know. I think that is great feature (to compute only new pictures, or updated pictures). But, i put one 360 panorama in the project. Compute pictures - save ... Put another picture in to project, and than AGAIN compute 2 images... If i change FOV for example, i don't wanna to compute again and again all panoramas... I want just like in beta 7 - only export new XML files.

In beta 9, when i 'EXPORT FLASH' sometimes compute all pictures, sometimes not. I know that first time must compute all panoramas in the project, but i don't wanna wait 10 minutes every time when i change some parameter. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am 

Any help? :( Please...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:46 am 

goranbeg wrote:

hmm - only kolor I think can clarify....

Adriens changelog note
Quote:
* only necessary panorama are exported

could also interpreted in that way, that theres no user interaction, if your tour contains 2 or more panos and in one you changed something, than the export no longer has to do all panos but only the changed one...

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 am 

APT 1.1.0 beta 7 - does show the "compute pictures"
and also shown in docu: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/APT_1.1:_Properties

but after default installation of APT 1.1.0 beta 9 - the option is gone !
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:45 am 

gkaefer wrote:
goranbeg wrote:

hmm - only kolor I think can clarify....

Adriens changelog note
Quote:
* only necessary panorama are exported

could also interpreted in that way, that theres no user interaction, if your tour contains 2 or more panos and in one you changed something, than the export no longer has to do all panos but only the changed one...

Georg

From my own experiment,
panos without links with other (or a map) are not exported.
Nevertheless, the check "Compute images" is missing in beta 9, sure.

JPhD

Last edited by jpdeglet69 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 pm 

There's something 'wrong' IMO about the Export to Flash function.

My observations/comments/opinions:

1. It is very sloooooow compared to V1.1 beta7. I mean is is absurdly sloooooo...ooow, it is just unacceptable I feel. Is this a consequence of adopting a new Flash 'rendering' technology/technique so as to remove limits to the size of panos it can handle?

2. Supposedly APT V1.1 beta 9 will not 're-render' panos unnecessarily. The issue I have with that is that we have been given no 'insider' knowledge of when it will, and when it won't, re-render pano images so we have no way of knowing what to expect and the manual option of preveting re-renedering of images has ben removed.

Like all so-called 'smart' and 'intelligent' features and related 'wizards' in any software package these 'black box' systems are fine when they work, but the user is left helpless (and profoundly irritated) when they don't, because the user then has no idea what's happening, or rather what's not happening, nor has the user any means of finding out, nor any means of by-passing the problem via use of manual controls.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:00 pm 

Quote:
1. It is very sloooooow compared to V1.1 beta7. I mean is is absurdly sloooooo...ooow, it is just unacceptable I feel. Is this a consequence of adopting a new Flash 'rendering' technology/technique so as to remove limits to the size of panos it can handle?

We are aware of this problem, and working on it. It, effectively, has to do with the new way we internally handle pictures. This problem only shows up for 360x180 pano because we need to do a lot of work remapping the equi onto cube faces. (full 360 spherical projection has a too bad quality to be considered).
A current/provisory workaround : use less CPU and more memory.
Quote:
2. Supposedly APT V1.1 beta 9 will not 're-render' panos unnecessarily. The issue I have with that is that we have been given no 'insider' knowledge of when it will, and when it won't, re-render pano images so we have no way of knowing what to expect and the manual option of preveting re-renedering of images has ben removed.

We had a lot of problem giving this option to the user. As most of them say "wow, it is super fast to export when I uncheck this box" and then "I just don't understand why my rendered pano is all messed up" after they changed properties which needed another picture export.
So we believe this option is very useful, even if user may not know exactly why it doesn't export pictures all the time (this will be documented). We agree it has a few unexpected behavior, and we are working on fixing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:51 pm 

Adrien F wrote:
Quote:

We are aware of this problem, and working on it. It, effectively, has to do with the new way we internally handle pictures. This problem only shows up for 360x180 pano because we need to do a lot of work remapping the equi onto cube faces. (full 360 spherical projection has a too bad quality to be considered).
A current/provisory workaround : use less CPU and more memory.

Just to provide some data for those following this thread who haven't been experimenting with APT V.1 beta 9 :

The screenshot below shows the small test tour I am 'playing with'.

There are three pano images and a Map image that I also use as an Intro image:

Pano 1 - 360x180 - 8,000x4,000 pixels, 7.24MB JPEG.

Pano 1 - 360x180 - 8,000x4,000 pixels, 5.12MB JPEG.

Pano 1 - 360x180 - 2851x1626 pixels, 1.24MB JPEG.

Map/Intro image - 400x200 pixels, 10KB PNG.

To Export to Flash took 14 minutes 17 seconds on a Dell T3400 desktop PC, with Intel Q9300 quad core CPU, 3GB RAM, Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

Incidentally when timing the Export I found the xx% progress bar somewhat misleading; it took ages to get to 51% and the almost instantly finished. Is there any simple explanation for such behaviour? Is there any chance we might get more informative stats such as those now offered with APG 2.5 Alpha 1.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:55 pm 

Hmm... Can anybody help me about compute images? Why sometimes work computing, sometimes not.... What is need to do?