Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: [APT V 1.1.0 B9] - Bugs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:32 am 

first: thanks for this new version - big step! big features!

some notes ;-) :

if I open an APT 1.1.0beta 7 project
AND
save it under new named project without any change in settings
AND
export result to a new created empty directory (which takes very long time! - def.longer than creating a new project with same source pano and unsing high quality preview in 3d editor! - so activating "Limit Zoom to image rsolution" under View options is like a turbo)
THAN
a black page is shown like this one attached in case a flash was embedded as Display->object->...swf (rectangle hotspot) ...(the sound of the embedded swf is running)
... without embedded flash object all works!

Any new created project with 3D HIGH preview resolution takes LOOOOOOOONG time. 10% and less per minute and a CPU van playing vuvuzuela
but a remarkable different result (higher resolution)!!!

PS: New Feature "No limits in export resolution" - how to achieve this? any option to activate, any screw or bolt to press?
is it this 3D Editor option "High Quality" or the options under "view parameters"

looking at one exported flash (html fullscreen rotation template) and using highest preview and using limit to imageresolution gives following effect:
max zoom to an object is in fullscreen modus much less than using the max zoom in normal view modus. see screenshots...
the zoomed bubble is in normal modus is 117 pixel and in fullscreen modus only 100 pixel wide if maximum zoom is used...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:33 am 

and if I produce a 360x180 jpg 8bit with APG 2.5 Alpha and add this pano to APT 1.1.0 B9 than the 3D Editor is black
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 am 

Quote:
f I open an APT 1.1.0beta 7 project
AND
save it under new named project without any change in settings
AND
export result to a new created empty directory (which takes very long time! - def.longer than creating a new project with same source pano and unsing high quality preview in 3d editor! - so activating "Limit Zoom to image rsolution" under View options is like a turbo)
THAN
a black page is shown like this one attached in case a flash was embedded as Display->object->...swf (rectangle hotspot) ...(the sound of the embedded swf is running)
... without embedded flash object all works!

We did not change the way to handle flash hotspots, so if it was working in beta7 and is no more working now, I would attribute this to the change of version of krpano.

Quote:
PS: New Feature "No limits in export resolution" - how to achieve this? any option to activate, any screw or bolt to press?
is it this 3D Editor option "High Quality" or the options under "view parameters"

Nothing to do on your side : export was before limited to 200MPixels per pano (quite big though), no limits are applied now. You just have not to forget pushing the "compute optimal size" button in Pictures Parameters, as usual.

Quote:
looking at one exported flash (html fullscreen rotation template) and using highest preview and using limit to imageresolution gives following effect:
max zoom to an object is in fullscreen modus much less than using the max zoom in normal view modus. see screenshots...
the zoomed bubble is in normal modus is 117 pixel and in fullscreen modus only 100 pixel wide if maximum zoom is used...

Limit zoom to image resolution is a krpano side feature. You must be aware that when you project a cube to your screen, as it is done in krpano viewer, border textures are stretched, thus pixels too. So krpano limits borders pixel to screen pixel (no stretch). In your case you seems to have a different aspect ratio between normal and fullscreen, this may explain the tight difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:53 am 

Does your black screen problem happen everytime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:03 pm 

Adrien F wrote:

;-) look at the timestamp of my mail... so start testing with it hours before. But 4:30 monring I had to go to bed ;-) Friday = working day ;-)

will test it with other projects today later and come back...

Adrien F wrote:
In your case you seems to have a different aspect ratio between normal and fullscreen, this may explain the tight difference.

thanks!

Adrien F wrote:
Nothing to do on your side : export was before limited to 200MPixels per pano (quite big though), no limits are applied now. You just have not to forget pushing the "compute optimal size" button in Pictures Parameters, as usual.

you say I've no choice anymore, now the tour is created without limits?
but:
3d preview low .... 1 minute
3d preview high ... 35 minutes
to export the tour and on harddisc theres 5mb to 50mb in result...

i dont get the red line - which new option does what affect how (longer time to export, final quality)...

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 pm 

The 3D preview has nothing to do with the rendered visit quality, it is just preview in the software.
Better keep it low IMHO.
If you want to export at a lower resolution you can still specify it in Panorama properties : "Cube face size" or "Partial panorama width".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:48 pm 

Adrien F wrote:
The 3D preview has nothing to do with the rendered visit quality, it is just preview in the software.
Better keep it low IMHO.
If you want to export at a lower resolution you can still specify it in Panorama properties : "Cube face size" or "Partial panorama width".

thanks for clarification!

I think I've to make many more tests. Because I could not say currently why my tests until now - using the same source jpg image - takes sometimes only 1 minute and sometimes the CPU is working 100% and Fan is multiplyings its rotations speed an finally up to 35 Minutes until tour get finished & exported.
;-)

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 pm 

Adrien F wrote:

no seems to be once... couldnt reproduce it even with same source pano image.
But testing with this image I found another unclear point.

in APG 2.5 I can see 360x180 will be recognized
but in APT 1.1.0b9 it says no vield of view information available, even it shows there 360x180
how can I avoind this "error".

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
But testing with this image I found another unclear point.

in APG 2.5 I can see 360x180 will be recognized
but in APT 1.1.0b9 it says no vield of view information available, even it shows there 360x180
how can I avoind this "error".
Georg

As you may know APP/APG writes a special custom EXIF tag in stitched pano images that amongst other things has data on the Pano FOV which is read by APT.

Post-processing stitched panos before importing into APT often strips out this custom EXIF tag in which case previous versions of APT merely defaulted Pano FOV to 360x180.

APT V1.1 beta 9 does this too but also offers a (helpful) warning that it failed to find this custom tag with the Pano FOV data in the pano image EXIF.

I see this issue as potentially being something of a 'show stopper' for some users of other stitching software when APT becomes a separate product. There's no problem of course if all your pano images are 360x180, but if you wish to use partial pano images in APT...

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm 

Thanks for info Andrew,

I did not edit the pano in any way, I did not open the pano in external programs.
Seconds after rendering in APG 2.5 alpha I took the pano and inside APT 1.1.0 beta 9 I did "add pano"
I never saw this using older versions of APG until today. (perhaps only I was to lazy to postprocess my panos ;-) )
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
Thanks for info Andrew,

I did not edit the pano in any way, I did not open the pano in external programs.
Seconds after rendering in APG 2.5 alpha I took the pano and inside APT 1.1.0 beta 9 I did "add pano"
I never saw this using older versions of APG until today. (perhaps only I was to lazy to postprocess my panos ;-) )
Georg

You're right.

I just did a quick test and it seems JPEG panos created with APG 2.5.0 A1 don't have any EXIF data - another bug! :(

Screenshot shows EXIF display, including that Kolor custom tag, from pano image stitched and rendered with APG 2.0.9.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.