Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13570
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
I find that sometimes APT does not create/write the swfobject folder in target folder when saving.

However I haven't been able to decide just what the circumstances/settings are when it does vs. when it doesn't.

_________________
Andrew Stephens
Nikon D40, Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye, Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye, Nikkor 18-55/50/35mm lenses, Nodal Ninja 5 Lite, Nodal Ninja 4 with R-D16, Agno's MrotatorTCS short.
Nikon P5100, CP5000, CP995, FC-E8, WC-E63,WC-E68, TC-E2, Kaidan Kiwi 995, Bophoto pano bracket, Agno's MrotatorA.
Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13570
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
OK - I figured it out.

I edited the javaWithFullScreen.html template and saved the edited version with a different filename.

Now when I use that edited template the swfobject folder does not get created in the target folder.

It seems when creating alternative versions of the java.html or javaWithFullScreen.html templates you must also have folders (containing the swfobject folder) with the same name as the new tempates.

I suppose this made/makes sense to somebody.

_________________
Andrew Stephens
Nikon D40, Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye, Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye, Nikkor 18-55/50/35mm lenses, Nodal Ninja 5 Lite, Nodal Ninja 4 with R-D16, Agno's MrotatorTCS short.
Nikon P5100, CP5000, CP995, FC-E8, WC-E63,WC-E68, TC-E2, Kaidan Kiwi 995, Bophoto pano bracket, Agno's MrotatorA.
Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Posts: 3311
Location: Salzburg
mediavets wrote:
I find that sometimes APT does not create/write the swfobject folder in target folder when saving.

However I haven't been able to decide just what the circumstances/settings are when it does vs. when it doesn't.

I can reproduce that bug if I use a new destination folder where the swfobject folder never was created before (manually or via APT)
and when using a userdefined HTML Template.

Georg

_________________
pages: gigapixel.at - jedermann.at - My Equipment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am
Posts: 264
Hello,
You are right mediavets. All the resources for your HTML template you want APT to export must be within a folder having the same name as the template itself.
That is the reason why there exists two folder called java/ and javaWithFullScreen/ containing exactly the same thing (the swfobject folder), there is one for each java template (HTML templates we provide don't need any external resource).
This way if you define a HTML template containing calls to various javascript object, png pictures, or anything else, put them all in a folder having the same name as your template file once for all and APT will export them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13570
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Adrien F wrote:
Hello,
You are right mediavets. All the resources for your HTML template you want APT to export must be within a folder having the same name as the template itself.
That is the reason why there exists two folder called java/ and javaWithFullScreen/ containing exactly the same thing (the swfobject folder), there is one for each java template (HTML templates we provide don't need any external resource).
This way if you define a HTML template containing calls to various javascript object, png pictures, or anything else, put them all in a folder having the same name as your template file once for all and APT will export them.

OK - that's good, and it makes sense, but Im sure you agree that it needs to be properly documented.

Could I also use this folder as a repository for other assets I might use for the tour such as images or audio or video referenced from hotspots?

I don't think this would work but something like this would be helpful.

What I'd really like I guess would be that assets referenced from the tour stored in the local filesystem - which might include networked storage - would be copied to a tour-specific location when the tour was 'exported' or saved or via some specfic 'consolidate' command. This would avoid the risk of these assets being lost or unavilabale when returning to do further work on a tour at some later date. I have used various multimedia and presentation programs in the past that had such a feature.

_________________
Andrew Stephens
Nikon D40, Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye, Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye, Nikkor 18-55/50/35mm lenses, Nodal Ninja 5 Lite, Nodal Ninja 4 with R-D16, Agno's MrotatorTCS short.
Nikon P5100, CP5000, CP995, FC-E8, WC-E63,WC-E68, TC-E2, Kaidan Kiwi 995, Bophoto pano bracket, Agno's MrotatorA.
Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.


Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am
Posts: 264
mediavets wrote:
Could I also use this folder as a repository for other assets I might use for the tour such as images or audio or video referenced from hotspots?

Unfortunately not. Assets used in the tour are under the tourdata/ folder hierarchy, those included in the html template folder are copied to the same folder as the flash. A better folder management is part of our internal development plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group