[APT 1.10 beta 11] URL links still not ok?  

This forum is fully dedicated to Autopano Tour. Bug report as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
leban

[APT 1.10 beta 11] URL links still not ok?

by leban » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi,

trying to make links from my tour but can't get them to work. Here is a sample of the code in the xml:
Code: Select all
    <hotspot name="spot2" onclick="action(closeglobalobjects);openurl(http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/WC);" bordercolorhover="0xffffffff" borderalphahover="1" fillcolorhover="0xffffffff" fillalphahover="0.25098" onhover="showtext(Toilet!);">

To me it looks like the URL is fine (not like it was on beta 9 at least) but still after clicking on the hotspot in flash nothing happens. Can anyone confirm this problem or am I missing something here?

EDIT: local urls seem to work
Last edited by leban on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Welcome to the forum...

A point hotspot linking to that same URL is working fine for me using APT V1.1 beta 11 on Windows XP/32 and viewing the output via local playback using the latest version of Firefox.

What OS are you using and which browser?

Which style of hotspots are you using to link to URLs? Polygon, Rectangular or Point?

If the hotspots with URL links are not working with local playback, do these hotspots with URL links work when you put the tour on-line?

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
leban

by leban » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:06 pm

What OS are you using and which browser?

Mac and tried it with Chorme and Safari.

Which style of hotspots are you using to link to URLs? Polygon, Rectangular or Point?

They are rects. Did not figure that would make any difference. Can try others too.

If the hotspots with URL links are not working with local playback, do these hotspots with URL links work when you put the tour on-line?

Now that is good point :) Only tried as local files!

Will test that and get back to you soon.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:12 pm

leban wrote:

They are rects. Did not figure that would make any difference. Can try others too.

Further tests show that it works for me with all three styles of hotspot - Polygon, Rectangular and Point - on Windows XP/32 with latest Firefox on local playback.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
leban

by leban » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:23 pm

And I can confirm that on my Mac the hotspots to URLs outside (with http://) work only when run on web server, not on tour run as local file.
My problem is solved but you might want to look into this in future releases.

Return to Archive