Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 am 

Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion of adding the version number. I am going to do that for all scripts I posted here. Initially I thought there is no need for it. Now it is needed due to the many changes.

Jones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 am 

Georg,

Thanks for the suggestion. The reason I did not add camera specific drop down for the source system is that it is difficult to keep track of all cameras. That is why I am just getting the width and height of the sensor and also assumed only 35mm.

The other reason I posted the html here is that everyone can download it and customize the values if they know a little about html for their own system. For example, most of the current default value is what I use personally.

Jones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:12 pm 

Hi,

This calculator works ok, but then the resulting file cannot be imported by APG.

Is there any updated version that would work for this kind of file import into Autopano Giga?

thanks,
jeffrey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:12 pm 

Jeffrey Martin wrote:
Hi,

This calculator works ok, but then the resulting file cannot be imported by APG.

Is there any updated version that would work for this kind of file import into Autopano Giga?

thanks,
jeffrey

What's the problem about importing it into APG?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:45 pm 

Are you trying to use a preset file in APG?

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm 

this file was generated by papywizard, the program.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14314213/papywizard_112x19_300mm.xml
it can be imported by APG no problem.

this one was generated by the html page papywizard calculator.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14314213/300mm%20try.xml
when i try to imported it using the APG import tool, it does not recognize the xml file as valid - there is no response in APG when i specify that file.

Jeffrey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:53 pm 

Mmm, I think you had problems while downloading and/or saving it. Your file is a mix between xml and rtf!

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 pm 

Jeffrey Martin wrote:
when i try to imported it using the APG import tool, it does not recognize the xml file as valid - there is no response in APG when i specify that file.

Jeffrey

As Frederic says this file has some rubbish in it plus more importantly this is a Papywizard XML Preset file not a Papywizard XML Data file.

Papywizard XML Preset files define a shooting pattern and are to be used with Papywizard's Preset mode for shooting panos.

Papywizard XML Data files are generated when the pano is shot and these are to be used with the Papywizard Import wizard in APP/APG.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 am 

Thank you!

So I need a papywizard DATA file.

Is there any kind of utility that can generate this file? Running the shooting simulation can take ages for a shooting sequence of a few thousand images.

Or is there a way to convert (for example) an APG .pano file (or a .pts file) into a Papywizard Data file from a previous optimized pano?

Because when aligning lots of images shot on a preset sequence, the papywizard import tool is by far the most reliable way to get a good alignment.

thanks,
Jeffrey

mediavets wrote:
Jeffrey Martin wrote:

Jeffrey

As Frederic says this file has some rubbish in it plus more importantly this is a Papywizard XML Preset file not a Papywizard XML Data file.

Papywizard XML Preset files define a shooting pattern and are to be used with Papywizard's Preset mode for shooting panos.

Papywizard XML Data files are generated when the pano is shot and these are to be used with the Papywizard Import wizard in APP/APG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 am 

Jeffrey Martin wrote:
Thank you!

So I need a papywizard DATA file.

Yes. What robotic pano head are you using? Does your robotic head not generate Papywwizard-compliant XML data files when shooting?

Quote:
Is there any kind of utility that can generate this file? Running the shooting simulation can take ages for a shooting sequence of a few thousand images.

We have utility that can convert a Data file to Preset but at the moment I'm not aware of a utility to convert a Preset to a Data file.

But Mark Anderson is the guy who could make you a utility:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/profile.php?id=2097

But be aware that some (all current?) mosaic preset generators for Papywizard use non-standard Home (zero/zero yaw/pitch) position, such as the bottom or top left corner.

In contrast when you use Papywizard to shoot mosaic you would normally set the Home position with the camera arm parallel to the ground.