Everything you need to motorize your head
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 63 posts
Info

Papywizard Xml Data File Usage In Apg

by klausesser » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Besides:

we installed APP on my son´s PC now - how can i get imported a PapyWizard script from my Merlin into the APP Alpha?
I tried but failed.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:28 pm

klausesser wrote:Besides:

we installed APP on my son´s PC now - how can i get imported a PapyWizard script from my Merlin into the APP Alpha?
I tried but failed.

best, Klaus

I think you mean a Papywizard Data XML file - ie, the record of a shoot?

In the Papywizard Configure/Data tab you can configure where Papywizard stores data files - if you choose a location on the Tablet's removable memory card then it is easy to get the data file from there by connecting your N800 Tablet to the PC with the USB cable - thereafter you can see files on the removable memory card which appears as a disc drive to Windows Explorer.

Then in APG Alpha 2 you use the File/Import command and select the Papywizard import filter...
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:31 am

Hi Andrew!

I shot 44 images using the latest preset. Activated "data". All fine.
Imported the xml data-file into APG on PC. Trying to import correspondig images failes and crashes APG.
What´s wrong?

best, Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:34 am

klausesser wrote:Hi Andrew!

I shot 44 images using the latest preset. Activated "data". All fine.
Imported the xml data-file into APG on PC. Trying to import correspondig images failes and crashes APG.
What´s wrong?

best, Klaus

This may be because the APG alpha 2 Papywizard import filter perhaps cannot handle non-mosaic (regular matrix) panos?

I don't know if this is the case.

I have previously asked whether it can hnadle non-mosiac panos and have never received an answer.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:42 am

mediavets wrote:I have previously asked whether it can hnadle non-mosiac panos and have never received an answer.

that´s bad. very bad.

best, Klaus

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:09 am

mediavets wrote:This may be because the APG alpha 2 Papywizard import filter perhaps cannot handle non-mosaic (regular matrix) panos?

Of course not. It handles the real positions stored into the xml file, even if you decide to shoot in spiral or any fancy path.

Matrix shooting is only relevant for the gigapan plugins where I suppose there is a row / column structure in shooting.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 am

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:I have previously asked whether it can hnadle non-mosiac panos and have never received an answer.

that´s bad. very bad.

best, Klaus

Well it seems my wild speculation was incorrect.

Alexandre says the Papywizard import filter can handle any combination of shooting positions.
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p36321-today-07-09-44#p36321

He suggests some tests:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p36322-today-07-12-18#p36322

If you are unable to resolve the problem after performing the tests, I suggest you send the 'offending' image set and XML file to Kolor to see whether they can handle it with the Papywizard import filter in APG Alpha 2.

All I can say is that to date I've always found that APP 1.4.2 does a better stitch than APG Alpha 2, with or without the Papywizard import filter; despite claims that the CP detection as currently implemented in APG Alpha 2 is far superior to that in APP 1.4.2.

Of course that may still be true; we should not forget that APG is still in an early Alpha release. At the moment there are so many other bugs in APG Alpha 2 that it is difficult to determine just what contributes to the poorer results from APG Alpha 2 compared to APP 1.4.2.

I am going to wait for Alpha 3 before trying to do much more testing with the Papywizard import filter.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

fma38

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by fma38 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am

Klaus, please send me in private you xml data file; I would like to check it.
Frédéric