Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:07 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 13
Hello,
Before upgrading to mavericks until February as instructed by apple i would like to know if there is any plan to release papywizard for this osx version or if anybody has successfully make it work.
thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Posts: 145
Location: Spartanburg, SC USA
I can share that it does NOT work for me on Mavericks (MackBook Air 11.6", OS X 10.9.1). I am considering trying to build it from source code. I still have a Nokia N800 and Asus eee that I run it on, but they are both getting old and decrepit, with poor battery life.

Is there anyone out there who can build a package installer for Mavericks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14038
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
jriley wrote:
I can share that it does NOT work for me on Mavericks (MackBook Air 11.6", OS X 10.9.1). I am considering trying to build it from source code. I still have a Nokia N800 and Asus eee that I run it on, but they are both getting old and decrepit, with poor battery life.

Is there anyone out there who can build a package installer for Mavericks?


Batteries are easy to source.

And I could sell you an N800 or N810 if you want another.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:35 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Posts: 145
Location: Spartanburg, SC USA
mediavets wrote:
jriley wrote:
I can share that it does NOT work for me on Mavericks (MackBook Air 11.6", OS X 10.9.1). I am considering trying to build it from source code. I still have a Nokia N800 and Asus eee that I run it on, but they are both getting old and decrepit, with poor battery life.

Is there anyone out there who can build a package installer for Mavericks?


Batteries are easy to source.

And I could sell you an N800 or N810 if you want another.


I will remember that if it gets to the point of not functioning sufficiently. It isn't quite there yet, but I sure would like to be able to run Papywizard on my MacBook Air.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14038
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
jriley wrote:
but I sure would like to be able to run Papywizard on my MacBook Air.

Would the Windows version run under whatever process is used to run Windows programs on Mac platforms? I guess you can tell I'm not a Mac user.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:30 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Posts: 145
Location: Spartanburg, SC USA
Maybe if I were running Windows under Bootcamp or other similar. I don't really want to do that because of limited disk space. It may be worth trying to run using CrossOver (Wine) emulation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:48 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 13
Thanks for replying guys,

I guess i can see 4 possible solutions.
1. run parallels with windows and hope that the bluetooth driver will be stable.
2. run pandroidwiz on android but i will have to get an android for that.
3. run the equivalent on old nokia phone but i will have to get a nokia for that.
4. compile papywizard to run on mac osx mavericks which is the best solution.

Any daring soul willing to compile this for mavericks ?
i remember the last working version was for lion ...not even mountain lion.
come on kolor...please...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14038
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
trelobyte wrote:
2. run pandroidwiz on android but i will have to get an android for that.

Be aware that PandroidWiz currently uses Papywizard compatible custom presets for shooting all panoramas.

It does not have a built-in mechanism for calculating shooting positions, not even for mosaic panos.

Papywizard in simulation mosaic mode can be used to create XML format data files that can then be converted into custom preset files.

There is a different preset generator for creating presets for shooting spherical panos which can be used with Papywizard or PandroidWz:
http://exposedbykevin.com/PapySpheric/papyspheric.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 13
thanks mediavets actually this is the one i use for generating presets but i find that for my use cases i make my presets by hand.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 845
Location: Grenoble, France
trelobyte wrote:
ny daring soul willing to compile this for mavericks ?
i remember the last working version was for lion ...not even mountain lion.
come on kolor...please...

well if I remember well Kolor told they would support the project as Fred had no more time for it but I have never seen any work since and now we are stuck with Mac users unable to run easily Papywizard on their platform =(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:25 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Campos do Jordao - Brasil
I solved the problem of Mavericks.

And it was very easy!

I had the papywizard installed on Snow Leopard in application folder. Simply copy and paste it on the machine with Mavericks and it will run.

If you do not have the app installed on another machine I can send my papywizard that is running on Mavericks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:28 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Campos do Jordao - Brasil
pu2wxp wrote:
I solved the problem of Mavericks.

And it was very easy!

I had the papywizard installed on Snow Leopard in application folder. Simply copy and paste it on the machine with Mavericks and it will run.

If you do not have the app installed on another machine I can send my papywizard that is running on Mavericks.


Before trying this, I has downloaded the papywizard and tried to make a new installation on the Mavericks, and the app did not work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:23 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 845
Location: Grenoble, France
pu2wxp wrote:
I had the papywizard installed on Snow Leopard in application folder. Simply copy and paste it on the machine with Mavericks and it will run.

Would be nice to do a zip (archive) of your running PW for Mavericks and share it here ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:21 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Campos do Jordao - Brasil
vincen wrote:
pu2wxp wrote:
I had the papywizard installed on Snow Leopard in application folder. Simply copy and paste it on the machine with Mavericks and it will run.

Would be nice to do a zip (archive) of your running PW for Mavericks and share it here ;)


Here you are:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50591245/Papywizard.zip

I believe you will have to reconfigure the bluetooth address.

_________________
Luciano Correa
Vista Panoramica
Campos do Jordao SP Brasil


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:51 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 845
Location: Grenoble, France
pu2wxp wrote:
Here you are:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50591245/Papywizard.zip
I believe you will have to reconfigure the bluetooth address.

Thanks a lot, very surprised you have been able to run it with Bluetooth, I expected you would have used it in Serial mode !

Vincèn


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group