Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 am 

Hi @all,

I'm new here and would like to first say hello :D

I plan to realize a big dream of mine - my own panohead.

My profession is construction and development but no electronics. So i hope you give me some support in this points.

For me it is not clear how i can realize the following connection.

- Papywizard on Windows
- Tinkerforge Bricks (Stepper) http://www.tinkerforge.com/ to control two stepper.

How can i connect Papywizard with the Tinkerforge Stepper Bricks?

Thx in advance.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:43 pm 

Don't understand a word of it but this laddie seems to be doing it using Excel & VBA to generate the commands -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRifcnxx5eQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rYTR3dXh30

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:34 pm 

@gruntpuddock: tinkerforge is a modular system, to build own hardware projects that need easy connection between actuators (stepper motors), sensors, digital i/o and your pc.

I think that Andy wants to build his own pano robot.

Unfortunately, tinkerforge has a complete different command structure and "way of controlling" than merlin / panogear and the other from papywizard supported pano heads.

So the only way to connect papywizard to tinkerforge is to fetch the source code of papywizard from papywizard.org, write a new module for connection to tinkerforge, compile, ét le voila, work is done ;)

@Andy: do you have programming experience? Good luck! If your project is successfull, let me know. Since Frédéric has stopped development of papywizard, i am interested in exchanging experience (oops, right words?) in papywizard source, because i self plan to make some changes.

greetings from germany
Chris

Last edited by Christian Stüben on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm 

@Chris: genau, das habe ich vor :)

Programmiererfahrung habe ich leider keine, ich habe die Hoffnung hier den nà¶tigen Input bzw. Là¶sungsvorschlà¤ge zu erhalten.

Dass die Entwicklung eingestellt wurde habe ich gelesen - schade. Grad jetzt...
Hat das hier noch niemand gemacht?

GrüàŸe aus dem Süden
Andy

@Chris: exactly what I mean :)

Unfortunately I have no programming experience, I hope to get here the necessary input or suggestions for solutions.

I've read that the development was stopped - too bad.
Has anyone done this yet?

Greetings
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 pm 

amy wrote:
exactly what I mean :)
Unfortunately I have no programming experience, I hope to get here the necessary input or suggestions for solutions.
I've read that the development was stopped - too bad.
Has anyone done this yet?

Hmmm, the panogear and papywizard gurus can give you input, tons of input, gigatons of input, without programming experience i see no chance.

I myself have my roots in software development (c#.net), so i think that with some time for getting familiar with python my project can be done.

greetings to freiburg
chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:53 pm 

I had a look at these modules: they are just great! And the python bindings are really usefull to integrate it in Papywizard.

But there is something to check: is it possible to launch a drive command and have it run in background (ie the drive command returns immediatly)? If so, then it is very easy to integrate these modules.

Papywizard needs to be able to drive both axis in a total indepedant way. When driving to a position, it first drives yaw axis (the motor starts, and the drive command returns), then drives pitch axis (again, the motor starts, and drive command returns). Then, it poll for the end of the positionning of both axis.

I saw in the API that it is possible to register a callback which will be called at the end of the drive. If the drive comand itself is non blocking, then it is good!

Can you check that using the callback, Stepper.set_target_position() or stepper.set_steps() are non blocking?

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100