Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:57 pm 

Hi, im newbie in motorized systems… i was looking info about which equipment is better but i can't find any comparission between those (panogear & epico pro)
I want your opinion, which equipment its better and why….. the only advantage i know from panogear is the panorama's XML file export

Also im wondering why more people use epic pro over panogear….

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 pm 

bungolio wrote:
Hi, im newbie in motorized systems… i was looking info about which equipment is better but i can't find any comparission between those (panogear & epico pro)
I want your opinion, which equipment its better and why…..

Where (in the world) are you located? There are some pros and cons that relate to your location.

I am quite familar with the Merlin/Panogear system, but have no hands-on experince of the Gigapan Epic Pro.

To provide relevant comparative information I really need to know more about what you plan to do and with what equipment.

What camera(s) and lens(es) would you wish to use with a robotic pano head?

What sort of panos would you hope to shoot with a robotic pano head? Indoor or outdoor? Spherical or partial panos (with a pano FOV of less than 360x180 degrees)?

Might you wish to use the robotic head on mast?

Are you considering controlling the Panogear mount using the Papywizard software or the Panogear/T&C Touch Controller?

Quote:
the only advantage i know from panogear is the panorama's XML file export

It's not the only advantage, but that particular advantage is huge when you come to stitch image sets comprising many 'featureless' images.

Quote:
Also im wondering why more people use epic pro over panogear….

I'm interested to know how/why you formed that impression. Nonetheless it may be true.

The Gigapan robotic heads originated in the USA, whereas the Panogear robotic head originated in Europe; the USA is probably a larger market for this sort of equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:20 am 

Hi Andrew, I answer in the other forum but here I write too.

I'm from mexico and here in north america I saw many people prefer Epic Pro, in fact hardly find Panogear in online stores.

I want the system to make panoramic images as shown on the page gigapan.com

Unfortunately I could not see the system in action (panogear), I found few Youtube videos of Panogear and very few web sites with reviews of the system, that is why i came to the forum

there are many pages and videos on youtube that talk about the use of epic pro and I could see how easy it is to use, thats why i think here in north america its more popular Epic Pro

My first panoramic shot will be gigapix of my city, I will start with a canon but i will t3i the camera to upgrade to Mark II

PS i will use software to stitch kolor
Thanks Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 am 

See my reply to your post on the Panoguide.com forum:

http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/10543/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 pm 

Hi "bungolio",

Sorry, I can't post on "panoguide.com"

If you intent to use the "AllView" mount on a Dynamic Perception Dolly system, this is almost impossible!!!
The "Allview" is much too heavy !!!

Gigapixel photography with Nikon D200 + Sigma 70-200 F 2.8 EX DG APO HSM