Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 am 

Hello community,
"... may I please introduce myself, I'm a man ..." :) who now owns a merlin, a bluetooth module and works with papywizard 2.1.21.
All is well so far - except an attempt to do bracketed shooting with an EOS 50D (single trigger mode; +2,0,-2) under fairly low lighting conditions. The equipment stopped in the second row. My question is now (after thoroughly looking for a solution in this forum). Do I have to set the time parameter in papywizard only in accordance with the longest exposure time chosen by the camera (the last shot of the sequence, so to speak), or do I take the whole bracketing sequence (i.e. +2/0/-2) which should of course be longer.

Thanks,
Bernd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 pm 

BS wrote:
Hello community,
"... may I please introduce myself, I'm a man ..." :) who now owns a merlin, a bluetooth module and works with papywizard 2.1.21.
All is well so far - except an attempt to do bracketed shooting with an EOS 50D (single trigger mode; +2,0,-2) under fairly low lighting conditions. The equipment stopped in the second row. My question is now (after thoroughly looking for a solution in this forum). Do I have to set the time parameter in papywizard only in accordance with the longest exposure time chosen by the camera (the last shot of the sequence, so to speak), or do I take the whole bracketing sequence (i.e. +2/0/-2) which should of course be longer.

Thanks,
Bernd

If you are using a single trigger for a series of bracketed shots you would need to set the time interval value to be long enough for the whole bracketing sequence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 am 

Hello mediavets,
thanks a lot for your answer to my question about the correct time value setting. If I may add another one: What if I don't use single trigger mode and let papywizard/merlin instead send three seperate impulses to the camera (still set in bracketing mode, +2,0,-2)?

Thanks,
Bernd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 am 

BS wrote:
Hello mediavets,
thanks a lot for your answer to my question about the correct time value setting. If I may add another one: What if I don't use single trigger mode and let papywizard/merlin instead send three seperate impulses to the camera (still set in bracketing mode, +2,0,-2)?

Thanks,
Bernd

I think this documenation of the shooting sequence will answer your question?:
http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Shootingsequence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:14 pm 

Hello again,

now I come the conclusion that in both cases I have to compute the Time value so "that the entire shooting sequence can complete". Okay, then my Time value in the first run must have been too short; I will give it another try.

Thanks,
Bernd