Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:02 am 

osmica wrote:
I am trying to install all other versions and till now I tried about 5 versions. All failed. My friend on win 32bit works everything. Where is the problem??

Does Windows 7 64-bit offer a feature for running programs in 32-bit mode?

Quote:
It seems the only way is to purchase a mobile device on which papywizard run well. What is the best to use?

You could choose a netbook running Windows XP-32 or Windows 7-32. But if you want a handheld device then the only handheld platforms that run the latest version of Papywizard are the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet tablets.

The N810 has a slightly more readable display for outdoor use (it also has a slide-out keyboard but that's not really applicable to Papywizard useage) otherwise I prefer the N800 because it feels more robust.

Neither N800 nor N810 is currently in production but you can often find good used examples on eBay.

Where are you located?

The other option is the Panogear/T&C touch controller - this is an alternative to Papywizard:

http://www.kolor.com/buy/photo-hardware/accessories/controleur-tactile-autonome.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:54 pm 

What is this? I thinked that is for time laps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:29 pm 

osmica wrote:
What is this? I thinked that is for time laps.

That enables repetition of pano shoots - not quite the same thing as what many would consider timelapse.

But if it meets your needs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm 

I don`t understand how is working the touch control. Can I use papywizard preset on it? I need to make 4 photos @ -55° / 8 photos @ 0° / 4 photos @ +60°
Can I do that automaticly with the touch control? Or I can make just the same nuber of photos in each yaw?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm 

osmica wrote:
I don`t understand how is working the touch control. Can I use papywizard preset on it? I need to make 4 photos @ -55° / 8 photos @ 0° / 4 photos @ +60°
Can I do that automaticly with the touch control? Or I can make just the same nuber of photos in each yaw?

Hi!

With the touch control you don´t need presets. After having it configured ONCE at home on your PC by typing in the camera(s) and lens(es) you need to just choose the one you´re using in the field by selecting it from the touchscreen and choose "sphere", "angle" or "mosaic" - the TC calculates the rest by itself.
It calculates that you need fewer shots in the upper row(s) than in the middle ones and so on. You don´t need to think about making presets and calculating numbers any more.

In angle-mode you tell the controller which over-all angle you want to shoot - let´s say 90x90°. Shooting starts 45°left and 45° right resp. up and down from the middle. So it´s easy to point at what you want to cover.

For shooting a mosaic you move the camera to an upper-right and then to a down-left point and push start.

No hazzle with Bluetooth. Just push start and leave it alone.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 am 

Thanks Klause. That`s very good morning news. I have another question. I don`t know how will work the touch control but now in Papywizard I don`t like one thing. Every time when a preset finish, I need to go back to the first position and click on the home icon in the middle of the arrows to give him the start position. Is it possible to make him finish ang go back itself? Example:
Preset start with 8 photos at 0° from left to right, than it goes to take 4 photos at +60° from right to left and than another 4 photos at -55° from left to right. It is finished and the panogear stop in that position. I would like that he go back to 0° without my help so I can start the new panorama in the next room easier and faster. Maybe I am doing something wrong??
With touch control I`ll able to control the panogear with arrows and that is OK. But now, I need to use my PC or take off the bluetooth and put the hand control in the HC jack. If th BT and HC are conected at the same time, I can use the HC. Maybe that is normal maybe not...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am 

osmica wrote:
If th BT and HC are conected at the same time, I can use the HC. Maybe that is normal maybe not...?

Do NOT attach both BT and HC at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:14 am 

Yes, sorry, I wrote wrong, just a mistake in writing. I wanted write I can`t attach them both at the same time. And now I have your confirmation that is not possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:23 pm 

osmica wrote:
Thanks Klause. That`s very good morning news. I have another question. I don`t know how will work the touch control but now in Papywizard I don`t like one thing. Every time when a preset finish, I need to go back to the first position and click on the home icon in the middle of the arrows to give him the start position. Is it possible to make him finish ang go back itself? Example:
Preset start with 8 photos at 0° from left to right, than it goes to take 4 photos at +60° from right to left and than another 4 photos at -55° from left to right. It is finished and the panogear stop in that position. I would like that he go back to 0° without my help so I can start the new panorama in the next room easier and faster. Maybe I am doing something wrong??
With touch control I`ll able to control the panogear with arrows and that is OK. But now, I need to use my PC or take off the bluetooth and put the hand control in the HC jack. If th BT and HC are conected at the same time, I can use the HC. Maybe that is normal maybe not...?

I´m not sure to understand what you mean precisely - let me try:

The T&C always starts from the same position if you want that. This way you can repeat a sphere several times and all spheres are congruent - depending on the head´s precision of course.
When it has finished a sphere it starts from exactly the same position as it did the sphere before: the camera automatically moves to the position "neutral" and starts at position "1" again when you push "start" again.
You also can break the shooting and the camera will go back to "neutral" or proceeds from the same position or goes back 1 frame and then proceeds shooting. So you can avoid to have a person entereing your situation or something in your pano. Only "stop" and then "go on" doesn´t help then - repeating the last shot without the person saves you retouching afterwards.

By telling the Merlin to shoot a sphere the T&C calculates everything (!). You don´t need to move the head by the arrows at all. Just put the camera/tripod in position and push "start" - that´s all. You don´t need to care for any numbers. The T&C knows your focal-length and sensor-size - basing on these informations it calculates everything.

To move the camera by the arrows for setting a start- and an end-point is ONLY needed when you shoot in angle- or mosaic mode. Rarely done indoors - it´s for landscapes, architectural images or reproductions of paintings, still-lifes and so on.

best, Klaus

(these days Josef will come up with detailed descriptions for the T&C and the new head)

Last edited by klausesser on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 pm 

osmica wrote:
I have another question. I don`t know how will work the touch control but now in Papywizard I don`t like one thing. Every time when a preset finish, I need to go back to the first position and click on the home icon in the middle of the arrows to give him the start position. Is it possible to make him finish ang go back itself? Example:

As you will be aware the merlin mount has no built-in base reference position. You have to establish the position you wish to be 0/0 yourself each time you power up the merlin mount. This is termed the Reference point. It will remain valid until you power down the mount.

In the most recent version of Papywizard there is a special command to return the mount to the reference position:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm 

I understand. Thank you