Motorized head on Kickstarter  

Everything you need to motorize your head
no avatar
jriley

Motorized head on Kickstarter

by jriley » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Have any of you seen the Galileo motorized head for iPhone on Kickstarter? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/449163977/galileo-your-ios-in-motion?ref=category Looking at that video, I imagine how nice it would be to have Papywizard on iOS. Has anyone ever successfully jailbroken an iOS device, installed Python, and gotten Papywizard to work? I wonder how difficult it would be for someone to port just the functionality of the code (but not done in Python) over to the iOS. Any ideas? These Nokia devices are getting pretty old and carrying a laptop is a drag. The screen on an iPad would be just right :)

fma38

by fma38 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Nice! Instead of iPhone, I would build such head for an Android -based device...
Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

jriley wrote:Have any of you seen the Galileo motorized head for iPhone on Kickstarter? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/449163977/galileo-your-ios-in-motion?ref=category Looking at that video, I imagine how nice it would be to have Papywizard on iOS. Has anyone ever successfully jailbroken an iOS device, installed Python, and gotten Papywizard to work? I wonder how difficult it would be for someone to port just the functionality of the code (but not done in Python) over to the iOS. Any ideas? These Nokia devices are getting pretty old and carrying a laptop is a drag. The screen on an iPad would be just right :)

Hah! Cute! :):cool: Must-have!

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Return to Motorized panohead project: Merlin, Orion & Papywizard