Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:55 pm
Posts: 157
Location: Italy - Roma
Hi All,

I recently bought the MX2 and already started playing with it on the Merlin... and now a few questions: I hope someone is already using this combination and could help...

1- so to start with, I set a value of 100.00 for Pan/Tilt Man. Spd. and the Merlin movement is smooth; raising that value to 200.00 and above the movement starts with a "bump".
- Did you experience something like this in manual mode (I mean manual movement, using the buttons on the MX2)?

2- Can I set the speed, that is a faster movement, in automatic mode (I mean automatic movement, when programming a sequence in shoot-move-shoot)?

3- How to program the Merlin for a spherical Panorama? I mean:
- 1 shot for the Zenith + 6 shots around + 2 shots for the Nadir

4- Also is it possible to program the MX2 for a gigapixel panorama like 50x20 shots. Any hint on how to do it?
Video tutorials with the Merlin are still missing as far as I know...

Thanks in advance,
Regards,


Marco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:44 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 845
Location: Grenoble, France
marco.lanciani wrote:
2- Can I set the speed, that is a faster movement, in automatic mode (I mean automatic movement, when programming a sequence in shoot-move-shoot)?

from what I know you can't change speed for now in MX2 ! Merlin control from MX2 is pretty basic for now !

marco.lanciani wrote:
3- How to program the Merlin for a spherical Panorama? I mean:
- 1 shot for the Zenith + 6 shots around + 2 shots for the Nadir

not possible for now with only the MX2 ! For that, you would need to use MX2 normally and control Merlin with Papywizard or other solutions and start pano shooting at each stop (you can setup the MX2 so it stops and waits at each position, so you have time to shoot the pano !)

marco.lanciani wrote:
4- Also is it possible to program the MX2 for a gigapixel panorama like 50x20 shots. Any hint on how to do it?

Already answered :)

For info, MX2 firmware is open source so if you have programming knowledge or know someone able to, you can modify firmware to add additional features in it ;)

Vincèn

_________________
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
My shop for panoramic photographs: http://magasin.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:55 pm
Posts: 157
Location: Italy - Roma
Thanks for your suggestions Vincèn.

Currently I control the Merlin with Papywizard, but I need a laptop... so I was wondering if the MX2 could do the job.
I know about the issue with the iPad/iPhone and Papywizard: it has just to be solved! :)

I also know the firmware is open source but don't have any programming knowledge: anyone on this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Posts: 3323
Location: Salzburg
The MX2 you're writeing about is it the following one? Read the first time about it...
http://dynamicperception.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_9

Georg

_________________
pages: gigapixel.at - jedermann.at - My Equipment


Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 845
Location: Grenoble, France
marco.lanciani wrote:
Currently I control the Merlin with Papywizard, but I need a laptop... so I was wondering if the MX2 could do the job.
I know about the issue with the iPad/iPhone and Papywizard: it has just to be solved! :)

unhappy for now the MX2 can't do that job :(

marco.lanciani wrote:
I also know the firmware is open source but don't have any programming knowledge: anyone on this?

it's arduino stuff, so should be pretty easy to find someone able to do that ;)

gkaefer wrote:
The MX2 you're writeing about is it the following one? Read the first time about it...
http://dynamicperception.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_9

Right Georg, it's a controller built to control Timelapse system with rail and motor !

Vincèn

_________________
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
My shop for panoramic photographs: http://magasin.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group