TC-Controller+Merlin+APG: How to get 360°x180° (with full nadir)  

Everything you need to motorize your head
no avatar
Undertable

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

TC-Controller+Merlin+APG: How to get 360°x180° (with full nadir)

by Undertable » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi community,

last weekend I tried to produce equirectangular (spheric) panoramas by the use of Canon EOS400D+50mm prime lens and Merlin-head for the first time controlled by TC-Controller.
My first impression of TC-Control is very good. It seems easy to use and I believe that in fact Merklin head moves faster as with Nokia Tablet.

I typed in the sensor-size, lens data and selceted "spheric" pano (20% overlap).
TC-Control calculated the necessary number of shoots and started the sequence.
After this I connected TC-Control to the PC and selected "readout" so that the associated .xml. with positioning data was generated.

In AutopanoGiga I imported the .xml and the associated pics.
I started detection (use hard links) and the result was actually good.

And now the only problem: probably because of merlin`s big footprint (battery housing) TC-Control droped the nadir pics.
I know that merlin head is rather applicative for Gigapixel panos than for full 360°x180° spherical panos but I own this head and I would like to produce also such panos even if more retouching is necessary.

For nadir retouching I usually open the stitched panoramic pic in Pano2VR.
I chose a new correction, pan -90° downwards (nadir position) and extract this nadir shot to retouch it in photoshop then.

Normally I get either the tripod/pano head or simply a hole in this shot but now there is no hole.
Around the area of missing nadir-images the stitched pano-pic is pulled together and useless for my purpose.

In APG I tried to extend the missing area before rendering without success.
In papywizard on the nokia tablet I would modify the .xml to get those nadir-shots but in TC-Control the .xml was generated afterwards so I have no effect on it.

What can I do to get this hole (or image of merlin`s battery cover) for retouching?

Regards Oliver

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Undertable wrote:
What can I do to get this hole (or image of merlin`s battery cover) for retouching?

Regards Oliver

Force a 360x180 pano FOV in APG.

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Undertable

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Undertable » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi Andrew,

I tried it out and that`s it - problem solved
Thank You very much!