Papywizard on Android?  

Everything you need to motorize your head
Paul

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Papywizard on Android?

by Paul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Who will be the first one to try PW on Android?

May be here is one around with the skills do to some tests to port PW.

May be this helps: http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/02/28/necessitas/

May be I am on the wrong rail ...
Paul

close, but no cigar ... ... ...

fma38

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by fma38 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Don't forget that Papywizard is written in PyQt (python + Qt), so the python binding needs to be ported too. Or Papywizard needs to be re-written in C++ :rolleyes:
Frédéric

surami

Info

by surami » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 pm

How many people could we find to donate (PayPal donation, Flattr donation) for an Android version? Who has enough skills/time to do this and how much donation is needed?

fma38, could you coordinate the thing? I mean you are the father of Papywizard and you have the sourcecode. You should get donations too for your work.

ps.: I think some of us here knows the Magic Lantern for Canon, the donation works very well there.
surami

no avatar
KreAture

Info

by KreAture » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 am

I actually have a Android app that drives my panohead.
I designed the panohead myself and it uses Pitch and Yaw target angles as well as feedback on positions. It also has control over focus and shutter and naturally supports bulb function. (Although timing is only as accurate as Android and bluetooth link I use will alow.)
I don't think it would be hard to add support for other commandsets to allow move, focus and shoot to be supported for Merlin/Orion type heads.

My biggest grievance is to get the xml transfered to PC as it's written in AppInventor and as such has no access to SD card :(.
Currently it sends the xml as email and this appears to fail with very large imagesets. (2000+ shots is definately a problem)

claudevh

Info

by claudevh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Hello "Kreature"

Skywatcher have just release a "Basic API 1.0 for Android and Panorama Sample Code"
You can find the sources here:
http://code.google.com/p/skywatcher/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FPanorama

This should permit to use all basic functions of the Merlin head from a Android platform ...

Could you have a look ?
Could-you also share your "actual" development ?

Thanks
:cool: Claude :cool:
Merlin + Papywizard on Windows 7 & Nokia 770 § N810 & Acer (Netbook) + PanoramaApp Androïd + Deltawave PapyMerlin BT + Autopano
Spherical Pano (180 x 360) with Canon 40D + Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 Zoom & Pôle Pano with Canon 5D MK2 and shaved Tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 AF DX Fisheye
Gigapixel photography with Nikon D200 + Sigma 70-200 F 2.8 EX DG APO HSM

no avatar
KreAture

Info

by KreAture » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:57 pm

I wish I could share the sourcecode of my app but there isn't any. It's all in the AppInventor thing at googlelabs.
I will probably rewrite (as in write everything again from scratch!) it for android SDK instead though as it's a pita to work in for complex apps.

Hmm... I could make the commands customizable and it may be useable for both types of heads.
It would still require a check-box to select the feedback type it gets though. My sw waits for the robot to reach it's target positions after moves etc. It also monitors batterylevel.

surami

Info

by surami » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 am

@KreAture: So you have enough skills to do this, I mean a Papywizard, which could run on Android or what kind of brains do we need to do this or to help to you?

Thumbs up people, if you would like to see a Papywizard on Android and you could donate some money for this project!
Last edited by surami on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
surami